Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowHeads skiTest

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Using Alex Presland's birthday as an excuse, snowHeads gathered at Milton Keynes Xscape centre to test out a fantastic range of skis generously provided by Ellis Brigham for the night...

I personally tried the New Volkl Karma and (at WTFH's insistence) the Seth Pistols... most wikid indeed Wink
More later.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 26-09-04 11:50; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Glad to hear you made it home.
I thought the Head XRCs were great
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wear The Fox Hat, Why were they great, I only ask as they might be on my list, though if I can get them (which is uncertain) I'd probably prefer their GS race ski
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DGO,
Here's what I wrote on Epic...
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=18918
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tried 4 different skis, here's a swift run-down on how they fared. I'm no expert so all these views are purely subjective. Difficult to assess any ski properly on a 170m run, but here goes anyway.

Head iC-160 SRF 2 (170)
First skis tried, recommended by the nice man from Ellis Brigham. Didn't get on with these at all, despite having fresh, untired legs. Gave them an hour - the longest I spent on any of my 4 choices of ski - to see if I could get used to them, but to no avail. They seemed reluctant to turn or run smoothly at all, prefering instead to wave rapidly at the people on the lifts. I thought these skis were supposed to have some sort of intelligent damping thing in them, well if that's true then the intelligence had gone down the bar leaving me with a couple of leaf springs to ski on. I tried hammering them hard (not easy on such a small slope) to get them to stiffen up but I think their mother must have been in the viewing gallery judging from the amount of flappy waving that went on. Not impressed but not surprised either, I've had little joy from other Head skis I've tried.

Atomic M9 Puls (171)
An immediate and vast improvement over the Heads I'd just handed back. They were very stable, partly thanks to their sheer weight. These skis did everything I asked them to, but not in an overly exciting way. I'd have liked to have spent more time with these, preferably on a mountain getting to know them better as I'm sure they were capable of delivering more thrills than I experienced.

Rossignol Bandit B1 (176)
I skied on a pair of these in Canada in January and absolutely loved them, so tried them here more as a reference ski than to assess them. These were longer than ideal, both for me and for the small slope - the 170s I would have preferred were already in use - but even so I was immediately at home with them. They were almost instinctively responsive; perhaps they had stolen the "intelligence" from the Head skis! Twisted Evil

Volkl Supersport 5-stars (161)
Everyone was talking about these so I had to have a blast on them for the last 20 minutes or so, and deliberately chose the shortest available. Wow! How much fun can you pack into a pair of skis? Give these a go and find out. An absolute corker of a ski! Having said that, they are hard work - you get out of them what you put in.

The Rossi B1s would probably be my choice if I were buying - and I may well be doing just that before the year is out. The Volkls were more exciting but I don't think my current levels of skill and fitness would do them justice.

Huge thanks to Ellis Brigham for a superb range of skis, to U for arranging it and to all the other snowHeads who were there for a fun evening snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy