Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering if anyone knows what times the sleighs stop/start their taxis service in resort? We have some easy jet flights booked over Christmas but we prob won’t get to resort drop off until about 11pm and would need to leave resort for return about 5/6am. If it’s not still going it might be best to just stay in moraine?!?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The horses work more or less daylight hours, but the rat-tracks run 24/7. Arriving at the acceuil at 11pm is not a problem, it's first come first served for a rat-track. For your early departure you'll have to pre-book your pick-up in resort (or yomp your bags by luggage-toboggan if you're staying near the top of the station). One night's accommodation in Morzine around xmas would not be easy to find.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry I meant stay the whole week in Morzine, we haven’t booked the accommodation yet as I have anted to make sure the transfers were possible!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok I see, remember to check your transfers are booked to the top then both ways, the Prodains telecabine will not be running (unless your arrival is Sat night). But yes, stay in Avz if you can!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Avoriaz vs. Morzine is really a question of group make-up/evening preferences/ability to walk more than 3cm carrying skis/wish to live like a rabbit.

Avoriaz has the convienience - of all being self-contained, right on the snow and with direct access to both the ski schools and full ski area (so you can get some miles in skiing, rather than traversing/skiing the same stuff each day before collecting people from lessons).

Morzine has competition - it isn't all owned by the same person, selling to a captive audience, so you get places that actually have to compete with one-another, driving quality and variety up and prices down (a bit).

If you simply MUST have ski in/ski out, then Avoriaz.
If you're scared of the dark so will be hiding in your accomodation and never venturing out between 5pm and 8am, then Avoriaz.
If you have young children who will be in ski school but are otherwise experienced skiers, then Avoriaz.
If you want to learn what it feel like to live in a tiny rabbit hutch, then Avoriaz*.

On the other hand if you like to get out and about some evenings, either for drinks or meals and have a real choice of where to eat/drink, you don't mind a short stroll from boot room to bubble/bus, and are either all beginners or all out of ski school, then Morzine.

* Yes, you can find rabbit hutch apartments in Morzine too and I'm sure there are some nice sized ones in Avoriaz that don't cost an arm and a leg, but there's more hutches in one/bigger and cheaper apartments in the other.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy