Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpine ski boot for light 14 yr old with size 9 feet?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any ideas?

14 year old son has rapidly growing feet- size 9 weighs only 50kg. Is a good skier, meaning can ski any piste in control down the fall line at a reasonable speed in alpine or freeheel gear. Says he does not want to tele anymore (which I find odd). But it takes allsorts!

So lightweight son needs alpine boots in a size 9.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Get him some boots then, it isn't complicated.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was wondering about flex.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ed123 wrote:
I was wondering about flex.

What about it ? Flex numbers aren't standardized.

Where do you plan to go to get him some boots ?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@rjs, You'd think so. I got him some trainers today- that was complicated!

Options are near where we live (Liverpool- so Ellis Brigham, Snow and Rock in Liverpool, Manchester, Ventura Sports St Helens) on holiday or online.

I have some Black Diamond Factor 120s which would most likely fit him- but I thought they'd be too stiff.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
He's probably still got a bit of growing to go so I'd try the Black Diamond ones first & reconsider if they prove to be too stiff.
I reached 6'3" when I was 14 but I'm sure my feet didn't settle down until I was passed 16.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just bought http://www.ekosport.co.uk/tecnica-cochise-110-process-bl-18-p-9-20536.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7bnnlMCX3QIVSLHtCh1c_QNNEAQYASABEgLUw_D_BwE#ectrans=1 for my 14 yr old at the weekend. He had been on Salomons but had outgrown them. He had a wee try the other night at Bellahouston freestyle course the other night and loved them. I managed to get them for £200 at Blues.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ed123, just be wary of believeing the conversion form uk to mondopoint.... most "youth" boots (probably the most appropriate) go to 27.5 which if you believe the conversion is 8.5uk so would be written out of the mix, but 27.5 is depending on the person 9-10... have his feet measured on a mondopoint measure and work from there

local (ish) to you is Graham at Rivington Alpine in Chorley i am sure he can offer some advice upon seeing the said feet.... at 50kg the 120 is a bit on the stiff side unless you feed him up
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy