Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski trainers/training equipment

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm considering purchasing a ski specific piece of training equipment to assist with getting in shape in advance of future trips. Just wondering what folks have tried? What your opinions are of them? Also if there's anything out there i've not considered.

So far i've seen
- https://www.ski-simulator.com/ which looks promising
- http://www.skiersedge.com which appears disproportionately expensive for what it is. Also i'm immediately distrustful of any company/website that looks for most of my details just to provide a price.
- https://fitter1.com/collections/cardio-training/products/pro-fitter-3d-cross-trainer which looks like it could be the ticket but could also be quite limited/unused quickly

So any thoughts on the above or suggestions for other pieces of equipment. As an aside (but related slightly), i'm currently based in the middle east so excessively large machines may be difficult to get.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't know which came first but thought it was the skiersedge, which the ski-simulator appears to replicate. Apologies if I've got that wrong.

I've seen and tried the skiersedge which too me, as closely as possible, replicates the physical aspects of skiing with fitness incorporated in that routine. How it would be viewed by a physio and ski technical expert in couldn't project.

It seems highly competent to me and makes very significant demand on fitness and balance to operate at it's full potential which is what something is supposed to do. I've seen nothing that compares as a single machine to that type of equipment. The examples I've tried have been very impressively constructed which I'd rate with the most professional and robust gym equipment. I believe it's quite expensive but can't see how you'd produce at less cost for such a well produced item.

I was talking to the skiing Bell brothers about it at a ski show where they were attending to demonstrate it, it quite seriously taxed them physically to extend time on it using it fully. I asked if they could use it without poles, which they tried successfully but made them work even harder.
As indicated I'm not a pt professional, but it seems to really drive ski fitness specifically to very high levels while also combining balance, cadence and endurance.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've seen them at one or two well equipped gyms at places where people tend to work out after skiing. I've never seen anyone use them however: people use the standard gear instead. If you have to have a single machine I'd look at something like a Concept II.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@philwig, I’d agree. The machines above might well simulate the movements, but they can’t bring in the real forces involved, typically due to the real world and, I hazard, technique or its lack.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lot's of good advice in this thread. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=138408&highlight=
BOSU's are great für improving balance. It doesn't matter how fit/strong you are if you are constantly out of balance you will tire very quickly.

As for machines to get you fit that don't take up too much space then
Bowflex M5 or M7
Cardiostrong EX90+
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Get a mountain bike and use it lots! You'll be fit for skiing and have fun at the same time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy