Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

fitness to ride

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
just wondering what you guys so to get fit for boarding? do you all have a set regime which triggers a set time before you go?

i surf a lot, so my upper body is well fit, but i don't really do so much lower body fitness, although i do tend to cycle to my local shop (around 6 miles) rather than take the car. i'm thinking maybe of making more of an effort this year.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Up and down the stairs you go! Toofy Grin

My current fitness regime mainly consists of pizza eating at the moment so not the best person to help.. Embarassed
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I make a lot of joints, gives me good upper body strength.

Towards the end of Autumn I do a lot more hiking than I do normally so my legs are good to go for december. Do you need to be fit for boarding? I don't think so, for skiing the answer is obviously no.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowboarding easier on the legs than skiing but you need more core strength - plenty of sit-ups etc, as well as some aerobic exercise required, I don't think it matters too much what type.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Strong wrists is what you need wink (even more so for skiing) wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hsdee, Laughing

Is that for all the pole clicking we hear so much about ??? Maybe SWIRLY can enlighten us Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DebbiDoesSnow, pole clicking is obviously beyond my skill set at the moment. I need to learn to stabilise my lateral independent pivot motion in a fore-aft semi anti-parallel arc first.

rogg, lately I've got the fitness from riding, for the last two years I've been able to get on the slopes in the afternoon of the first day so treated that as a warm up. I have some sort of aerobic fitness from walking up mountains but generally summer climbing means my body is the wrong shape i.e. lots of upperbody strength at the start of winter and vice-versa at the end of the season. I seem to get "ride-fit" pretty quick though although I'm almost always knackered when away.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Swirly, sounds like the kind of fitness regime we'd all like to follow. guess i'll just up the walking/cycling for the last couple of months before i go. maybe a few sit ups too. maybe Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
hsdee, Laughing

Is that for all the pole clicking we hear so much about ??? Maybe SWIRLY can enlighten us Twisted Evil

Twisted Evil
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kruisler, I hope that little red x is a pic of swirly on his SKIS Twisted Evil

Payback is sweeeeeeeet
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DebbiDoesSnow,

It's more twisted than that but you'll have to wait until you get home I guess to enjoy it! Toofy Grin Twisted Evil
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kruisler, no Swirly but still class !
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy