Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vonnbot retires....

Poster: A snowHead
Lindsey Vonn announces retirement at end of season. Will be interesting to see if she’s got enough to get those 5 victories she craves.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-sports/45831828
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Love the Vonnbot Smile Strange that she should announce it before the season starts. Is she pregnant?!! I have no doubt that she's got those 5 wins in her if she's fit. Best ever.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great champion, not what she was 3-4 years ago so it’s time to go I think before she gets badly injured. Has had her share over the years and I’d like to see her end on a high and get the 5 she needs but not at the expense of her own well-being.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is injury an issue? Didn’t the manufacturer make enough spare parts?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't think she'll beat Stenmark.

Very impressive, nonetheless.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You don't bounce as well once past 30.

2017-18 World Cup: Vonn jarred her back in a Dec. 9 super-G, calling the injury an acute facet (spinal joint) dysfunction. She gingerly walked with aid to congratulate the race winner, then skipped the following day’s race before returning to the World Cup circuit the following week.

2016-17 World Cup: On Nov. 10, Vonn suffers a severely fractured humerus bone in her right arm in a training crash in Copper Mountain, Colo. The injury requires surgery.

Vonn had hoped to make her season debut either two or three weeks later, but her latest setback puts her return into question as well as her pursuit of the career World Cup wins record. She’s at 76, needing 10 more to reach Ingemar Stenmark. Vonn won eight and nine races the last two seasons.

2015-16 World Cup: In New Zealand preseason training Aug. 13, Vonn crashed and fractured an ankle. She missed the World Cup opener Oct. 24 but returned for the following giant slalom Nov. 27.

On Feb. 27, Vonn crashed in a super-G in Andorra, was taken off the course in a sled and learned she suffered one hairline left knee fracture. She raced the next day, finishing 13th in a super combined.

Two days after that, Vonn underwent more scans that showed she suffered three, larger fractures rather than the one hairline, forcing her to end her season while leading the World Cup overall standings, eight races from a possible fifth World Cup overall title.
2013-14 World Cup: While preparing to come back from knee surgery at Beaver Creek, Vonn crashed during a training run at Copper Mountain, Colo. She was taken off the slope on a sled and underwent an MRI and said she sustained a mild strain and partial tear of the ACL in her right knee, minor facial abrasions and scapular contusions from her fall.

It turned out that she had a complete ACL tear, which she compounded with MCL and joint damage when she skied out of the downhill in Val d’Isere on Dec. 21. On Jan. 7, Vonn was forced to withdraw from the Sochi Olympics and didn’t return to World Cup action until December 2014.

2013 World Championships: In her opening race in Schladming, Austria, Vonn crashed hard during the super-G and needed to be airlifted off the mountain to a nearby hospital. Doctors diagnosed her with tears of the medial collateral and anterior cruciate ligaments in her right knee and a fractured tibial plateau, all of which resulted in season-ending surgery.

2011 World Championships: One week before the start of competition, Vonn crashed during giant slalom training in Kintereit, Austria. Although she walked away from the incident with no major injuries, she did suffer a concussion in the collision. After much debate, she decided to compete in Garmish-Partenkirchen where she finished second in the downhill and seventh in super-G.

2010 Olympics: Vonn came to the Vancouver Games banged up, having bruised her right shin during pre-Olympic workouts in Austria. Putting on a ski boot resulted in “excruciating” pain, but she competed through it and won gold in the downhill and bronze in the super-G. Vonn crashed during the giant slalom, breaking her right pinkie, and then crashed out of the slalom run of the super-combined competition.
2009-10 World Cup: Just weeks before the Olympics, Vonn suffered a violent crash during her first giant slalom run in Lienz, Austria. She was taken to the hospital where doctors diagnosed her with swelling and microfractures in her left forearm. She continued to ski after the injury.

2009 World Championships: In perhaps the most bizarre injury of Vonn’s career, she sliced open her right thumb on a broken champagne bottle while celebrating her victory in the downhill in Val d’Isere, France. The incident left her with a cut tendon, which required surgery, but did not prevent her from skiing the remainder of that season. She went on to earn nine World Cup podium finishes.

2007 World Championships: The technical events continued to cause Vonn trouble in Are, Sweden where she crashed in a slalom training run and suffered a season-ending ACL sprain. Fortunately for her, she won silver medals in the downhill and super-G prior to the crash.

2006 Olympics: Vonn’s second Olympic appearance did not get off to a good start as she crashed during a downhill training run and was airlifted by helicopter off the mountain in Torino. The incident left her with a bruised hip but did not knock her from the Games. Two days later, she finished eighth in the downhill.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
"acute facet (spinal joint) dysfunction."

Call in Noel fritzpatrick..... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@TQA, bit of a drama queen and hypochondriac then?
wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I would say that all her recent falls that have been on TV have been caused by the same movement pattern.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anon dear Vonn, anon
No more curve parabolas to calculate
No microns closer to the gate
No thousands of seconds off to shave
Commit your records, Alt-S to save
Will you dream of electric sheep?
In cold storage dark and deep
Or go gentle into vat of metal
Thumb aloft final victory settled
Anon, Vonnbot, anon...
End of line.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'll miss Julia Mancuso more...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I honestly can't wait to see it gone...........
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
On my lounge wall in VdI. Taken in the trees above La Daille Dec 2015.

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Love her or not, that's a great picture.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is that all your own work @Richard_Sideways?
If so you're wasted on us here Toofy Grin
snow report
bloody stunning pic.....
snow conditions
Rumours that she twatted herself quite badly in training at Copper yesterday seemingly confirmed today

https://www.eurosport.fr/ski-alpin/lake-louise-1/2018-2019/lake-louise-vers-un-forfait-de-lindsey-vonn-apres-une-blessure-a-l-entrainement_sto7019489/story.shtml

Although 24 hr news blackout seems particularly odd
snow conditions
bar shaker wrote:
On my lounge wall in VdI. Taken in the trees above La Daille Dec 2015.

Stalker? Laughing
snow report
Vonn delays retirement ....
https://sports.yahoo.com/lindsey-vonn-delays-retirement-due-injury-missing-race-lake-louise-183435669.html
ski holidays
@Richard_Sideways, nice!
snow conditions
Shame for the Vonnbot that she is going to head into obsolesence with the younger fitter bubblier version now capable of winning all disciplines.
snow report
I’m not a fan of sports people announcing their retirement early, it takes some of the focus off the up and coming atheletes ..
But in this case the vonnernator deserves a farewell season
snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes, still a bit off the pace at most DH though but Shiffrin is definitely on the up. She’s already achieved greatness at only 23(?) and adding speed disciplines to her arsenal is taking her another step. I just love watching her ski as well, got a really graceful but strong style in SL.
snow conditions
I noticed that Molly Summerhayse announced her retirement from competitive pipe skiing a couple of days ago after having had her funding removed.
snow report
Just announced her immediate retirement, after Are
snow conditions
moseyp wrote:
Just announced her immediate retirement, after Are

full info on her FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/89975379727/posts/10157243499909728/

The past two weeks have been some of the most emotionally challenging days of my life. I am struggling with the reality of what my body is telling me versus what my mind and heart believe I’m capable of. The unfortunate reality is my mind and body are not on the same page. After many sleepless nights, I have finally accepted that I cannot continue ski racing. I will compete at the World Championships in Downhill and Super-G next week in Åre, Sweden and they will be the final races of my career
ski holidays
She'll be sorely missed. What a competitor
ski holidays
I hear that she wants to work more with children, so once all the military-grade parts have been stripped and returned to DARPA, and her AI replicated to the new Tesla Formula-E racecar, Vonn will be donated to an inner-city school in Baltimore, where the kids will learn to how to code new Fortnight dances.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Richard_Sideways, Laughing
snow report
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, still a bit off the pace at most DH though but Shiffrin is definitely on the up. She’s already achieved greatness at only 23(?) and adding speed disciplines to her arsenal is taking her another step. I just love watching her ski as well, got a really graceful but strong style in SL.

+ 100

She is delightful to watch. Little Angel
snow report
Totally agree about Schiffrin. There is a grace to her skiing. Vonn given us lots of memories. Looking like Svindal hanging up the skis too. Old father time catches up.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy