Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sole length required.......

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
.....for Salomon X-Wave 9 boots in mondo size 27.5

Can anyone help?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
no, but it lets me have a rant about Salomon. What sort of mickey mouse company in theis day and age don't have a cutomer service email address in their web site? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My 'email poacher' software discovered.... user_protection@salomonsports.com / dn_tech@salomon-sports.com / dn_admin@salomon-sports.com somewhere on the site...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is the length not embossed somewhere on the side? If not that seems to be quite a radical departure from the norm for ski boot manufacturers.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I know this might sound a bit different, but how about taking a measuring tape to them? snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just in case you're buying the boots on Ebay, and have a set of skis currently in your basement, my 2002-03 reference lists the sole length as a (nominal) 325mm.

That's actually a bit long for an almost-race boot (27.5 Atomic 11.50 measures in at 317mm, the Solly Course/Pro at 314mm ).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well, not necessarily 27.5 centimetres. I always thought mondo sizes were exact, but when I swaped my size 25.0 Salomon boots for size 25.0 Rossignol the damn boots would not fit into my bindings. Turns out Salomon 25's are 25 cm but Rossi boots size 25 are size 25.5 cm boots with a smaller inner lining! (They don't tell you this in Snow and Rock. I was in resort when I found this out, although luckily not up a mountain via a gondola, unable to ski down!)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Err, maggi, you are describing a combination of three factors:

1) Liner half-sizing. This is quite common to most boot companies, a 25 and a 25.5 would have the same shell size. Salomon does this.

2) Different sole sizes for the same Mondo size by the same company. A Salomon Course in 25.0 might have a 292mm sole and a Salomon Performa PP (25.0) have a 306mm.

3) Different lasts for the same foot size from different manufacturers. This actually influences #2, above.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ise, You're dead right about the Salomon web site. How difficult is it in this day & age to put a page on detailing the full technical spec & a hotline number?

I'm in the process of changing boots. When I bought my current size 28 X-Wave 8's I had a reasonable amount (20mm) of room behind my heel when doing the shell test. As I was returning to skiing after many years I was happy with this, preferring a little more comfort while trying to figure out those funny carver skis Puzzled

Since then my skiing has improved considerably. As my 14st + frame wearing medium gauge socks is now working my boots a lot harder I've started to get numbness & a little pain in the outside of my right foot (which is slightly smaller than my left).

My newly found boot guru (Andy at Ellis Brigham, Castleford) reckoned that as the generously proportioned boot/liner was now well bedded in, that my foot was spreading & not fully supported. He fitted footbeds & this cured the problem straight away but I can now feel my feet moving slightly forward & backwards in the boots as they no longer spread to fill the boots.

To get better feel/control I'm therefore dropping down a size, trimming my footbeds & swapping to thin socks etc. At the same time I thought I'd move up to the slightly stiffer X-Wave 9's as after Warren Smith's ankle flex exercises I can very easliy flex the 8's.

It's also a good time to change as boots are never cheaper than now & as I'm off to do Warren's class at Saas Fee in July I wanted a bit of time to bed them in.

Unfortunately EB's didn't have the size required so they're sending a pair from another store. In the meantime I thought I'd alter my bindings length but forgot to ask the length.

Hence my post.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy