Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria at Easter (6th or 13th April)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Trying to work out if we get an affordable family trip in this season and it's basically Easter or nothing and if another family bash doesn't come off we're going to have to DIY it!

I've come across a deal on BA for Zurich flights and car hire for the week of 6th April for the 4 of us for just over a grand or the following week for £726 (the car hire is hugely discounted so just flights not much different).

The only place I can think of that's high enough that's in a sensible driving distance is St Anton - anyone any other ideas of places for either of those weeks from Zurich? Needs to be boarder as well as skier friendly and have good intermediate pistes (youngest was ripping it down the Sache in Tignes last Easter aged 6 3/4!).

Cheers folks!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 20-09-18 7:32; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@always29, what sort of skiing are you going to be doing? If you are happy skiing on piste then going late season isn't that big a deal.

We are looking to go 6th April but my kids are teenagers now and we like to ski off piste so it's a much bigger issue. When the kids were much younger it wasn't such a big deal. I've been to Paradiski when everything below 1800 was just strips of artificial snow. And it was OK for us.

Accommodation is more affordable at that time of the year for sure so budget wise it's good. And you never know sometimes you still get good dumps at that time of year.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anywhere in Western Austria. Personally with kids in the Arlberg I 'd look to stay out of St Anton so consider Warth/Schroken or Stuben.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When I was looking I considered driving over to St Anton, but Andrew wasn’t keen on the longer drive (our flights are to Salzburg), I searched for anywhere affordable on the Lech side as it is lovely but failed miserably.

Did find a couple of places with Sunweb on St Anton side which looked good. They now have that lift linking over to Lech/Zürs without the bus ride.

Good luck.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you all!

@NickyJ, it's sunweb I've seen some nice apartments on, about £500 inc lift pass.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ischgl is driveable from Zurich and has a good reputation for late season snow conditions.
Cheaper accommodation can be found in the valley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Arlberg is the obvious choice, an easy drive from Zürich. Zürs is ideally placed (the village is at around 1700m) problem is the lack of (affordable) accommodation and there is not much to do once the lifts close. The runs back to St Anton suffer in the spring sunshine though no reason for it not to be kiddie friendly if they are reasonable skiers. Lech is good too but the same afternoon slope issues and not the cheapest spot. Stuben might be worth a look though it is pretty small so not so good in the evenings.

Ischgl is not much further than the Arlberg, it stays open until 1st May so is likely to have reasonable conditions. Not the cheapest place but should be possible to find better value accommodation in Kappl or See, there are bus links to Ischgl.

Serfaus / Fiss has a reputation for being family orientated, it is pretty high (though not sure how well the slopes retain the snow) and near to Landeck, about 40kms on from St Anton on the Autobahn.

A bit further on is Sölden which has two glaciers and is linked to Obergürgl.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy