Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which ski's should I buy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I have been looking for ages an need some help.

I have been skiing several times and would say I am above a mid level intermediate. I usually carve my turns. I don't go too fast and down steeper runs I will take my time.

I like to try a little skiing off the side of the normal piste and would like to gain more experience in this. My skis are Salomon ones with 80 under foot.

I am 10.5stone and 5ft 9.

Any suggestions welcome Smile

H
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Got any local ski shops in your area?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any nearby snowdomes? If there are the ski shop will probably have a trial fleet.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rossignol Experience 88 Ti at a 173cm length should meet all your needs here is a link to a review
http://www.skiessentials.com/2019-ski-test?skis=2019-rossignol-experience-88-ti-skis
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@harryspotter, what's wrong with your current skis?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Salomon X-Screams?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I bought them years ago salmon knights. Only bought them because my last name is knight so thought that was cool.
They are 80 under foot and 160 long. I just feel like an upgrade particularly if I am wanting to try out some powder.

I did look at the kore head 93 they reviews are great but they may be more than I need.

Pinnacle k2 95 I think. They seemed ok.

Not sure whether I would be better with all mountain class or free ride.

I imagine I would ski 80% piste.

I shall have a look at the skis linked on here thanks
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Would the Rossignol Experience 88 Ti be comparable to the Fischer F18, on the piste, in terms of skills needed?

I read that review (linked) and noticed that most of the reviewers were large heavy blokes. Not sure if that is relevant but it might be.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How about you wait 'till you're in the resort, and then find a good ski shop and try some out? Most shops will rent you trial pairs, and then sell some new or buy the pair you tested. You'll pay a premium up a mountain but this is often outweighed by the ability to try out various different types. This is what I did with my current pair, and it was much more satisfactory than buying 'blind' in the UK. I read lots of reviews but in the end, it's like buying a car - the reality doesn't always equate to the review in terms of your individual skiing style and preferences.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Peter Stevens wrote:
Would the Rossignol Experience 88 Ti be comparable to the Fischer F18, on the piste, in terms of skills needed?

I read that review (linked) and noticed that most of the reviewers were large heavy blokes. Not sure if that is relevant but it might be.

I think you'll be fine, they don't seem extremely stiff, but they seem as though they suit a wide range of skiers and they should meet your needs as your skill progresses.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy