Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort suggestions please - beer and good skiing for competent intermediates and beginners

Poster: A snowHead
Bit of a broad remit ATM. Looking at blokes' week skiing in March. Needs to be relatively cheap, reasonable apres and reasonable for competent intermediates and beginners. And preferably flying from Bristol.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When you say cheap - What your idea for budget?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Mr.Egg, there's the rub. Let's say £800 for half-board/chalet. Then the usual for passes (£250ish), kit hire (£50-100) and beer (not gonna say Smile ).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@dobby, any preferences for country? Any places been to before you’ve like or disliked?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@PeakyB, no real preference at this stage. Loved SkiWelt (Ellmau - good skiing and cheapish beer), La Thuile (good skiing, but not enough apres for boys' trip), Are (great skiing but beer money would bankrupt me). Liked LDA (weird piste lay-out but I liked it and good apres too). Enjoyed Morzine (some great skiing, with real town, but got peed off with the rain low down).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Val d'Isere? -not necessarily cheap! but if you want less rain...?

I really think you need to look to Austria for proper Aprés...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You ought to be able to get into most places in Austria for £850 per head travel/HB. Saalbach?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Selva Val Gardena in the dolomites might be ideal, has a bit of apres (not up to the Austrian standard), but the slopes would suit and within your budget..
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What about Saalbach Hinterglemm? There are lots of fans around here, I have a few reservations about the skiing but lots of folk love the place, certainly good for a bloke's week.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@munich_irish, has hit the nail on the head.
Good skiing and a few SH's dotted about the place.
Lots of apres ski and lots of night life within the 2 towns.
Mainly hotel options rather than catered chalet styled places.

My town is a bit sleepy in the evening but good if you fancy skiing somewhere different every day and then cabbing back apres the apres for dinner wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sleazyjet to Geneva. Sleazybus transfer to Avoriaz.

Pierre et Vacance apartment will be ski in ski out.. Plenty of restaurants or take out options if you don't want to cook.

Pelforth Brune is almost like real beer.

PDS is a huge area and intermediate heaven. [ Just stay off the wall ]
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd go with saalbach, solden, or tignes. I only do boys trips and they were in the top three including snow and piste/ off piste possibilities. Next st Anton for sheer madness. Oh wait krazee kangaroo, mooserwirt and the carnage that is the ski down, go to st Anton you'll have a blast!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mayrhofen for apres
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
With Mayrhofen you can fly from Bristol to Munich with plenty of transfers from there. Skiing would suit your requirements and definitely no shortage of apres.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Easyjet fly to innsbruck from bristol
Early morning flight out. Late morning back
ski holidays
Don’t counr on EasyJet being able to land at Innsbruck ... prone to issues with poor visibility
snow conditions
Munich's always been good for me.
ski holidays
If beer is important then it has to be Austria of course,
Oh ... I forgot you can ski Czech Republic ... now that's a destination we don't often talk about.

But is that real apres as we know it or just great beer?
snow report
Quote:

Is that Stiegl, Zipfer, Kaiser or Edelweiss? wink
ski holidays
Saalbach:).
snow report
Cheers all. Will have a word with the troops and see what they say.
snow conditions
Andorra fits the bill
snow conditions
Bristol to munich is usually an arm and a leg and unless I have missed something only bmi do the route.
ski holidays
@Mike Pow, good call. One of us went there last year and enjoyed it
latest report
tatmanstours wrote:
Quote:

Is that Stiegl, Zipfer, Kaiser or Edelweiss? wink

Zillertaler of course!!
snow report
countryman wrote:
Bristol to munich is usually an arm and a leg and unless I have missed something only bmi do the route.

Flybe from Cardiff as an alternative
latest report
DavidYacht wrote:
Don’t counr on EasyJet being able to land at Innsbruck ... prone to issues with poor visibility

They also fly to Salzburg
latest report
@dobby, Kitzbuhel, stay in Kirchberg - not cheap but nowehere is ime
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Given your group dynamics, your need for apres and cheap beer and what resorts you've liked in the past, is hard to look past Mayrhofen. It's the first place that came to mind and I see that several others thought the same.

Grandvalira in Andorra would also work, but avoid El Tarter as the apres is limited (one bar, not much going on). Pas de la casa is probably the better option.

Meribel might be an option. The apres is good, there are plenty of runs for every level, cheep beer...(well, you can't win them all), but finding a chalet within budget might be a challenge.

Sauze d'Oulx? never been, but from what I've heard it would also do the job. Not sure about chalet's though.
ski holidays
Saalbach!! Best apres of all is Ischgl, but you'll struggle to find HB accommodation for £800.

Mayrhofen is also a good shout. Wouldn't advise St Anton for beginners, they won't get the most out of it.
latest report
Gösser for beer Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy