Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skiing exercise machine

Poster: A snowHead
As I'm now either in the gym or on my bikre every day I thought it would be good to get fit ski-wise as well as just all round. Therefore reducing the aches and pains whilst actually skiing. Does anyone know of the best machines to use in the gym?

I've found this en.billkros.com/oferta/smig/smig.html but have never seen one in a gym!

Cheers

Jack
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cross Trainer
Rowing Machine
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
laundryman, snap, must start using the thing again
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Does anyone know of the best machines to use in the gym?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
First principle: there is no such thing as too much core strength.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
comprex, until your spine folds in half wink

Don't forget to maintain and work to increase flexibility at the same time as you're building muscle strength. You may well be fit and strong but if you're inflexible your technique will suffer and you will injure yourself in the simplest of little falls.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I want to reduce the pain in my lower legs and the best thing I've found is the Vibroplate. Doing calf extensions but I'd like to get my hands on a proper skiing machine if they are any good. I wonder if anyone has used one and found them to be an advantage or a waste of time?

I've been away for four weeks this year and found that by the middle of week 3, I was nowhere near as fatigue3d as at the start. Would be nice to be up to that level in week 1.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jumping Jack Flash wrote:
pain in my lower legs
Puzzled
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jumping Jack Flash, yep, I have a Skier's Edge, and it's brilliant.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
comprex, From tiredness I guess. I know there is always some pain but I think I can reduce it with the right exercises.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
How much roughly does the Skier's Edge cost?

There's nothing on pricing on their website from what I can see.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jumping Jack Flash, having never experienced anything like it, from fatigue rather than other causes that is, I think I was looking for a better description of the trouble?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
roga, I think about £900 - but given that Graham Bell has been known to post here occasionally - ? worth negotiating a discount? Certainly all the details are in the catalogue they send you, and they were very helpful on phone and e-mail
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
roga, I paid £2k, give or take - one of the top models with the flash computer, tilting footpads, etc. That was after a bit of a discount - can't remember how I qualified for that.
ski holidays
laundryman, do you use it with your skiboots?
snow report
comprex, nope, but ISTR they have bindings on their model at Profeet.
snow report
Thanks for the details of pricing - will have to get hold of a catalogue Smile
snow report
I find the most essential accessory is a TV with DVD player.
snow conditions
stoatsbrother, how long do you use one for?
snow conditions
comprex wrote:
Jumping Jack Flash, having never experienced anything like it, from fatigue rather than other causes that is, I think I was looking for a better description of the trouble?
Sorry, thought you were taking the Michael there! Sarcasm is always difficult to detect on the internet!

Seriously though, the pain is more like a general cramping feeling in my calves followed by burning in the thighs (this I fear is due to too much weight above them! (I'm working on that at the moment!). I suppose both are related to weight i.e the greater it is the more effort is required to stop/turn etc. My leg muscles are quite big so I would like to do some exercises that will maximise this feature.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy