Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Puy St Vincent update

Poster: A snowHead
I have been up today and can confirm that all the lifts are operational all the major pistes are open right down to 1400m. snowHead

It is still a bit stoney in places, but it has started snowing today (25th Dec pm) and is forecast for about 50cms of new snow between now and the 27th. snowHead

When I left today there was about 2cms of fresh powder on the slopes.

Looking forward to getting out again tomorrow.

pete@alpsun.com

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 9-01-05 19:00; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
After a night of very heavy snow I went up to Puy Saint Vincent today and it was incredible!

At 2075m (mid station) there was about 50cms of fresh powder and various depths of powder all the way down to 1400m. Once you got some speed up the powder was coming up over you head in the turns... snowHead snowHead snowHead

The top lift was closed today to 2750m because of avalanche risk, but that looks like it will be fantastic once it is opened up again.

The cretes lift was open and that gets you up to about 2500m and from there you could ski/board in powder all the way to 1400m. snowHead

There is also hardly anyone at PSV at the moment, so there is absolutely no queueing for lifts at the moment.

Well if that has wetted anybodies appetite to come out here we still have the marmotte apartment available.

Over an out.

pete@alpsun.com
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great conditions at Puy again today snowHead snowHead snowHead

...but top lift still closed because of avalanche risk. They looked like they might open it today, but then changed their minds afterall. Hopefully tomorrow. Toofy Grin

Here is a picture of Mrs Petel after the powder got a bit too thick to continue progressing forward...nearly made it back to the piste! This picture was taken just above the top of the Bergerie lift (mid mountain ~2075m).

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wow, petel, it looks fabulous!!!!! snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
petel, thanks, I needed that!!!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A cracking blue sky day a PSV today.
The top lift to 2750m at PSV is now open again with lots of powder blasting options available from there.
Every lift was open today and great conditions all the way down to 1400m.

Here is a picture of the beautiful sunset over Puy last night taken from the valley.

Red sky at night...barn on fire!

pete@alpsun.com
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi

Just got back from PSV and can confirm everything that Petel has said about the conditions and managed to find myself stuck in chest high powder on more than a couple of occasions.

Many thanks to Chris for the get together on the 23rd and thanks to the other Chris and Martin for all the hints and tips on living in the Alps, hopefully we'll be able to return the compliment in Feb so you can come and visit the chalet !!!

PS: PG I found Alphands and love the beer so thanks for the recommendation.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wheely, look brill
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Wheely, glad you had a good week. Sorry we didn't get to meet with you. Helen and I met up with Chris a week later and skied with Chris last Saturday at Puy. Sounds like you got into your new chalet eventually.

We had 3 boarders and 2 skiers staying with us last week and they said that this was the best powder they had ever experienced.

Conditions are still pretty good although the Crete run could do with some snow now...it's such a good run that it has been skied into submission. I think a lot of people have come over from Serre Che to ski at Puy as the high winds last week had cleared alot of snow at Serre Che on the upper slopes.

pete@alpsun.com
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
got back last sunday, le bois de coq was beggingng to get a bit crap, tree stumps sticking out in places!

lovely run that as well,

what a week, going back monday 26 - monday 2nd next year

c ya l8rs dudes

i cant be talking much coz i broke my monitor Sad
tried changing the refresh rate to 140 f/s and it died Sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Conditions are still holding out well at PSV despite no snow now for two weeks.

Skied today and there are definitely some stones peeking through here and there, but it hasn't detoriated that badly. The runs on above and to the right (looking up the mountain) from the top of Bergerie lift are in excellent condition with no stones or thin pathches...perfect snow but fairly hard packed.

Below the the top of the Bergerie lift the runs are hard (but not icy) and you have to watch out for occasional thin patches, but with PSV's wide runs these are easily avoided.

For intermediates and beginners the runs from 1600m to 1400m are in fantastic condition.

New snow currently forecast for Thursday 13th. See you out here soon.

Pete@alpsun.com
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Petel

Thanks for the update. Should be back out there 11th Feb for a week so hopefully we can meet up.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wheely, Hi Wheely been busy since we returned. We are not going out half term and will next be in Briancon on Good Friday 25th March for two weeks. A number of friends have expressed an interest in staying with us over the Easter period so we might well have a full house. If we don't get chance to meet up over Easter, I shall be out for 5 weeks in the summer, so we should have plenty of opportunity to meet up then.
Have a good time in February.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Chris, Good to hear from you, did you ever get your Sky up and running ? We should be across there in Easter as well so may run into on the slopes somewhere in the valley !!! If not then most certainly during the summer.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Wheely and Chris,
Helen and I will be around on w/c 11th Feb so hopefully we can meet up with you (Wheely).

The pistes are holding up well here at PSV. It has been really cold every night for the last 3 weeks...this has also led to excellent ski de fond conditions too. Some of the deep valleys around Vallouise and Vigneaux that don't see the sun at this time of year are completely covered in frost, all day!...it's quiet an indescribable sight...I'll try and get some photos in the next few days that do it justice.

Bye for Now.

Pete@alpsun.com
snow conditions
As promised here is a picture from last saturday (15th Jan) of the ski de fond piste in the Onde valley near Vallouise.

In the valley the temperature at midday was around -12C! The conditions are fantastic.

For the PSV (Alpine-stylely) snow-forecast is predicting around 20cms of new snow for tomorrow Very Happy ...I'll keep you posted with what actually happens.

Pete@alpsun.com
latest report
"Fantastic" ?? You mean for cross-country skiing, I suppose? wink Most of the French Alps have seen temperature inversions recently, and the lack of snow combined with higher temps at altitude have left most resorts with hardly ideal conditions - although PSV has had slightly better luck than the likes of Serre Che or Vars, according to a Vallouise friend... (Nice valley "frost pocket" photo).

Let's hope that snow turns up - much needed for the Feb holiday influx...
ski holidays
Yep PG, "Fantastic" for ski de fond. It's pretty iffy (spelling?) for Alpine at moment at Puy, but if you stay above the top of the Bergerie and on the right-hand side of the mountain (as you look up at it) the snow conditions are quite good.

Who is your friend at Vallouise?...I just wondered if it was a mutual one.

Fingers crossed that the snow reaches here tomorrow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy