Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ex-demo Blizzard, Nordica, Volkl, Scott, Dynastar & Whitedot skis for sale

Poster: A snowHead
The Whitedot ex-demo skis are now listed at the top of page 1.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 17-10-18 13:32; edited 7 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmmmm now would 190 long CL Ragnarok's be completely ridiculous, the new ASYM's seemed like they could be nice given some open space and practice, what do the Redeemers ski like in comparison?
@spyderjon, I'm guessing the Tyrolia Attack 2 bindings won't take my WTR boots, still plenty of room to mount Beast 14's?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Daishan, This is far too tempting!

I've been skiing on Salomon Shoguns since about 2011, but last year our UCPA guide persuaded me to try their brand new Rossignol Soul 7 HDs. I'd been avoiding skiing on anything else for a few years because I knew what would happen - I'd prefer them. And I did. They're turnier than the Shoguns, and I found that because of this I was happy to let them run more, knowing that I'd still be able to turn quickly when needed. So this year I thought I'd demo a few different pairs before buying some.

But.... Preachers for £250? The question is are the Preachers closer to Soul 7s or Shoguns? The radius is closer to Soul7's. I don't suppose anyone has skied them all?

And I really don't need to be going wider, do I?!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Tom Doc, I've really not skied many different skis but the Soul 7's felt boring and a little unresponsive compared with my 169 carbon preachers, probably due to the 169 preachers only been 14m radius and the extra pop from the carbon.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Daishan, My experience on the Soul 7's was last Jan when it just didn't stop snowing, which probably would make anything feel good. I should probably stick to my demo plan!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Daishan, The Rag CL's pivot on a dime and float like a boat. If you can handle the Preacher CL stiffness/pop then you'll be fine (even though you do need more pies!) plus they're a superb Japan ski. Plus your 120mm Beasts will work perfectly on them. And the Attack 2 13 MNC bindings take any boot sole spec. Remind of your sole length as I have a cunning plan.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Tom Doc, I own a pair of original Soul 7 in 188, and have demoed the Soul 7HD in 180 and the 189cm Preachers but only indoors.

I didn't like the Soul 7HDs as much as the original ones, thought that the extra carbon had made them less damp.

Didn't bother trying the Preachers this year as I know that I liked them in the past. Slightly wider and bit more solid tip than the Rossis.

All three have similar turn shape and traditional camber. I don't get very many powder days and like not having to change technique too much when switching from race skis.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Tom Doc, Preachers are definitely not like the easygoing pivoty funshape of a Soul 7. They are more like a big mountain slalom ski. Trad camber, big nose for lift.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spyderjon wrote:
@Daishan, Remind of your sole length as I have a cunning plan.
304 seems to work in alpine bindings (beast booster thing).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Dave of the Marmottes, Soul 7 are trad camber too.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rjs wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, Soul 7 are trad camber too.

Yeah, I thought the basic geometry was similar. I guess my question is are they genuinely turnier than the Shoguns - the radius is certainly smaller.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Daishan wrote:
spyderjon wrote:
@Daishan, Remind of your sole length as I have a cunning plan.
304 seems to work in alpine bindings (beast booster thing).

I've PM'd you.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@spyderjon, so tempted!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Volkl ex-demo skis are now listed at the top of page 1.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 17-10-18 13:32; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ooooow, the Whitedot Directors In 171cm Shocked I gave them a score of 11 (spinal tap moment.). But I’ve been told by the Snowheads collective I don’t need new skis yet, just more practice. Bugga😣😩😢😭. Sad
ski holidays
@spyderjon, alas no RTM 79. Oh well, somebody up there is looking after my bank balance! Very Happy
latest report
robboj wrote:
@spyderjon, alas no RTM 79. Oh well, somebody up there is looking after my bank balance! Very Happy

There's a RTM81 - you'd never notice the difference!
latest report
spyderjon wrote:
@Daishan, ... I have a cunning plan.

What's that then? Lighten his wallet but counteract that by sweetening the deal with "free" pies? Very Happy rolling eyes
latest report
adithorp wrote:
spyderjon wrote:
@Daishan, ... I have a cunning plan.

What's that then? Lighten his wallet but counteract that by sweetening the deal with "free" pies? Very Happy rolling eyes
I'm trying chocolate and pastry tastes batter than pies Neh Neh
Surprisingly his cunning plan actually saves me a bit compared with the ex demo Rag's snowHead
@spyderjon, fresh edge and wax and call it a deal (though guessing they probably already are)
ski holidays
Daishan wrote:
@spyderjon, fresh edge and wax and call it a deal (though guessing they probably already are)

Ok, I can do that.

I've got Adi's Factions here so I'll just add the cost of the edge'n'wax to his bill Toofy Grin
latest report
There's enough being added already thank you. Can't you sell him some nice s/hand pivot bindings?
latest report
Trigger. Pulled. I'd been waiting for a Zero One for literally years and not had cash to burn, but after watching girls spend £65 on sodding face cream the decision was made.

How is it possible for me to have bought more skis than trips booked this season? Better get that fixed.
snow conditions
I've moved all the ex-demo skis for sale in to one post at the top of page 1.
snow report
@spyderjon, I'm interested in the 165 90EIGHT W FLAT 18/19 + Squire Demo 110mm £708.86 £415.00, is that a heavier binding than what you quoted me on new by email please?

I can pick up when back in UK.
latest report
@spyderjon, are you going / taking skis to the Pre-season bash at Tignes?
ski holidays
forwood wrote:
@spyderjon, are you going / taking skis to the Pre-season bash at Tignes?

Nope.
latest report
sof wrote:
@spyderjon, I'm interested in the 165 90EIGHT W FLAT 18/19 + Squire Demo 110mm £708.86 £415.00, is that a heavier binding than what you quoted me on new by email please?

sof, The Squire 11 Demo binding is 930g per ski whilst the Squire 11 ID flat binding mounted is 870g so the demo is 60g heavier, which to be honest you'd never notice. Of more importance is the sole types they accept. The Demo will take alpine & GripWalk soles but the Squire 11 ID will take alpine, GripWalk, WTR & a full AT sole. So if you've not got a WTR or AT sole then save yourself a bundle and get the ex-demo skis!
snow conditions
Thank you Jon.

Sounds a good option if I don't go for Blizzards which I feel in love with. How much do I save if I go for my own bindings on the latter (assuming they work)?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon wrote:

sof, The Squire 11 Demo binding is 930g per ski whilst the Squire 11 ID flat binding mounted is 870g so the demo is 60g heavier, which to be honest you'd never notice. Of more importance is the sole types they accept. The Demo will take alpine & GripWalk soles but the Squire 11 ID will take alpine, GripWalk, WTR & a full AT sole. So if you've not got a WTR or AT sole then save yourself a bundle and get the ex-demo skis![/quote]

Plus you can lend a demo ski to your mates and they are easier to resell because purchaser doesn't have to worry about a remount.
snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes, thank you very much.

I see the Blizzards might come on sale here soon. I did fall for the Black Pearl 98s even though @spyderjon doesn’t like them as much. Anyone know if they will be an option ex demo in 166cm I think it was? Otherwise I’ll go for the 90 Eights ex demo for sure.

@spyderjon, can you tell us why you think the Volkls are better than the Blizzards?

Thanks!
snow conditions
@sof, the two skis are vey similar but there's a bit more pop/rebound in the Volkl construction which is my personal preference over the slightly damper Blizzard construction - but that might not be your preference - it really is a coin toss. Still not heard yet if there'll be any Blizzard/Nordicca ex-demo's available so assuming there isn't then the ex-demo Volkl saves quite a lot of cash. Note that the Volkl ex-demo has the Squire Demo binding which is alpine/GripWalk sole compliant. If a Black Pearl ex-demo becomes available then it'll have the same binding. This means that if you a boot with an AT or WTR sole it'll fit neither of the ex-demo skis.
ski holidays
@spyderjon since I don't know what those other binding types mean it's probably pretty certain I don't need them Laughing

So please hold the Volkl for me at least until the Blizzards come in. The latter did what I wanted as soon as I thought of it, reminding me of my beloved mountain bike's precise steering. But of course I didn't really test them in anger.
snow report
@spyderjon, interesting you say that. Back to back, our experience 2 seasons ago with Mantra 4 vs Bonafide was pretty much that.

I slightly prefer the Blizzard’s “plantedness” and lack of apparent speedlimit (and found the Mantra getting a tiny little bit nervous at speed) whereas Mrs U very much liked the marginal livelierness of the Mantra.

As I said at the time, if amy of the skis were the only ones available, they’d all have been fine. We just have the luxury of extensive testing.
ski holidays
under a new name wrote:
We just have the luxury of extensive testing.

..and the fussiness to be very, very picky wink
ski holidays
@under a new name, interesting - I didn’t like the Mantras in March because of their lack of rebound and found the Nordica Enforcer 100s much more reactive & fun.
snow conditions
sof wrote:
......So please hold the Volkl for me at least until the Blizzards come in......

Sorry but the ex-demo skis being offered here belong to the brands and they'll be offering them to the trade soon - they just gave me/snowheads a week or two head start - so I'm unable to hold them. And I not sure if Blizzard will even be offering an ex-demo Black Pearl in the width/length you require.
latest report
Got a bit excited directors 181 and 191 but then that crushing word sold

Someone will enjoy them for sure snowHead
snow conditions
Any hope for a titchy 152cm female in the ex-demo skis?!

ETA: Ah, I see you have 149cm in the Dynastar...

Do you know if Blizzard had any in the 148-152cm range in their testing? I saw you mentioned that you didn't know if they were going to offer the ex-demo for sale...
snow report
@spyderjon
Will likely take a pair of Dynastar for the mrs, just need to confirm size with her.
Will there be any Head Skis coming up, very interested in the new Kore?
snow report
snowfinch wrote:
Any hope for a titchy 152cm female in the ex-demo skis?!

ETA: Ah, I see you have 149cm in the Dynastar...

Yes, but they're their Speed Master SL race skis so she better be pretty handy/aggressive.

snowfinch wrote:
......Do you know if Blizzard had any in the 148-152cm range in their testing? I saw you mentioned that you didn't know if they were going to offer the ex-demo for sale...

The Blizzard/Nordica UK sales guys are at their international sales meeting in Italy this week so I'm still waiting to see if they're selling of any of their demo skis.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy