Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meet.... Neve and Gliz

Poster: A snowHead

Revealed today, with exactly 500 days to go, as the official mascots to the Turin 2006 Winter Olympics! In case it's not obvious, Neve is a girl snowball, and Gliz a boy ice cube...
Quote:
Complementary characters

Neve and Gliz are complementary characters: they represent the two elements without which the Olympic Winter Games cannot take place: snow and ice; and they personify the essence of winter sports: the harmony and elegance of the movements made in sport (with the fluid and rounded shapes of Neve) and the power and strength of the athletes (the angular and smooth shapes of Gliz).

New generation

The two mascots are the symbol of a new generation, full of energy that loves and lives sport and the positive challenges of life.

More details on the official Olympics site

Comments??
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My daughter could have done that for them at half the price and twice as quick. Puzzled
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They look like something from an episode of Doctor Who from the 1970's
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Absolute Rubbish,
Looks like something akin to the teletubbies
and I thought the Italians were into top design.
And why are her skis attached to her bum? and he's got Cherie Blair's mouth!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm intrigued by the respective leg shapes. Neve seems to be into ten-pin (or two-pin) bowling, anatomically.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 28-09-04 13:37; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Not exactly complimentary to the fairer sex....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm amazed that they had not sorted out the mascots earlier. After all, you could buy Turin 2006 Olympics merchandise in March this year at Geneva airport.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i like them! theyre cute and happy!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do you think we (ok U) could sue? I mean snowballhead sounds derivative Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nadenoodlee. They're also sexual stereotypes which will invite amusing spoofs such as 'Gliz holds hands with Gliz', and a gay purple Gleve or Niz.

Are Neve and Gliz a backlash against the assexual Teletubbies? I know the I.O.C. have run into a few problems with transexual athletes, but there must be a way of designing Olympic mascots which do not invite ridicule and mirth.

That's assuming that the I.O.C. are consulted about the host nation's mascots.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cant we just assume theyre friends? David Goldsmith, im sure gay people hold hands with members of the opposite sex at some stage of their lives surely?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes, but isn't it a bit 1950s for boys to dress in blue, and girls to dress in red?(admittedly they've avoided a revolting pink)
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

More details on the official Olympics site

Did you click of the "Photo Gallery" at the bottom to "discover all the photos"?

All = one, in fact Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Goldsmith, 1950's are in fashion again
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nadenoodlee, you've made my day. Born in 1953, and so cute in my blue babygrow.
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, I wore pink as a baby - thats what girls wear! My brother wore blue - that what boys wear! I wish everyone would stop trying to dress their babies like mini action men in greys and khaki, you cant tell whether theyre boys or girls!
ski holidays
This report from the Detroit News has a photo of the fancy dress versions of Neve and Gliz, revealing the stunningly original design, as the puppets performed during their presentation in Rome, Tuesday, hopping onto the stage, dancing and kissing guests.

Apparently we have Pedro Albuquerque of Portugal to thank for the design of the olympic mascots. He claimed that they were “meant to represent Olympic values like friendship, fair play and the spirit of competition.” Obvious, innit.
snow report
I think they look fun !
snow report
I too think they're OK. Maybe they ran a competition for school kids or something. At least they look happy.
latest report
Sure, they're fun-looking. But do a couple of smiling snowballs/ice cubes really "personify harmony and elegance, power and strength, friendship, fair play and the spirit of competition"...?

It's just the hype I thought was a bit ott...
snow report
Obviously, they're both snow heads so I think we should welcome them as honorary snowHeads! + = snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy