Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowBase - resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As many of u are no doubt aware, phase 1 of the new resorts database is now available for use. Find it under the "snowBase" menu above or directly at snowBase - resorts

This phase is simply designed to build, by collaboration, a list of resort names, their websites and the e-mail addresses of their tourist offices.
By clicking on a resort name the snowHeads forums are searched for any referance to that resort.

I've seen it written that there are roughly 6000 ski resorts worldwide - I suspect that figure goes about as far as to include our 'seriously in need of a de-frost' fridge! But, I am aware of a site which contains basic details for roughly 2000 places to ski and one or two others that manage something in the region of 1000.
I expect that, between us, we can think of quite an extensive list - possibly the most extensive list Wink

Primarily, this phase should be useful as first port of call for anyone seeking info on, or contact with, a specific resort.

So... go enter in your favourite resort (if it's not in there already) or maybe add the rarest one you know.

Please report any bugs or 'awkward idiosyncrasies' within this phase to me either by PM or through the Suggestions/requests forum.

The second phase of 'snowBase - resorts' is currently being designed: it will centre around the resort details page, suggestions re. future functionality/design are greatly welcomed via these same channels.

Enjoy...

U.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 11-09-04 11:35; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How's it going with phase 2, U? Wink

A quick postscript for users - resorts opening and closing dates (mainly France at moment, but more on way) have been added at http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=2356 ... until they can be incorporated in the main resorts database....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

The second phase of 'snowBase - resorts' is currently being designed: it will centre around the resort details page, an early version of which u can see by clicking on the resort name in snowBase - thus far the page is non-functional and comments/ suggestions re. future functionality/design are greatly welcomed via these same channels.
Right now, that's not the way it is working. Clicking the resort name runs a search for all references to it in our postings. So you cannot review Phase 2 at present.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy