Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 1950 - kids lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We are going to Les Arcs 1950 with our kids. They will be aged 10 and 8 and have done one weeks skiing a couple of years ago. WE'd like to get them some lessons. Anyone got any views on which ski school is best for kids there? Current options seem to be:

ESF
Evolution 2
Spirit 1950
New Gen (in Arc 2000, a short lift away so fine)

All views and help gratefully received.

Thanks,

Hamish.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think Spirit 1950 are Evolution 2 in Les Arcs, I'm not sure of the business agreement but it's all linked. http://www.evolution2-lesarcs.com/welcome I'd always recommend E2 over ESF for class size and instructors English skills. Ours are the same age as yours and are on their 7th week with E2 and are up in their Super Yeti/Academy levels and love the whole E2 ethos.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just check that the meeting pints for these schools are actually at Les Arcs 1950
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@UncleFish, welcome to snowHeads. Are you looking for private or group lessons for your kids?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Rob@rar. I'd like to put them in group lessons.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Our kids used Spirit 1950 a few years ago....and they were excellent (and very handy).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We have used Spirit in 1950 for the last three years and will do so again this winter. The instructors all speak good English and are very good with the children. They meet their groups in the middle of the village near the clock, morning lessons start at 9am and last 2.5 hours. If you aren’t sure what level your kids are at just book them into level 1 and on the first day all the kids get assessed to make sure their parents have put them in the correct group.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all. Availability became the key driver as heading Feb half term week. Ended up booking with New Generation in Arc 2000 as they had two places left.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
New Gen were absolutely brilliant for us!

I am a bit tight so the kids went with ESF via Esprit which is ok but you know what you get and what you pay for it!

My wife however really struggled on her first trip the previous year with ESF so I booked her some private lessons with NewGen. She came on so far this year and we were really impressed with the approach from the instructors at NewGen - I would definitely recommend and is very easy to get from 1950 to 2000 using the Cabrio Lift - these resorts are very close and incredibly well linked.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy