Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Big fire in Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looks like the relatively newly renovated Colibri building

https://www.ledauphine.com/haute-savoie/2019/08/06/morzine-un-restaurant-et-des-habitations-ravages-par-un-violent-incendie
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is this the building that VIP Ski have chalets on 1st and 2nd floor?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No idea, sorry. Hearing Etale may also be wrecked. Had my first beers and resto meal in Morzine there, 1988. Many memories.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Cat66, yes sadly it is the same building.

Andy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So, Etale not destroyed but will need repainting and water/smoke damage fixed.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Booger
I thought it looked like it. We were booked there at the end of January.
A call to VIP Ski today confirmed it and they are all quite upset about it. There were guests staying there this week.
VIP Ski are being really good and we were already on the list to be move to one of the other chalets. We have the choice of the Manoir or the Alaska.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@cat66 if it was me, and if it fits your needs I'd drop them a line back and ask if it was possible to be moved to Chalet Kaila.

Not stayed there but walk past it every day and always thought it was a great location (hanging off the side of the hill next to the Intersport by the S-M station).

Maybe they offered you Manoir or Alaska because they were the only ones with space left, or maybe they offered them because they had the most empty rooms and they think they'll get more for the empty rooms in other chalets from later booker... Worst case they say "No, has to be Manoir or Alaska" at which point you're no worse off than you are now Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
VIP Ski do a bit of a mixed model for chalets. They have some chalets that you can book by the room and some they rent the whole chalet. So in Morzine they had three now two that they sell on a room by room basis. In the end we went for the Manoir.
I know where the Kaila is. It was that chalet and one of their chalets in Avoriaz that made us look them up and we had a really lovely holiday in Lech last year with them.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was out there last week. Don't know how to post a photo, but it was clearly a serious fire!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ouch.

Lots of fires in the French Alps.

Place is a firetrap.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy