Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and The Espace Killy 2018/19 (Useful Links Page 1)

Poster: A snowHead
@chocksaway, great to see this thread renewed, thanks! Happy

Will the new Brévières gondola have its top station where the old chair went up to, i.e. near the bus stop? You mentioned having to ski down to the Boisses bubble. The map on skiresort.info shows Brévières top station right next to Boisses bottom station.

I agree with other posters - I can't see the sense in what they are doing from a skiing perspective (it does add a pedestrian route from Les Boisses down to Les Brev though).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Kenzie,
Thanks for that. Learn something new every day. Due to Rowing commitments in May the extra week unlikely to be useful to me. So think it is going to be a Val EK pass.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@moosepig, That's what I heard in the summer, I guess I will find out mid Nov, as the official piste map has not yet been updated online and the webcams aren't giving anything away. However, Tignes.net says the capacity of the Boisses Gondola has been increased to 3000 pph (punters per hour wink )
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks @Mark1863, I got stung on this last year. Won't happen a second time. Even if you get an extra week out of it @Kenzie, by May-time I will be home and riding my bike...

Last winter I bought my pass on the Tignes site, a friend bought his on the Val d'Isere site. First ski of the season, we both rocked up at the Lanches chair lift in Tignes Val Claret. His pass worked; mind didn't. Ho hum. Back to STGM office by the funi to get it sorted while he got his first run in.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As Rob has pointed out in a separate thread the Glacier will not be opening this weekend due to a lack of snow Crying or Very sad Unfortunately, high pressure looks set to dominate for at least a week with a consummate lack of precipitation......
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I’m sorry for asking a grim question, especially when everyone is starting to look forward to the new season, but this has been bothering me over the summer and I haven been able to find any info. Does anyone know if the British chap who went missing last year was ever found?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Otherworld, he was, yep - sadly looks like he took a wrong turn in bad weather.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Otherworld wrote:
I’m sorry for asking a grim question, especially when everyone is starting to look forward to the new season, but this has been bothering me over the summer and I haven been able to find any info. Does anyone know if the British chap who went missing last year was ever found?

There's something called a Search Engine that will help you

https://www.google.com/search?q=missing+british+skier+tignes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Webcams are off for the night.... is it snowing 😄😄😄❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Timg60, Don't know if its snowing yet but the Col de L'Iseren has been closed overnight due to the forecasted snow. Updates in the morning
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yep. It snowed...
https://www.facebook.com/138384783339172/videos/324583298347339/
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nice bit of icing on the summits. GM has a whiteout. Snowline about 2300m I think.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nice to see the icing on the cake so to speak....forecast for the week suggests it will melt, but the weather seems to have turned
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sadly, I am not getting too excited, after this unsettled spell (damp, windy and yuk) it looks like little or no precip until the weekend. The Jetstream looks like it may move south next week and there might be a shower or two, autumn may well be with the Alps by then. Standing by to standby!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snow cannons going on the webcam above Val Claret...
latest report
It is merely an indication that winter is on its way - that I look forward to. It has zero lasting significance
ski holidays
Interesting note on the Steve Angus thread that you'll be able to ski to the base station of the new La Daille gondola rather than having to get to the end of the piste and then slog across the road
snow report
Here’s the link about the new La Daille project

http://blog.valdiseretelepheriques.fr/everything-about-daille-project/?lang=en
ski holidays
Quote:
It is merely an indication that winter is on its way - that I look forward to. It has zero lasting significance

Whaaattt??!! Shocked

I'm devastated Mark1863. I bet others, like me, had - wrongly it seems - assumed that Espace Killy would be open in October... Confused

But really...Nothing like the first dusting of winter to raise the spirits Very Happy
ski holidays
What I was trying to say comes from every time you say it is snowing and isn’t it nice on the forum someone jumps and says it will melt or put a pessimistic spin on it. Seen the GM like this before. Think it will be a while yet before enough to ski on.
ski holidays
Looks as if the bashers are up on the glaciers trying to farm what they can of the snowfall
ski holidays
Tordi wrote:
All the taxi transfers I’ve been quoted are 700-1000 euros. Which is fine when there is a minibus full of you, but not so much when just 3 adults and one miniature.

We had similar quotes.... in the end hired a car at Geneva for €220, €30 fuel, job done!!!
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
@Tordi, I'm with you, I much prefer driving even from Leeds and means I can take multiple pairs of skis, but my two daughters and wife out voted me!!

Same here - out voted every year!!
latest report
Heads up people - EK discounted season passes are now for sale on the Val d'Isere website.
latest report
stevew wrote:
Interesting note on the Steve Angus thread that you'll be able to ski to the base station of the new La Daille gondola rather than having to get to the end of the piste and then slog across the road

You've always been able to ski to the base station, it's just that now you will have to walk about 15 paces less to get into the gondola.

The new lift starts in the same place, but the entrance is now on the side next to the piste, rather than the side facing the Rosée Blanche.
snow report
@Mark1863, Did you find suitable accommodation for the coming season now that the Alpaka is no more?
snow report
@Yorkshire_Matt, us too. Thankfully free parking at our accommodation which made it worth it, plus it allows a stop in Moutiers for cheaper food and booze! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@GeorgeVII,
Staying in a couple of the Tignes Chalet Company's Lavachet places for my initial 3 weeks stay from 24/11. Not the same!! A season of experiment. The Alpaka seemed a good half-way house between a hotel / chalet / bar for an independent skier. It was not the place it was though. Starting off with 2 snoworks courses just to get them old short fat hairy things going.
bar shaker wrote:
Heads up people - EK discounted season passes are now for sale on the Val d'Isere website.

On my to-do list for tomorrow
Think there was a lot of hard pisteur work going on on the glacier today.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Season Pass purchased! Must be getting close!
ski holidays
I am just looking at buying mine.

Anyone know the discounted rate for owners, I cant see it on the Tignes website!
ski holidays
Philip1972 wrote:
I am just looking at buying mine.

Anyone know the discounted rate for owners, I cant see it on the Tignes website!

Last year it was almost identical to the Val rate for early purchase at -25%. I think the Tignes owners rate was about €25 cheaper than that.

Val have a residents rate, rather than an owners rate. You need to submit your French tax return, in order to qualify. If I paid my income tax in France, I wouldn't be able to afford an apartment Shocked
latest report
Thanks, I have just uploaded my tax bill.
snow report
@Philip1972, in Tignes if you are on the owner’s scheme and have a reasonable occupancy then the discount is 40% on season passes and car parking. There is a cut off date in November I think.
snow conditions
Ski lots wrote:
@Philip1972, in Tignes if you are on the owner’s scheme and have a reasonable occupancy then the discount is 40% on season passes and car parking. There is a cut off date in November I think.

That's a good discount.

The Val residents pass is around €500 and the same as the season workers pass. It's impossible to get without being a French tax payer though and Fonciere/habitation doesn't count.
latest report
@Philip1972, IIRC you are a member of the Proprietaires scheme, you then have to create an account here:

https://www.saison-ski-tignes.com/

This will then link to the ski pass purchase website and give discounts for you and yours. If you encounter any snags just use the messaging system within the site above, they are very good.
snow conditions

2 of the new Télécabines are up at La Daille
ski holidays
Progress photos of the La Daille lift. The whole of Val d’isere is currently a just a huge building site.

snow conditions
The lift is looking great. Can't wait to ride it on the 24th Nov.
ski holidays
Presumably the objective is to offer a quicker, more comfortable ride over to Tignes than waiting for and standing up on the Funicular ?
ski holidays
any rumours on the glacier opening?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy