Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plan Peisey/Vallandry/Club Med

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are staying in a TO chalet in PP in January, which is c.150m from the Vanoise Express, if that helps with bearings.

Haven’t been to the area before but it was chosen as there is access to a hotel swimming pool for our non-skier. However, we understand it’s also possible to get a day pass to Club Med in Peisey Vallandry to use the facilities there, have lunch etc. Has anyone done this and if so, was it worthwhile, is it easy to reach on foot, or via the free bus?

I have asked CM direct and they advise day passes are available but not to pre-book and the cost can vary. We have to ring on the morning of the day we go for availability and cost. That’s ok if it’s worth doing, so views would be helpful. Thanks Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Montana, If your chalet is 150m from Vanoise Express you're no more than 200m away from Club Med I'd say.

Plan Peisey and Peisey Vallandry are (in this instance) same place so i think you can get there on foot. Certainly easy to walk from Vanoise Express to Club Med
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Boris, great, thanks 👍
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If your non skier fancies a change I spent a lovely half day here http://www.hotel-la-vanoise.com/en/spa-and-well-being.html, and another here https://www.cgh-residences.co.uk/winter/residences/loree-des-cimes-15. at the second one you book a treatment, in my case a massage, and then use of the spa/pool is free for the rest of the session. The first one was just pay on entry for a half day. In both cases I had the places pretty much to myself until about 4 pm when folks returning from the slopes began to use the facilities.

If you don`t fancy the walks, there are frequent free navettes.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@CaravanSkier, thank you. We’re aware of Hotel le Vanoise but great to hear from someone who has used it and can recommend. She’ll probably enjoy a massage at the CGH property, and that’s an option we weren’t aware of, so thanks again. We were quite spoilt last season in that our chalet was less than a minute walk to the excellent resort pool and spa, so our non-skier went most days as she loves to swim
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Montana, A 2nd vote for the spa at the Vanoise. The pool and jacuzzi overlook the returning slope to PP and the chairlift, so quite fun to watch. IIRC, the pool is open in the mrning, but th steam room and sauna don't open till 1.30-2pm. Last year it cost 15euros, and ther is also a small gym there you can use. I understand you can use the pool etc at Club Med, but it costs 60 euros and you have to eat there too (included in cost). Its dead easy to reach from the Vanoise Express Very Happy . Make sure your non-skier goes walking in the Vanoise National Park too - take the lobster pot lift down to Peisey, and there is a bus that runs every half hour to the Nordic Centre - not to be missed! Have fun
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@genepi, excellent, thank you 😊
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy