Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Castleford Sat 15th May?

Poster: A snowHead
Crikey - according to the AA it's a 3.5 hour drive from here! Shock If Marc's full up, does anyone know of cheap hotels ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Who's the designated non-skier? Does that mean snowboarder cause all the ones I know drink pretty heavily...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
marc gledhill, that's why it's better if you put a bit of text rather than the full web address. You know I like things to be neat Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tony Ellwood, I know of plenty of cheap hotels, but none near Castleford.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not a lot of use then - unless you're offering to act as chauffeur ! Razz
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OK, nearest hotel, according to Autoroute 2001, is the Parkside
Park Road
Pontefract
WF8 4
England
Tel: +44 1977-701602

There's also a Travel Lodge, Travel Inn, Holiday Inn, etc withing about 5 miles.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm open to negotiation regarding a taxi service snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How much for a return from Aylesbury?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Depends on what size vehicle Sir requires Wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sommut big enough for me and the whippets (if I'm going ooop narf, I need to have the right gear with me)
Alternatively, something that has room for me and a pair of skis.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What time are we thinking of skiing. Morning, afternoon or evening?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Elizabeth B, I reckon if we aim to ski around 12, that would give people time to get there, and yet still gives time if any want to shop, etc afterwards, or just chill in a bar after lunch. (I'm thining ski 12-1, have lunch afterwards)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'd assumed that we were thinking evening....but afternoon would probably be better.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
May well be up for some of that; maybe we could get the ski shop there (Ellis Brigham?) to lend us a few demo modelas and have a guy at the bottom to reset bindings, then we can have our own mini ski-test day?
ski holidays
Mountain Mad

I'd like to book two places (me & Deb) for Castleford on the 15th May.

Who, how & when do I pay?

Jon
snow report
Elizabeth B, whatever, I'm fairly easy on it.
Just thinking if some are driving up from London village, or similar location, and planning to drive back the same day.
snow conditions
Had slipped my mind that the date clashes with the rugby league challenge cup final. It looks like it might be Wigan v. Saints so I'm very very torn at the moment...
snow conditions
nbt, Wigan are having a shocker at the minute - what was losing to Huddersfield all about? Warrington are my tip to get thru to the final.......

I'm sure there will be plenty of places round Cas showing the final - ski 12 til 1, then lunch, then settle down to watch the game somewhere. Sounds like the perfect afternoon to me..... Smile
snow conditions
Not a bad idea. I'll see what Mrs NBT thinks.

Might also drop Ian H a line to see about sharing a car over - being green and all that

having said that I'm also adding up despreately to see if we can get PG's apartment for a last week in Les Arcs....
latest report
Hi all snowHead
Been away from pc access for a while - but am back now!

So have printed the thread out and by my reckoning we have 7 definites and 6 possibles.
Can you let me know if anyones changed their mind either way by Thursday morning (last date by which to book in advance for a group of 10 and get 20% discount) Laughing

1. Mountain Mad
2. Marc Gledhill
3. MarkP
4. Wear the Fox Hat
5. Waist Deep In Powder
6. Spyderjon
7. Spyderjon's missus Deb

? Elizabeth B
? NBT
? Richard Goodliffe
? Ian Hopkinson
? Sharon Hopkinson
? Peter B (and Beanie watching!)

12-2 looks like a good time - and would cost £30 (or £24 if we can get some more definites rolling eyes )

Then find somewhere to have a drink!!!
(Although I'll have to drive and stick to orange juice Sad )
latest report
mountain mad, Mr & Mrs H are in VT at the moment....
snow report
mountain mad,

Me wife and I would like to join in but I have been put on standby to go to Tehran since end of March. We would come if I am not shipped out of the country. How does this square with you? I rate a 50:50 chance making it. I can commit the 2x£24 now on the provisio that you can get others to fill my two places should I be absent from the country, otherwise I would rather pay 2x£30 on the day as the normal visitors at the gate and save the money if I am in Tehran.

Leeds is under 2-hour drive from Newcastle so it is just an easy day trip for me.
snow conditions
I'm still in. Does anyone know if the EB there have any demo skis you can use for free?
snow report
They do - but it's worth calling to make sure they have the models you want.

If you call, see if you can get some 1080s in 161 and 171 and x-screams in 165 and 1765, please? ta! Smile
ski holidays
Tried some 181 1080's on holiday recently in knee deep powder, and they were amazing. However short turns on piste were a no no. It was either my technique (poor I'm sure) or the saw tooth, end of season, I'v kissed a lot of rocks tune they had.
The latter I'm sure.... Wink
Not sure if they're entirely appropriate for Castleford though.
ski holidays
tried 171 1080's (on concussion chutes and some 165 X-screams on Dancer and various bits of lizard bowl - I think (no pics). I found they were quote nice. I'm thinking of going shorter to aid with manouevrability as I'm not one for tearing around at full speed.
latest report
mountain mad, I'm skiing and beanie will be watching (angry and frustrated). See you there
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi all
As I haven't managed to get 10 definites I won't be doing the advance booking for 10 today
Have spoken to the guys at Xscape and its not necessary to book in advance - should be able to turn up and go for it. (£20 for 1 hour or £30 for 2)

Will be in touch nearer the date about actually finding each other as I don't think the snowheads hats will be ready!!!!

[Should be a good laugh but struggling to get too excited as I'm going to the real thing on Saturday!!!!]
snow report
mountain mad, on the maths thing - if u have 8 definites it's worth booking the 10 as 20% off brings it back to the same price anyway.

Just trying to be helpfull.
snow report
cheers admin!
bit nervous about paying upfront £280 though so i think its best that we just meet up and pay independently!!!
ski holidays
I've had a personal e-mail from jc who has just joined saying he'll see us at Castleford. We met him and his good lady in Courchevel when beanie did her knee. Do you want me to e-mail him to get him to post here that he and his other 'alf will be coming so you can include them.
JC, if you read this, confirm that you're going.
(beanie says hello)
snow conditions
Peter B

Deb & I are already included in Mountain Mad's list above.

We're looking forward to seeing you & Beanie again - isn't it your round?

Jon
latest report
spyderjon, No arguments with that. Beanie had so many toffee vodkas in Courchevel, it would be rude not to continue. Say hi to Deb from us.
snow report
Hi there.....I'm a definite - but was a way last week, so have only just seen this post.
ski holidays
Castleford is very close to Leeds (trust me i live there!).

Its about 15 min drive along M62 to be exact, which is easily accesible from Leeds.

If i was you i would get accom in leeds, and drive to xscape from there. that way you get to go out in a great city for boozing, and then hop in the car and go to xscape the next day.

Also a very good factory outlet right next to Xscape (Freeport), it has loads of great shops for getting some good bargains!

The complex itself has a cinema, ice climbing wall (biggest indoor one in country apparently), few bars and shops. I woudnt spend too much time there, and neither would i go to Castleford if i hadf the choice to go drinking.

All in all, great location, but definitely worth staying in leeds and driving there to make it a more fun filled weekend.

any more questions, please ask.
snow conditions
Hi Madge, still intending to come - were away on real snow last week!
ski holidays
Mr H, fancy beeing green and sharing a car over if I can persuade Mrs NBT to come / afford to pay for it?
snow report
Ian/Elizabeth - glad you're still around for the meet up. (p.s. just need to add this as well - but I was on the real stuff last week also!!!! Laughing )
A bit easier to sort out now - in that you just need to turn up at the appropriate time (12 or before) and get yourselves onto the slopes.

Question is - will the snowheads hats be available or will we need to wear red carnations!!!!!
latest report
I doubt the hats will be available (admin?), but spyderjon has offered to wear his goggles for the nottingham meet up - maybe he'll repeat the offer for Castleford??
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy