Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting SERIOUSLY hacked off with Easyjet

Poster: A snowHead
I have been their biggest fan for many years but this summer they have pushed me too far. My last three trips have all been seriously delayed leaving as Easyjet have sold standby tickets. The upshot of them doing so has meant that the aircraft doors are still open long after we should have departed and people are still boarding.

On a recent flight to Geneva the departure was delayed over an hour because they sold two many standbys and someone didn't have a seat at all. After much counting, he was eventually asked to go back to the terminal. Us? we then sat on the apron for ages, as we had missed our slot.

The same happened again on Friday evening as we were departing Gatwick, this time a 50 minute delay ensued.

Tonight at GVA, we are delayed 2 hours for our return flight. Easyjet say this is because of earlier air traffic control delays, so is not their fault. Air traffic control delays? No poo-poo Sherlock, if you keep delaying departures to earn an extra few quid you are going to miss slots and that is your fault.

As an Easyjet Plus card holder, a Flight Club member and someone who buys around 60 flights a year with Easyjet, I am now going to look at alternative carriers. Enough is enough.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A very strange set of affairs, why would they be happy to annoy a whole plane load of passengers and all the admin as a result of missing slots Selling those last minute tickets must be worth it. I haven't come across this issue with any airline (touch wood).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bar shaker, how very irritating. Hmm. I am also a Flight Club "recipient" and have done around 50 flights this year, although not encountering such issues.

My particular problem is that U2 is the only airline doing a direct GVA-EDI route...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Flight cancelled. But, here’s the kick in the goodies... the ops manager announced they are putting on a special flight for all of us - at 21.40 tomorrow!! Are they kidding?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@under a new name, I'm in same boat, they have the Edinburgh route all to themselves. Sure you get Jet2 sat & sun but I want to go fri- mon most weekends
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I tried to add a ski bag this week to an upcoming easyJet flight but I only need it one-way for the outbound leg as going to leave kit in resort this season. I was using their online chat facility and was informed that it’s only possible to book a sports bag one-way at the airport, not in advance (and would have to pay the higher airport rate too). I expressed frustration but then the agent went on to suggest that I could take my kit within my cabin bag allowance if it was within the size/weight allowance (time to dust off the big foots perhaps!). Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@davehas, you can add it at check in or up to 2 hrs or so b4 your flight IME online.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@davehas, the work around is to book the outbound and return as separate transactions, then you can add the bag only to the leg that you want. Despite knowing this, I forgot it, and got caught recently when booking a trip back to the UK Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@davehas, I added a ski bag for the first flight only on a 3 flight booking last winter. That was via the flight club line though.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@bar shaker, can you see (maybe on flightradar) if other airlines were delayed on the same route(s)? That might strengthen your case for EU261 compensation.

EU261 makes delays _very_ expensive for airlines, so I'd be surprised if Easyjet can make enough money out of standby pax to offset this.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What's a "standby" passenger in this context? What is the booking route?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@snowdave, no idea and no way I can check. They changed our return to 12.25 but I’ve booked onto an earlier flight which is now delayed by an hour. You couldn’t make it up!

Pam, I guess you wait at the check in and they see who doesn’t show up. Then they make 112 people wait so they can sell 4 extra seats.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
https://stafftravel.easyjet.com/en/secure/myeasyjet.mvc/viewtermsandconditions maybe staff standby? All the
airlines do that I think.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
What do you seriously expect?
snow conditions
@bar shaker, easy to check: https://uk.flightaware.com/live/cancelled/yesterday/GVA

Everyone had a lot of delays yesterday at GVA.
ski holidays
@snowdave, our aircraft never left Gatwick.
latest report
@bar shaker, probably because of the ongoing delays already happening at GVA?
snow report
Why dont you use a decent airline like Swiss?
ski holidays
Should be a few spare slots going today with one airline missing Toofy Grin But there again I am sure I read ej are helping out with TC "repatriation" ?
latest report
% of flights delayed yesterday at Geneva:

Easyjet: 29%
Swiss: 29%
snow report
Quote:

Why dont you use a decent airline like Swiss?

Sounds a good idea. They are only 50% more expensive than easyjet and as far as I could see only fly to and from Birmingham Smile, Manchester and Heathrow. Of course you have to change in Zurich.
latest report
Swiss IAG is a heap of overrated junk.

It went bust in 2002.

Often late and ripoff pricing in 2019.

They are like Swiss railways.

Swiss trains crawl along in wooden boxes at 10mph, but slap a big red Swiss flag on it and expect middleclass snobs to suck it up.
ski holidays
@davehas, If you phone the call centre, they can do one way booking for sports gear. At least that was the case last season.
snow conditions
@Whitegold, Hmmm, rip off pricing? I got flights from Swissair for my Easter trip at far less than Easyjet flights for equivalent times.
ski holidays
Quote:

, Hmmm, rip off pricing? I got flights from Swissair for my Easter trip at far less than Easyjet flights for equivalent times.

New post Reply with quote

If I were you I would check your tickets; Swissair went bankrupt in 2002. Crossair took over a lot of their route and renamed themselves Swiss but swissair still apparently still exist, but only on paper. They have no aircraft.

Though Swiss do have a number of routes, if you want to go to Geneva you have to change in Zurich
snow report
johnE wrote:

Though Swiss do have a number of routes, if you want to go to Geneva you have to change in Zurich

Depends where you’re starting. Heathrow or City (and possibly others) have plenty of direct flights on Swiss.
latest report
Quote:

Depends where you’re starting. Heathrow or City (and possibly others) have plenty of direct flights on Swiss.

That's the problem. I suspect there are plenty from Paris as well. But I don't live anywhere near Paris
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We eventually got back to LGW at 11.45 the next day. I booked an earlier flight than the 12.25 that EJ had re-booked us on to. This was due to leave at 10.55 but was itself delayed for almost an hour. To cap it all, a lorry had broken down at the Dartford Tunnel causing delays there of over an hour. It's a trip I really want to forget.

I've submitted a claim for the cancelled flight, even though EJ were claiming it was extraordinary circumstances (what isn't?).

Swiss from City would be my other best option as I would prefer not to go via LHR. I think Jet2 also fly via STN once the season gets going.

My experiences with Easyjet this summer do not fill me with any confidence for the weekend trips I already have booked for this winter.
ski holidays
@bar shaker, don't forget that airlines are not allowed to use delays to previous flights as justification for extraordinary circumstances. It has to apply to your flight in question
ski holidays
davehas - Re 1 way bag: I have done this about 3 times in the last year no problem, either via the online chat or by ringing the customer services number....
ski holidays
mgrolf wrote:
@bar shaker, don't forget that airlines are not allowed to use delays to previous flights as justification for extraordinary circumstances. It has to apply to your flight in question

Very much this
snow report
mgrolf wrote:

Please update us on how it goes - there are different court decisions on this subject largely based on whether airlines have taken reasonable steps to avoid the outcome. It will be interesting to see if easyJet is able to substantiate that defence (or if it even tries - my guess is it will duck this claim and you’ll have to fight for it).

Danish speakers and google translate users can see here for a court decision sustaining a “knock on effect” defence: http://www.hoejesteret.dk/hoejesteret/nyheder/Afgorelser/Pages/Ikkekompensationforflyforsinkelse.aspx
ski holidays
Mr.Egg wrote:
mgrolf wrote:

Very much this

Is it that black and white ? Just asking Puzzled Fortunately, apart from UK snowmageddon (which I solved myself by getting car back from parking and driving rolling eyes ), have only have ever had short delays that were settled with a free sandwich or whatever. But just in case ....
ski holidays
@snowdave, Ah, just seen your post. For some reason it did not show up when I posted. Thought it might be a bit more complicated.
ski holidays
@skitow, yup, it's probably not as conclusive as all those "legal advice" firms would like to portray on their websites.

Worth bearing in mind Easyjet's average profit per seat is about £15. The compo for one flight eats all the profit from 16 flights...
ski holidays
@snowdave, I don't think my £50 return Geneva - Manchester next week is going to even that up either then Laughing I would be quite happy to be given the option of giving up my rights to compensation up to a certain level, say 8 hours, in exchange for a lower price. Sometimes I would take that option, sometimes not. I might suggest it to that Michael whatshisname Toofy Grin
ski holidays
My son had an Easyjet compensation claim for a cancelled flight.
The plane had a technical problem and was grounded at Geneva.

Clearly not a Force Majeure issue.

His claim was utterly rejected time after time. In the end he put it in the hands of one of the companies that takes 40% on the grounds that 60% of something is better than 100% of hassle and maybe giving up.
It still took over a year and a half!
snow report
I use EJ, BA and Swiss several times a year from Geneva, and in truth none of them are much better/worse than each other in terms of delays, comfort, etc - perhaps EJ are marginally worse for delays on later flights, but I've had delays and cancellations on all three. In some ways EJ are preferable if there is a chance you might need to change plans, especially if you are a Flight Club member, and for their flexible luggage options.

I prefer LGW or LCY due to proximity to where I stay in London but often BA to LHR turns out to be the cheapest (Luton or Stansted aren't feasible options).
latest report
EJ rejected my claim. I’ll have a think about if I pursue it, how I challenge their rejection.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy