Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis for long lazy turns

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good morning. My skis are wearing out. The ski shop is reluctant to service some of them. I would like to buy some new ones in the sales now on. I ski on piste in varying conditions - nice creamy stuff, hard pack, ice, slush, chopped up new snow, and sometimes layers of fresh snow, but seldom is it light and powdery. I also ski unpisted itineraries. But I don't ski off-piste powder. I have no ambition to improve my skiing or adapt my technique. So if you ski differently from me, I will probably be impressed, but I don't want your advice on changing my style. On piste, I like to ski long carving turns - when the piste is wide enough, and I like to ski fast. Where space is restricted I keep my turns short and tight. I have four pairs of skis. My guests use them. With the guests, the Salomon Aeromax (2010) are the most popular. But I don't like them - too soft. The Race Tigers (2007) I can hardly remember - but I found them slow and heavy. My grandsons usually ski on them these days. The Atomic Nomads Radon Ti (2015) I find a bit stiff. I ski mostly on Salomon Lords 177 (2010). They do more or less what I want, but they are a bit too light for the cruddy days. So I am looking for recommendations for something more responsive than the Nomads and stiffer than the Lords. Something that gives a fast smooth ride. Long radius preferred. Any suggestions?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Elan wingman’s if you want all mountain.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Elan wingman’s if you want all mountain.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you. Have you skied on them? I followed up reading your post by looking at some video reviews. Rickety ski reviews said they were 'limited' to a fixed turn radius. Proskilab say the opposite. Do you have an opinion on the Ripstick?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I ski mostly on Salomon Lords 177 (2010). They do more or less what I want, but they are a bit too light for the cruddy days. So I am looking for recommendations for something more responsive than the Nomads and stiffer than the Lords. Something that gives a fast smooth ride. Long radius preferred. Any suggestions?

Blizzard Brahma, or one of the narrower Enforcer models from Nordica. Particularly the latter are like a Cadillac. Smooooth and damp but not demanding.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
planeurge wrote:
Thank you. Have you skied on them? I followed up reading your post by looking at some video reviews. Rickety ski reviews said they were 'limited' to a fixed turn radius. Proskilab say the opposite. Do you have an opinion on the Ripstick?

Yes, the wingman CTi not the ripstick - i have the 82CTi in a 184 length. Dovetails with a 95Ti Atomic Maverick. Its a very nice ski.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks to both my respondents.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@planeurge, note that unless you've updated the bindings on the skis you've listed then if any of your guests turn up with new boots, which now all have GripWalk soles, then they're not compatible with any of your existing bindings.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@spyderjon, Thanks. I was wondering what that was all about.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy