Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Espace Killy

Poster: A snowHead
Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
click for full res imageMore of the white stuff, looking SE up the Tarentaise from Bourg St Maurice as the skies cleared an hour ago....

Click on the pic for the full size image...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was up at Tignes over the w/e. Glacier was open and skiing good, though needed to skirt around a few rocks in places where the wind had blown the snow away. Possible to ski down to Val Claret via Double M - a bit icy in places during the afternoon, and plenty of losses stones on the lower sections.

The Lanches chair and funicular were both running. Le Tichot chair opened up on Sunday, but Bollin never got running. Saturday was a beautiful sunnyday, Sunday was sunny spells. There was light snow overnigh on Sunday, and it was snowing a little harder as I left on Monday.

Hardly the hoped for opening of the Espace Killy, and no reductions for limited opening, but a great weekend all the same. Now, where to go for Christmas / New Year? Anywhere with more snow than Cardiff methinks!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tignes website recons opening date for Espace Killy has been delayed "until further notice". Are they not aware of the same weather conditions in les Boisses as we are????? Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Manada, night still not be enough depth of snow to pack down, PGs weather report this AM showed 50 KPH winds, that'll be enough to blow some snow around so it may not end up where we want it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The latest snowfall isn't enough, as yet. It's the same in other resorts that had planned on early opening - the likes of Serre Che (see separate thread), even a couple in the Pyrenees.

The 'good' news is that there is more snow forecast above 2000m Thursday and Saturday..... don't know how much.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Plenty of hot air around as well.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks like France got all the snow and Switzerland missed out Sad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG wrote:
The latest snowfall isn't enough, as yet. It's the same in other resorts that had planned on early opening - the likes of Serre Che (see separate thread), even a couple in the Pyrenees.

PG, any idea how La Plagne is looking for their full opening around 18th/19th Dec?? (i'm going on the 22nd)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's definitely still snowing on the Val d'Isere website. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Charlatanefc, nearly three weeks to go, plenty of time!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PG wrote:
Charlatanefc, nearly three weeks to go, plenty of time!
I hope so. Three weeks time exactly, and I will be up in the air on Sleazyjet Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Three days for me NehNeh
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PG,
Quote:

'good' news is that there is more snow forecast above 2000m Thursday and Saturday

It's Thursday. Is it snowing yet????????? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That was the forecast then (two days ago).

Right now? Just occasionally a tiny fluffy white cloud zooms past, heading NE. About the only good news Ican give you at the moment is that it's still pretty cold!
snow report
Quote:

it's still pretty cold
. Same here. Sigh. rolling eyes
snow conditions
maggi wrote:
Three days for me NehNeh

Nobody likes a show-off NehNeh
latest report
Yeah, well, you'll have the last laugh if there's no more snow, 3/4 of the lifts are closed because of the wind and I have to spend most my time in the bar Shocked
latest report
maggi, Could be worse the bar could be closed as well Shocked
latest report
snow report
PG wrote:
That was the forecast then (two days ago).
Right now? Just occasionally a tiny fluffy white cloud zooms past, heading NE. About the only good news Ican give you at the moment is that it's still pretty cold!

Well, it was cold...... yesterday. Shocked Confused Skullie Sad
snow report
Val d'Isère Tourist Office report this morning.....

Depth of snow at top: 60 cm
Depth of snow at resort level: 60 cm

OPEN
lifts: 17/50
slopes: 15/72
greens: 5/21
blues: 7/27
reds: 2/18
blacks: 1/6

Temperature at top: -5 °C
wind direction: south-west 50/60 km/h
Temperature resort: 3 °C
wind direction: south-west: 10/20 km/h
Isotherm: 2200m
ski holidays
And this from Tignes, where Espace Killy is "open" every day from 9 a.m to 4.15 p.m.:

Snow depth at top: 70 cms
Snow depth resort: 20 cms

OPEN
Lifts: 33/97
Slopes: 40/129
Greens: 9/20
Blues: 21/59
Reds: 7/36
Blacks: 3/14

NORDIC DOMAIN
No. of kilometres: 4 / 5 km, prepared snow
-
Temperature altitude: -7.0°C wind north-west 50 kmh
Temperature resort: -3.0°C wind north-west 20 kmh

Isotherm: 2000m
snow conditions
And now?????

Has the snow cover improved? Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled

Have been making myself sick with worry!!!!!
(literally - have sore throat & temperature. Could have more to do work&exam stress tho....)
snow report
manda, sorry not good news still warm and no snow forecast until this weekend. It'll probably arrive just in time for the Premeire Neige.
ski holidays
Tignes? Little change, 4 more pistes open, that's all:

Cover at 2800m: 19cms
Temperature 2800m: -1°C
Wind: 10 kmh
Cover at 3500m: 70cms
Temperature 3500m: -3°C
Wind: 40 kmh
Last snowfall: 30/11 25 cms
Avalanche risk: 3/5
Weather: sunny periods
Forecast: sunny periods

Domain 40% open
Lifts: 38/97
Pistes: 44/129
Greens: 11/20
Blues: 21/59
Reds: 9/36
Blacks: 3/14
snow conditions
Val d’Isère

snow depth 1850m: 37 cms
temp: 3°C
wind: 10/40 kph
snow depth 3500m: 37 cms
temp: -1°C
wind: 20/50 kph

last snowfall 30/11 50 cms
Return to resort on skis: impossible

Weather today/tomorrow: sunny periods

Domain 35% open
Lifts: 17/50
Pistes: 21/72
Greens: 9/21
Blues: 9/27
Reds: 2/18
Blacks:1/6
ski holidays
I had the dilemma of whether to book to go to Val d'Isere or not next week. In the end I decided to go ahead, because if I didn't then all that I would do is sit at home moping. There will be some skiing, and with a bit of luck it may snow whilst I'm out there, if it doesn't I'll still have fun. NehNeh
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kramer, we'll probably see you there, it looks as if a few of us will be driving over from La Rosiere.
snow report
I'll enjoy it even if all we do it blat up and down Genopy, Diebold, and Verte.
ski holidays
PG, bollox. In relation to the snow conditions obviously, not you!

Bollox bollox bollox.

Still. It's better than then 1.5 runs open at the same time last year in Courchevel.....
snow report
Quote:

Still. It's better than then 1.5 runs open at the same time last year in Courchevel

I agree, last year was just the same Courchevel 1650 was green till just before xmas
latest report
Manda, when and where are you going? I'm off to Val d'Isere on Sunday, I was there this time last year, when conditions were similar and it's not as bad as you think. There won't be loads of off piste, and not so many black runs open, but there will be plenty of skiing to be had, and it will hopefully snow whilst we're out there. Smile
latest report
Kramer, this Sunday too - Gatwick to Tignes (it's a SCGB trip. Am I allowed to mention that here?) Will no doubt meet you in a queue at some point during the week. I'll be the only New Zealander in resort who's NOT working there.

Frosty the Snowman, I hear ya. Learned my lesson - go as high as possible for sneaky "pre" season trips!!
snow report
Val d'Isère front de neigeReally didn't look that bad in Val this morning, despite some overnight rain. This photo taken from the "Front de neige" mid-morning. Blowing a gale (easterly), felt pretty cold....

Some more photos here http://alpesprovence.net/racer-ready/album2.html
ski holidays
Manda, will you be serving beer anyway? wink
snow report
Manda, did you ever get your transport to Gatwick sorted out? What time are you flying out to geneva?
snow report
Kramer, nope, done my time serving beer. Will be relying on you to get the first round in tho Mr. Green
Dan, yep - was offered a lift, but have declined as I've been strongarmed into a pre-flight girlie shopping spree in London on Saturday. Gatwick Express is now a goer. A night at the Gatwick Hilton looks nicer tho...
ski holidays
Manda, but seriously expensive. If money is a consideration, there are loads of cheaper hotels close to Gatwick and most will do airport transfers FOC. If money's no object, the Meridien attached to the North Terminal is a better bet than the somewhat dreary Hilton. IMO.
Have a good one whatever.
latest report
Not too crowded - yet! This photo today at Val (Daille) bottom of Triffolet (?)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy