Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spyder tailored fit ski trousers

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Edit: hello... Smile long time lurker, first time (apparently- thought I’ve posted oreviously) poster...

I’ve been skiing for the past 5 years now using Dare2b jacket/trousers, and whilst they’ve been really good value, I fancy a change (plus everybody seems to have a red jacket, black trousers, and black helmet with a similar backpack to mine and my wife was in my ear last trip about how I need to wait for her as she ended up following some random bloke down the mountain despite my shouting for her Smile in hindsight I should have let him have her, save me some ear ache!! Laughing).

Anyway, I’ve bought a Spyder jacket, and as daft as it sounds I am seriously impressed at the difference in quality - understandable obviously. I didn’t expect the jacket to be as warm as it is, but I’m really happy with it.

Does anyone here have / tried Spyders tailored fit trousers/pants? The jacket is a lot shorter than my D2b one, which is fine as I prefer the fit of it but I’m curious to know if their tailored pants are going to be too tight? I’m medium build I guess, Male, 5’8”, 70Kg and my current D2b trousers are I guess a regular fit, slightly baggy. My concern is that I may be restricted a bit and typically can’t find any stores locally that stock them.

I’ve found a German site that’ll ship to the U.K. in the colour and size I’m after, but I don’t really want to go through the hassle of returning them if they’re a bit tight - so thought I’d ask you wise folk!

Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have just bought a Spyder Jacket and pants from absolute snow .Also Ellis Brigham they have Spyder jackets and pants . They are close fitting but thats how they are designed .
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am your height but a bit fatter and my Spyder trousers are comfy - in fact my 2nd pair. The 1st pair lasted about 15 years, so good value.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks folks, I'm keeping an eye out for the Herringbone Polar ones Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@marksymoo, If you go by your continental sizing - eg I am a 54 - those pants are pretty spot on. If anything mine are a tiny bit looser than I'd like.

The top end Spyder (I have Quest Enforcer) is really good in my experience but the Lifestyle Geared jackets are a bit cheap and nasty. I literally cant ski in mine as the wind whips straight through it.

Sport Pursuit have a load of Spyder on flash sale by the way: https://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/spyder-aug18
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pruman wrote:
@marksymoo, If you go by your continental sizing - eg I am a 54 - those pants are pretty spot on. If anything mine are a tiny bit looser than I'd like.

The top end Spyder (I have Quest Enforcer) is really good in my experience but the Lifestyle Geared jackets are a bit cheap and nasty. I literally cant ski in mine as the wind whips straight through it.

Sport Pursuit have a load of Spyder on flash sale by the way: https://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/spyder-aug18

Awesome, thanks Pruman. Hadn't thought to check SP out - I'll have a look at them now.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pruman, when you say lifestyle -what product line of Spyder's is that?
ski holidays
 fizzer
fizzer
I am 5 9 70kg. I have Spyder Dare tailored fit red size small. They are a snug fit but not unrestrictive.I do not like flappy clothing same goes for the mountain biking.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ah, thanks fizzer. What waist size are you? Do you find the pants are ok in the wind?

I'm similar size to you - waist 32 (seems to be ever expanding now I'm getting on a bit Wink !)
snow report
 fizzer
fizzer
Yep 32 waist. How do you mean "in the wind? Fully windproof & don't flap ie close fitting. Gets my recommendation.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ah, I thought they were waterproof & insulated but not windproof. Cool, I'll order a set - can always return them!

Thanks for replying Smile
snow report
 fizzer
fizzer
No probs at -20 in BC early this year.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@marksymoo, glad you like your Spyder jacket but, if I were you, I wouldn't get Spyder bottoms as well. You seem like a decent kind of chap but, kitted out head to toe in Spyder gear, the sad fact is that a large proportion of other skiers may well regard you as a bit of a prat. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lol Smile

It did occur to me that the blue trousers I was looking at would be a bit much, I don't want to look like an instructor, nor a b*llend on the slopes.

I have my current black dare2b pants, but want to upgrade them. Fair point though, the patterns on them are fairly garish Smile
snow conditions
 fizzer
fizzer
Seriously? You wouldn't buy something because you are bothered about what other people who you don't know may or may not think of you? Best stick to your flappies and be cold then.

The sad fact is that a large proportion of other skiers may well not G.A.F.
snow conditions
Gaf?

I’ve ordered a black pair as couldn’t find the grey in stock anywhere - and the blue is too “blue” for me. Main concern is the tight fitting - but I can always send them back I suppose.

Cheers for the input - and in particular the sizing info.. usually avoidbuying clothing items online becUse I’d the returning hassle.
snow report
marksymoo wrote:
Gaf? edit: heh just worked it out when I replied !

I’ve ordered a black pair as couldn’t find the grey in stock anywhere - and the blue is too “blue” for me. Main concern is the tight fitting - but I can always send them back I suppose.

Cheers for the input - and in particular the sizing info.. usually avoidbuying clothing items online becUse I’d the returning hassle.
snow report
Gaf? edit: heh just worked it out when I replied !

snow report
 fizzer
fizzer
I would be surprised if they too tight to be fair you should be fine.
ski holidays
So they arrived today, definitely a lot closer fitting (as expected) than my current "baggy" fit pants. They're not skin tight though, and don't seem to be restrictive which were my main concerns. Thankfully they're not as heavily insulated as my jacket is (I run hot). Looking forward to trying them out now.

Cheers for all the advice/replies Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy