Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Change of heart by Crystal?

Poster: A snowHead
Now booking online for 2005-appear to be offering Montgenevre and Serre Chevalier from Turin again. Maybe those of you who had difficulties talked about on the other place would like to know.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes. I was wondering the outcome of the Montgenevre transfer debate from the other side. It was my friends who had the seven hour transfer at Christmas, with a bus driver who didnt know where he was going and a non existant rep.

Have to admit though, that they recieved a letter in reply to their complaint from Crystal........ Which stated that they would get a proper response within 28 days. As far as I know they are still waiting.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good news. Can't remember the transfer time to Serre Che from Turin but it was pretty short and normally a nice ride. For those who've not done it, this is a much better option for these 2 resorts and Risoul. Lots of tunnels then up past Sestriere to Montgenevre almost on the top of the pass. Then down again to Briancon and then the Serre Che villages.
Should also ease the load on little Chambery airport to better deal with the resorts it is well placed for.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When did Crystal do Serre Che. from Chambery? The Lauteret pass is frequently closed in the winter.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They closed the Col du Lauteret just after we came back from Serre Che in Jan. You should've seen the height of the snowbank along the roadside!!

kuwait ian - the transfer time should be under 2 hours.

Incidentally, the region (no snow since end of Jan) is expecting a 3 day dump in the next couple of days. Glorious conditions for anyone looking to get out there in the next couple of weeks.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've never gone ther via Chambery or Grenoble, only Turin. Anyone know what the journey is like (by hire car) from Nice, as Easyjet are starting a flight to there from Newcastle?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen, don't even think of it. I've driven from Cannes to Bourg St Maurice, which on a direct route takes you through Serre Chevalier. This was in august and it took nearly 10 hours, I lost count of the mountain passes over 2600 metres that I went over. All of which are bound to be closed in winter. I only did it because I was fed up of driving on autoroutes and the Route Napolean. I won't make that mistake again but I did see a lot of ski-stations I'd never heard of previously.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Crystal this year (as part of TUI which now has a major stake in Chambery airport) started sending all customers for French ski resorts to Chambery (as far as I know). So my friends, although quoted a 2 hour transfer to Montgenevre, had to put up with 7 hours on the way out 5 and a half on the way back. And they were lucky, as there was a major landslide blocking the road soon after.

This transfer to Montgenevre was a big thread on that other place. Unfortunately we've all been cut off.

wonder if anyone (Ian) can check out whats happening. The thread title involved Chalet Ours Blanc.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
you must be joking martyn , no threads moving at the other place
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Only wondering about Nice because we have a flight from Newxaslte from May, currently go to stansted for Turin. As it takes us 4 hours there and then 1.5-2hrs from turin I thought it might be worth it.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
not expecting new stuff over there Bend, but perhaps a few names and vital details (I was away on hols when it all went kaputt) from the old thread.

Some poor souls were about to repeat the experience.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Is this link any use to you martyn?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I am sorry Alan. But that takes me back to the other place. Which like a summer rose, just needs my sweet love, to feed all the pain.

I struggled to even look at it. Yet couldnt logon.

Maybe one day in the future we can be more than friends. Doing everything for two, being everything with you.

I just dont know what to do with myself.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Martyn, or anyone else who wants to look at the old Ski Club thread, I'm prepared to copy it to somewhere more public, let me know if you do want to see it.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just watch yourself with any copyright issues Pete - I assume "somewhere more public" is not this forum?
ski holidays
No, not this forum, my own site, linked from here & nowhere else. I'm wary, that's why I won't do it unless someone asks. There again, the posts were probably made by SCGB registered users who now cannot see their own work. We know this is a can of worms. Confused
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy