Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Selva at New Year - how busy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Apologies if a dumb question.

Had a lovely time in Selva in Feb 2018 with friends , outside UK school hols (although there were a lot of Germans around) and was still busy but not too bad.

Our friends have booked to go back with their extended family at New Year (this year). I am reluctant as I assume this will be the busiest week of the whole season...

And I hate queues and busy slopes.

Anyone have any experience in skiing in Selva / Sella Ronda area at NY??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was there last 2 NY. Didn't seem that busy. Odd queue to get out of Selva if you timed it wrong in morning, after that never more than a minute or 2 at lifts.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Probably a good place to go at New Year. Its likely to have at least as many runs and lifts open as anywhere else because of its snow making strategy and equally importantly, its sheltered location should mean that the skiing is accessible and enjoyable.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Ghost Dog, @Peter S, cheers for the replies. will look into it in more detail !
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was around the Sella Ronda last New Year. The Ciampinoi lift out of Selva was very busy mid-morning, maybe 20 min wait. There were a few other pinchpoints eg Fermeda chair lift up to Seceda ridge. Even so, there was plenty of room on the slopes and the quality and efficiency of the lift system in the dolomites is extremely good. We had a great time.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sheffskibod wrote:

Had a lovely time in Selva in Feb 2018 with friends , outside UK school hols (although there were a lot of Germans around) and was still busy but not too bad.

Our friends have booked to go back with their extended family at New Year (this year). I am reluctant as I assume this will be the busiest week of the whole season...

What week in Feb did you go? I am now thinking of there or Canazei for w/c 2nd February and dont really do busy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
2nd feb wont to too busy. the weeks after will be tho'

Just avoid Arabba -- it will be full of Snowheads Wink

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=137991#3287975
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Are there any alternative lifts out of Selva other than the Ciampinoi bubble or Costabella chair? We are staying there in March for the first time having skied around and through Selva many times in the past. Is it possible to get a ski bus maybe to Plan De Gralba?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Costabella only takes you to the Dantercepies lift (which takes you out of Selva). The nursery drags will also take you to the bottom of the Dantercepies lift.

Ciampinoi double chair is another alternative, but only useful if you are staying at the 'top' end of the village.

Yes, there is a bus to the Plan de Gralba area
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You can also get a bus to S. Cristina and Ortisei. The Alpe di Siusi area is well worth a visit if you haven't been. And you can take a skibus from Saltria to Monte Pana ie a round trip which will get you back to S. Cristina or Selva
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dougy Giro wrote:
sheffskibod wrote:

What week in Feb did you go? I am now thinking of there or Canazei for w/c 2nd February and dont really do busy Very Happy

We went 3rd Feb to 10th feb 2018. So outside of UK school holidays but think we caught the tail end of a German break.
Queues for lifts were mostly ok but we had one quite long wait to get back out of ortisei after doing La Longia.
Lunches on the mountain bit busy too.
Week after we left was an Italian Carnevale which is not clearly stated on the snowheads EU school holidays charts...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers for all the advice on here.

Have made the leap and booked for NY - Hotel Ingram at a (what feels like) a bargain price with Crystal.
Little bit out of town but gets great reviews.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
good choice. 10 min walk into town. you can ski to the main town down a little track, or take the Ciampinoi double chair (via a short chair lift) across the road to get straight onto the Ronda
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy