Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How many ski boots have replaceable heels these days ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just collected the new Snow and Rock catalogue.

I am trying to work out what would interest me when they have a sale.

I have a nice pair of Salomons, so I do not need new boots - but I could be tempted if the price was right.

Technica (shame about the hideous orange colour) and Salomon would be the first choice - but it is difficult to tell from the catalogue if you can replace the heels.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Latchigo, Not quite sure what you want to do here:

Do you want to
a) be able to replace the entire boot heelpiece including the top surface where a binding heelpiece would lock in against it (possibly for some canting application)

b) replace the bottom surface due to wear from heel strike during walking?

If a) I don't think Salomon can help you/ Atomic might.

If b) Salomon has 2 designs to alleviate wear, (i) a flat adhered rubber pad and (ii) a Walkadin sole or modified (i), basically a pad designed to lock into the boot and provide a bit of shock absorption.

My sources list pads available on:
XWave models - heel only
Course XR (Japan) - heel only
Ellipse models- heel and toe
Performa models- heel and toe
Verse, symbio and e2 models- heel and toe
Some Junior models heel only, rest heel and toe

Of those, Walkadin on:

Ellipse 10, 10W
Ellipse 9, 9W
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
From your comment about Tecnica's orange colour, I take it you'd be interested in the top models like the Diablo series. The bottom (grip side) of AVS heels is replaceable (once again due to walking wear, not for fancy canting) so :

Diablo Magnesium
Diablo Fire
Diablo Flame/ Flame L
Rival RX, X10, X8, X7 and the Lady versions of those.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
All of the above, of course, supposing that you're striving for a minimalist elegance and prefer not to deal with aftermarket boot sole protection like Seirus Cat Tracks.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The answer is :-

b) replace the bottom surface due to wear from heel strike during walking.

I had Kofflach boots with replaceable heels, but when they wore down Kofflach retailers were thin on the ground so I did not bother.

My current Salomons have had the heels replaced. It was quite cheap too.

Tecnica's would definitely be of interest, though I would be thinking end of season sale- not full price.

As a general comment, it just surprises me the number of expensive boots without heel replacement facilities.

I mentioned it to my boot technician. His comment was 'It's a throwaway society'.

I could not be bothered with all the faffing involved in putting on heel protectors.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Latchigo, have you considered touring boots yet?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy