Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SAALBACH????

Poster: A snowHead
Jones family ski trip just this now booked for 23rd Feb 2019. Super excited despite it being a fair few months away! Never been to the ski circus before, but love Austria (big fans of Solden). Whose going to tell me all about this place?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Search saalbach on here, go to the amazing thread on resort reviews for 18/19 (and the older ones), ask stuff and maybe get lots of advice from Tatmanstours... it's great by the way. snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The person for that would be @tatmanstours.

Worth your while having a look at the following threads: -

Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang - Fieberbrunn 2018/19 Official Unofficial Thread

and last years thread...

Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang - Fieberbrunn 2017/18 Official Unofficial Thread
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers, will do some searching!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is a good area for beginners, intermediates and early advanced.

Good trails and atmosphere.

Hinterglemm is the (slightly) better part.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Whitegold, FIFY

Quote:

It is a good area for beginners, intermediates and early advanced.

Good trails and atmosphere.

Hinterglemm is the (slightly) better part although I've never actually been there and would normally suggest Niseko or somewhere equally as irrelevant.

Toofy Grin NehNeh Twisted Evil Twisted Evil NehNeh Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Whitegold, still up to the brim with shite I see.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Right, I need the Guide from @tatmanstours.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Peterjones3 wrote:

It's the bible of S-H. Very Happy

He'll tell you of the fabled run 68... but I'll add that the runs down to Leogang are also absolutely gorgeous, well worth a turn over the top to go there. Oh, and if you go to the Chicken Man, book it! We missed out, it was the only downside of our S-H trip.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

@Peterjones3, PM me your email address, and your wish shall be granted Smile

Quote:

Hinterglemm is the (slightly) better part

Not in my opinion, and I've spent plenty of time in both, although much depends on one's subjective peferences and priorities.
Both are good places to stay, and, as taxis between them are cheap and easy to hail, and take about 5 mins (usually at warp speed), the facilities of both are available, whichever village you stay in. (During the day, the free ski buses run at 20 min intervals and are of course the way to get quickly from one end of the valley to the other, as well as between Saalbach and Hinterglemm). As always it pays to stay somewhere reasonably central, although those who don't care much about the village atmosphere and apres-ski may find Vorderglemm/Jausern or Hochalm to their liking.
In general people may develop an affinity for where they've stayed and rate it higher than somewhere they're less familiar with.
Hinterglemm will appeal to those who particularly appreciate the night skiing and fun park, those who don't mind a bigger, more sprawling village, and those who like the Goassstall, the Schwarzacher, Tanzhimmel/London Pub, the Glemmerkeller, etc.
Saalbach will appeal to those who like the arguably more attractive village, those who have discovered the unquestionable ski convenience of staying near the lifts at the top end of the village, those who like being centrally located in the Ski Circus, with easy and quick access to all the satellite villages, and to piste 68, and those who like the Bergeralm, the Spitzbub, the Hinterhag Alm, Burgi's, Bauers Schialm, Bobby's, Crazy Deer, Underbar, Oetzi Bar, Kuhstall, Castellos, Taverne, etc.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We are staying at the Berger. Are we best staring skis at the hotel or keeping at one of the the lift stations? which one is best for convenience? Happy to walk in morning, but on an evening what to ditch ASAP and have a beer!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Peterjones3 wrote:
We are staying at the Berger. Are we best staring skis at the hotel or keeping at one of the the lift stations? which one is best for convenience? Happy to walk in morning, but on an evening what to ditch ASAP and have a beer!

I hired my skis from following shop and then stored them there overnight. Just round the corner from the Bernkogelbahn or a short walk to the elevators taking you up to the nursery slope at the Turmlift. Only issue I had was when returning back on a ski bus or from the Scattberg lift, then I had to traipse through the village up the hill to the hire shop but this was not a great hardship

https://www.skiverleih-saalbach.net/ski-rental-saalbach

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 29-10-18 11:16; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Peterjones3 wrote:

Wouldn't panic.... you'll be up at the Bergeralm necking pints till after dark anyway! http://www.bergeralm.cc/
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Berger is in the middle of town , between the 3 possible lifts and 1 ski bus out of town. Perfect location opposite the back entrance to the Scattberg. Keep your skis for free in the hotel ski room , you can't miss it , it's the door next to the lap dancing club Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Chances are you'l be somewhere like the Bergeralm, the Hinterhag Alm or the Goassstall and it won't be convenient to drop off your skis - especially as you'll probably want them to ski down the short distance to the bottom. Even if you end up at Bauers, the Spitzbub, or Burgi's, which are at the bottom, you might as well just park your skis outside, like most other people, and then carry them the short distance back to the hotel afterwards. I would invest in a bike lock to guard against anyone accidentally or on purpose walking off with them, or with your poles. I never park my skis without locking them up.
snow report
+1 to Tatmans advice. We lock ours using little retracting cable locks. They won't stop a determined effort to nick your skis but will prevent an unintended mistake. We also pay the €15 or whatever insurance money when we rent them.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy