Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fitbit Alta Hr or Charge 2/3 - which gizmo?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am hovering over the 'Buy' button on one of the above fitness trackers. I know the Charge 3 isn't out yet but wondering what people's experience has been. Particarly interested how thick the body of the sensors are, a dimension which is proving elusive to track down reliably online.

And all heretics who claim such gadgets are merely gewgaws for fools and that results can be gained by merely jumping up and down, lifting huge triangular weights, 1930s style German calisthenics programmes, or cycling to Mars on a vintage drophandled Raleigh, thank-you but no.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ive got a Charge 2, its great - tells me the time and if i've done 10,000 steps, also what my heart rate is which is all I want. Its pretty basic but that works for me.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have the charge 2. Had it just over a year and on the whole very pleased with it with just a couple of annoyances.

It is usually very good at tracking my heart rate during a workout (more so than the chest straps ever were) does occasionally lose my heart beat but that is quite rare.

The main annoyance is that you can’t sync with the watch via your phone unless you have internet connection. I don’t understand why on Earth they have written the software like that, and the only way you can change the time is by doing it though the app. So you can’t on a flight set the time to the local time of the country you are flying to. Also the only way you can set an alarm time is via the app but you can at least turn on and off a pre-programmed time.

Another annoyance is by default it vibrates and sets of fireworks when you hit your target and you can’t disable that. Thankfully you can change what your target is to something stupidly high on something you don’t care about (in my case flights of stairs).

It isn’t 100% accurate (I can gain steps while sleeping... which was what set the watch vibrating to congratulate me I had reached my target and waking me up) and other times it doesn’t seem to register your steps but it is a good guide.

I like being told when texts and calls come in as I like to have my phone on silent at work.

I don’t have a ruler at work but the depth is approx 8mm at the thickest point.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's just a tool, so I guess it depends what you want it for.
Its like saying "Which hammer should I buy?" ( Marko Arnautovic Smile )
So identify the problem are you trying to solve:
Getting Fitter ?
Competing in a Steps League with your friends ?
Keeping your heart rate in the sweet-spot?
Understanding your sleep patterns?
GPS tracking ?
Diet Monitoring?
Integration with your smart phone?
Will you look at the data on the tracker itself or rely upon an external display such as a PC or tablet?

If you know what you want to achieve then that should help guide your choice of Tracker.
I have had a charge and a charge 2, and I am still a fat b*stard Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@WindOfChange, Laughing

The other thing i'd say is it is a comparison device, not super accurate but if i'm looking to do 10,000 steps a day and i've done 18,000 its good news........ but it doesnt tell me off if i've eaten a bag of Percy Pigs, drank 5 beers and ploughed through a full bag of Doritos.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ionic, here, using it for fitness monitoring and my company has a league competition. Works OK as a watch too but limited apps. Phone takes care of GPS.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes should of have said, if you start a walking or cycling (presumably running but I don’t do that outside the gym anymore) it uses the phones GPS to track distance.

You can customise the watch face which I really like and customise the exercise menu to ones that you do (and their order)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The other thing I like it for is seeing when im in Fat Burning Mode etc, cool graphs to sit and mull over on the app.

Wish it had an altimeter on it, and also a upcoming lottery results predictor function - i'd then buy a proper Garmin when I won.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just measured it and from front of screen to the deepest point of sensor is actually 13mm! Funny it really doesn’t look it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've been using a Garmin Forerunner 230 for a while and have just upgraded to a Garmin Fenix 5X, the old watch had its limits but this one doesn't seem to have any.

Old - 3rd party ski app Crying or Very sad New - ski app pre loaded Very Happy

Old - No HR. New - HR Vo2, lactate, FTP, everything, mapping, navigation, makes tea, everything.

Pricey though,
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy