Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gilley in France....Anyone been?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There was a good report on page 25 of the Sunday Times this week on the "resort" of Gilley in France.Here's the report.

I loved his last comment about his small enterprise in relation to the Alps "Compared with those great mountains, we're just a tiny piece of confetti"
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm not subscribed to that personally, do you mean the Gilley in the Jura/Franche Comte ? I can't imagine why you'd bother, it's just up the road from me and I've not been. There's any number of small stations in the Jura or the other direction in the pre-alpes. OTOH if the ST pay me by the word I'll pop over and write them up, it'll be better than the articles on Val D"Isere they normally run.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I used to drive to the Portes de Soleil via the north of Lac Leman, it's a very quick route and as you go through the Departement of Daubs just north of Switzerland you see lots of little ski fields alongside the road, the N59 which runs from Pontarlier to the Swiss border. I've never seen anyone on them, in fact I've never seen a lift running although all the towers are there. I think this place soun as if it's in that area.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy