Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler or Banff GUys!!! ?

Poster: A snowHead
What's it to be for next Easter. Quotes for both and can't make up my mind. Need to reply to the soon and book the flights.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh what am I talking about- I know I'll have a great holiday, BUT will still come back and say it wasn't like Europe. Means I'll have to get my Europe fix earlier in the season, with hubby while kids are at school Smile Smile Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Talking to yourself Helen? Dear me. How late is Easter next year? Whistler can get a bit soft (ie rain) late season.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
One vote for Banff. You're within driving distance of Panorama/Kicking Horse and Yoho national park is just the most spectacular drive even if you never leave Rte 1.

Do take a look, if you can find it, at a book called 'The Spiral Tunnels and the Big Hill' aka, the reason British Columbia isn't American. Will post author as soon as I leave work and consult the reference shelf . ..

From what I've seen of El Nino/La Nina predictions, we get more of the same next year (no significant activity). The snow conditions should be roughly equal next year as they have been this season.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whistler.
Been to both. lake louise once, Whistler 3 times (and back for a significant 4th next year). Guess it depends what you want, but I prefer the all-round holiday experience of Whistler it's just a bit more together, better apres, with the small bonus that the skiing is outstanding. snowHead
Saying that I'd quite like to give kicking Horse a go.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Have had the same discussion with friends for next year - and we have picked Whistler. Thats based on it being the first time to Canada for a few of us - as both are fantastic - but Whistler is seen as more accessible than the transfers required at Banff to get on the slopes. Also the people who have been before to Whistler were very keen to go back, whereas the one person who had already been to Banff was keen to go somewhere else..
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whistler, Whistler, Whislter. Ok, i am biased, been going there for 10 years. Like the fact that once there you dont need a car to get to the slopes, and village is pedestrianised (spelling?!), Big tip - if you are taking chiildren, book their ski school in advance as it will be full!!! Hope that helps.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Whistler, no doubt about it. The skiing there is truly world class at all levels. The rest of the package is pretty good as well.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks guys, only the extra price is putting me off Whistler
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Easter is early next year...Easter Sunday 27th March 2005.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Thanks guys, only the extra price is putting me off Whistler

Yup, that's put me off Whistler as well - 2 weeks for us in Banff this March cost about £630 (accommodation & flight) whereas the equivalent in W seemed to be about a grand.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you're not going in a large group, or in peak season then there are usually some great last minute deals to Whistler.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Whistler, as it has more of everything and its all in the one location. If you can wait until the last minute, as Kramer said, there are deals to be had. But if you have to book ahead, shop around and don't exclude doing your own packaging.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Charles, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I see you're virtually a local for Whistler (unless my geography has failed again Sad )
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Charles, problem I have is Uk school holidays, flight tend to become very expensive if not booked well in advance.
snow report
DIY is an option. For cheap flights try www.flyzoom.com they are half the price of BA or Air Canada. For cheaper accomodation stay further out such as creekside. Transfers are cheap anyway.
snow conditions
Timetable up only until 31/10/04
snow report
My apologies. flight Glasgoww to Vancouver from 139 each way but Thurs only so can only go 7 or 14 nights, don;t think I can wangle that one.
ski holidays
Hmmm - thats not ideal!! 7 days isn't really enough, are they any better from Gatwick or Stansted?
latest report
Helen, try to get a KLM flight via Amsterdam, which you should be able to get via Newcastle. I went last year with them for significantly cheaper than BA or Air Canada, at very good times, early start from Edinburgh (6am) but we were in Vancouver at noon, after a pretty short layover in Amsterdam and we got the 1pm bus to Whistler so we were in the resort mid afternoon. Flight back was a 1pm or so departure, so no problem getting back down (until the bus broke down, but thats another story !!)
snow conditions
Actually, just cashed in a favour wioth bruv-in-law, and he can get really good flights with BA for mega good price. Can even upgrade to Workd Traveller. KLM wasn't cheaper when I checked yesterday. Next question ACCOMMODATION?
snow report
stuarth, can get GAtwick, but see above post
snow report
Decided to stop messing about and do something positive, so I rang bruv-in-law and got him to book flights to Vancouver-less than half the price I was quoted-a bargain.
ski holidays
Can he get a couple for me too? snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
Helen - what dates are you going?
We're organising a trip for after Easter - arriving April 9th - will you have already left by then?
latest report
[url=http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?
p=27207&highlight=joern+ferry#27207]Acommodation[/url]
latest report
Grrr

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=27207#27207

try this - phpBB doesn't like hash references in URLs when you do word like
latest report
Like this you mean?

I think phpBB objected to the attempt to highlight but I'm not sure...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is anyone going to dare going to Canada with flyzoom? I've just booked to Vancouver via Heathrow with Air Canada for 660 euros - which is not cheap but... well it was a lot cheaper than going direct from Heathrow - Brussels is my starting point.
ski holidays
Helen, for accommodation try the allura.com website. Self-catering aparts.s/condos. Very well equipped. Much cheaper than European equivalents
snow report
Hello, beetle Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

errrr - is beetle a girls name or a boys name?
snow conditions
I`m all man so to speak
ski holidays
It's always best to clarify these things - otherwise jonpim is likely to assume you're a lady and proposition you!
ski holidays
Alexandra - I think we're going to go for the Zoom airline and risk it. The price is so good it means we can afford to go to Whistler, but we haven't actually booked the flights yet...
snow report
mountain mad, be back in UK by then. Will be in Whistler from 20-29th March
snow report
Sorry, make that 20-31 March, found an extra couple of days from somewhere.
ski holidays
Oh well never mind. Will post again nearer the time and see if any snowheads are going to be around!
Can't wait - and with you going earlier you can fill me in on the up to date info! Laughing
ski holidays
You ladies can update me cause I shall be there in 2005 Christmas.

I would agree with some posters here that don't miss the chance to visit Vancouver. Had some friends there to show me around in 2002 the fasntastic place. I am hooked by the food there but the shopping should not disappoint any of you.

Skiing was equally good in Whistler/Blackcomb. As usual we stayed away from the resort at a place called Squamish by about half an hour drive to keep the cost down. Whistler has everything you want. It is claimed to be the biggest in North America so compare them with the ones you know in Europe.

There are at least three small resorts in Vancouvers too. Seen one but didn't ski in any of them.
ski holidays
Me, me, me. I will be there over Easter next sesaon (and hopefully January also). My own little mecca snowHead
snow conditions
Browsing aroung for accommodation, already decided not to go for Creekside, and have seen something nice in Village North (glacier's Reach) , how far to lifts etc?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy