Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Auris & VR 2018-19.

Poster: A snowHead
Resort opening is due for the 1/12/18 until 27/4/2019.

After the brief cold spell last week things seem to be back to the dry and sunny weather.

The mountain tops are starting to keep a little snow but a long way to go and of course it's only October.

A few changes/upgrades to the ski area -

Alpe d'Huez have replaced the really slow chairlift to Eclose and Bergers with a new gondola which should should make things better especially when they replace the Huez village lift. The new development in Eclose is nearing completion and looks pretty good.

Auris has had some new snow cannons installed.

Vaujany has upgraded the Montfrais eggs - https://www.vaujany.com/fr/actualites/renovation-telecabine-montfrais/

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 17-03-19 12:41; edited 17 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any further news on the proposed Allemont to Oz lift ? Feb 18 `visualisation` https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=armJs59Tq4Q and this
http://www.siepaveo.fr/

Get the impression that this one (unlike the Les Deux A to ADH) lift, might actually go through.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not heard anything for the past few months so maybe no news is good news!

Concerning the L2A - ADH lift, the last I heard from a hotelier in L2A is that if the two stations upgrade their lifts for the connection then region will contribute to the main link through Freney.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alpinebear wrote:

Concerning the L2A - ADH lift, the last I heard from a hotelier in L2A is that if the two stations upgrade their lifts for the connection then region will contribute to the main link through Freney.

I wouldn't bank on that, the region has no money to fund ski lifts.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks like the Allemont to Oz lift is definitely happening for winter 2019. They've started to relocate the 'council' buildings where the lift will start to another part of the town.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
That does sound pretty definite. Time to snap up some property in Allemont...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I rented a flat for a season there in 2003/4 which was on the market for about EUR20,000. I could have bought it on my credit card!

Since then, I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Allemont so I hope this is a success. It will certainly be a great way to access the ski area if you are driving
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Me too. Has a nice feel to it. We're up in oz station. Can't work out whether the Allemont lift will good or bad for us.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arno wrote:
I rented a flat for a season there in 2003/4 which was on the market for about EUR20,000. I could have bought it on my credit card!

Since then, I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Allemont so I hope this is a success. It will certainly be a great way to access the ski area if you are driving

Not sure I believe you about the credit card, best pm your number and pin so that I can check Toofy Grin

I have stayed in Allemont a few times, rented a small place in that development on the right just before the bridge on the way into the village a couple of times. There were still 25m2 places there for 35k euros a couple of years back. The basic construction of them is not terribly good though, it was actually the construction workers village built for the dam construction and they sold them off after. Some have been done up very smartly though. Stayed there at half term time normally because there was only 2 of us and our place in ADH was rented out. It was handy because you could choose how to access ADH or quite easily get in the car and go elsewhere, like Col d'Ornon Very Happy where there were no queues. I did miss the sports centre in Alpe d'Huez though, I do like my swim in the evening. Stayed n the Douce Montagne a couple of times too, thats a sound enough place, as long as you are happy with being an english minority compared to the Dutch guests. Laughing
I think the Allemont - Oz lift is a no brainer in terms of picking up day trippers etc. as I think parking is going to become an issue in ADH soon. My only concern would be overloading the Poutran lift etc. but I have never really been in OZ first thing in the morning to know what it is like.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@skitow, that’s the development I was in. Yes, build quality was pretty low so I wasn’t really tempted. And there were more euros for your £ back then too
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
An Allemont-Oz lift would be great for the Megavalanche week too rather than have to load thousands of MTBs onto coaches. I doubt it would it would be economically viable to run it the rest of summer though who knows, build it and they will come...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@leggyblonde, The bus, with the bike trailer, from Allemont to OZ does run all summer so you never know. The new lifts seem to have minimal staff and as electric is cheap in Allemont I am sure it is possible. Allemont is already a very busy place in the summer though, I know the Douce Montagne charge more for their rooms in the summer than the winter.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@skitow, it's a lovely place to be in summer. I'd stay there quite happily if it was possible to get to the top for the early race starts without requiring a car!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@leggyblonde, there’s loads of other events it could be used for. The triathlon, TdF stages...

Funnily, the Allemont-Oz bus had frequent users when we stayed in Oz a few summers running. The OH and her friend would put them and their road bikes on the bus for the descent, go for a ride in the valley and then ride back up to Oz! I think the bus driver thought they were mad, but they were terrified of the descent.

I was talking to the son of the owners of the Signal and Authentique restaurants last week (he was training in Hintertux). He said that the snow line is creeping down slowly for the start of the season, but not enough for him to be able to train in Les Deux Alpes.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I love it when it's been raining in the valley and when the cloud breaks you can see the snow lower down the mountains Smile
snow report
Snowing today in resort so hopefully more to follow. As usual seems a mad rush to get everything ready for the start of season. Lots of scaffolding due to be dismantled around resort.
Excitement is building Smile
ski holidays
Early drive up mountain. Probably around 12-15 cm just below resort level.
Will try and take some pics later.

Great to see the white stuff back Smile
latest report
I know the owner of La Douce Montagne fairly well. I ran the beajoulais marathon a couple of years ago with him a couple of years ago and often go there for dinner in the Summer. He said that the busiest month of the year for him is September due to the cycling. Not had the chance to talk to him about the lift yet, but I guess he'd be delighted when it's done.
snow conditions
Friday at 11am

Saturday at 11am

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 26-11-18 10:56; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Looks like there was another dump overnight. Snow level was probably about 1000m looking up at the mountains from Bourg.

Saturday ski is 25,50 if bought before Tuesday midnight. Not sure what pistes will be open.
latest report
Wow ! That looks promising. Hopefully it won`t all melt...
snow report
Information for opening on Saturday now on their Facebook page

- TMX Signal avec la Marcel Farm
- DMC 1 avec la piste des Jeux
- DMC 2 couloir jusqu’à 2100 / Bd des Marmottes jusqu’à 2300
- TSD Marmotte 1 avec la piste du Dahut
- TC Marmotte 2 avec le haut du déversoir et la piste du lièvre blanc
- Fun. Mamotte 3 et TS Herpie avec les pistes Cristallière et Hermine
- La piste de Sarenne jusqu’au TSD Alp’Auris
- Le TMX Rif Nel express avec les pistes Clarine et Rif-Nel
- Tapis des grenouilles et TK du Rif Nel

Hauteur de neige au 26/11 :
- 20/25cm à 1800
- 40 cm à 2700
- 60 cm à l’Herpie
20cm supplémentaires sont attendus vendredi dès 1200m d’altitude

Tarifs à la Journée à partir du 1er décembre 2018 :
- 13-64 ans : 37.50€
- 5/12 ans : 31.00€
- 65/71 ans : 33.50€
- Etudiants 13-25 ans : 33.50€
latest report
Snowing steadily for most of the morning. Should make for a lovely day tomorrow before the milder few days.
latest report
Great, thanks for this Cool
snow conditions
Super first morning on the slopes. Hopefully a great season ahead.

First run with the kids Very Happy

latest report
Spring like conditions today Sad

Roll on the weekend Smile
snow conditions
Thanks
latest report
All looking good!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some friends had a ski on Monday. High up great but not so good on lower slopes. Should be better after weekend.
ski holidays
Sunshine day. Just skied Sarenne, lovely conditions and very quiet.
Lower slopes definitely need the snow this weekend.
ski holidays
Bad weather coming in. Snow level about Huez village.
snow report
Anyone know if the chair from half way down from Alpette to the run to Montfrais (Chalets, I think) has been replaced this year ?
snow report
All lifts closed in resort apart from a couple of drag lifts due to wind.

Loads of snow falling.

Roads pretty difficult past Huez village.
snow report
Today couldn't come quickly enough! Kids early to school, up the mountain for 9am!

Fantastic day skiing, fresh powder located next to the pistes. Windy up top at times but the Sarenne was in great condition, the best since I came here six years ago.
snow conditions
jonty wrote:
Anyone know if the chair from half way down from Alpette to the run to Montfrais (Chalets, I think) has been replaced this year ?

I think you mean the Clos Giraud. Sadly not, allegedly been delayed by some shenanigans with the guy who grazes cattle thereabouts in the summer. It is now budgeted for replacement next summer with a 6 seat/cabin telemixte, nearly €10 million cost. The only big change this year is the refurbishment of the Montfrais bubble. There are new cabins, new controls so it should stop less frequently and not be so draughty when it does!
latest report
@Petere - Ah ... that`s the one. Shame. Probably the coldest chair on the mountain. Bl**dy slow too.
latest report
Any one have a recommendation for a transfer bus/company from Lyon for 8 people
latest report
@radar,

For private transfers

https://www.alp-venture.com
http://www.chairlift.eu

Or depending on your flight times you could use local busses from Lyon - Grenoble - Alpe d'Huez.
snow report
First day back at work and resort looks good and all set for full opening tomorrow.

Looks like snow due on Sunday and again midweek.

All good hopefully.
latest report
The snow has been falling heavily since lunchtime.
Tomorrow looks like being an epic ski day.

Work is such an inconvenience at times! Hopefully get out on my lunch break.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy