Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer skiing, 2 Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hid this in a thread elsewhere, but it ought probably to be here....

2 Alpes is great in the summer, much better than Tignes imo. Not only have you got the glacier, but there's loads to do for kids. I did an article for a mag a while back on the resort - take a look :

http://www.bonjourmagazine.com/articles/images/no19/48-50Les2Alpes.pdf
That particular visit was in the Autumn, and it's far more 'young people with kids' friendly in the summer. There's some great offers, it's rarely crowded, and if you contact Jeremy of the European Ski School (details in article) he'll help out with planning/skiing/accommodation arrangements.

Looking for a brilliant local English ski instructor? Contact Charlotte:
www.easiski.com
- I took a 16 year old (alias Kevin from Harry Enfield & Chums) to 2 Alpes, bribed him to take a lesson with Charlotte, and he came back smiling for the first time in three years Madeye-Smiley

Another great independent instructor, bilingual (used to coach in the States), a former member of the French team: Anne Millet...
http://anne.millet.free.fr/english/index_en.php
Taught my daughter over several summers and she made huge progress in her race training...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cheers for that Pete

ish I had enough money to go: spend the morning skiing and the afternoon mountain biking, one beer and then straight to bed completely p****d Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PG, I didn't get round to doing any summer skiing in Les 2 Alpes last year - whenever I was up there (biking or showing friends the glacier) the feedback I recieved was that the snow was pretty poor (ice then soup). However it was an exceptionally warm summer in these parts. As you say though, there was a lot going on in / near the village.

I will probably try this summer though in the need to sustain my addiction. Will also try Alpe d'Huez which is supposed to be opening this summer - looks better for mountain biking too (wasn't so impressed with 2 Alpes apart from the run doen to Venosc).

I had a week in Saas Fee on the glacier in June - fantastic despite the warm conditions. The French team were training there as the Grande Motte (Tignes) was not in good condition. Thoroughly recommend it, and a beautiful, friendly village too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Red Dave, Too true, it was terrible last year. We were in 2 Alpes for a week in June - shared a lift with Carole Montillet, who said that she'd had enough and was probably off to Chile with her coach (ok for Olympic gold medal winners, not so easy for lesser members of a team, with a Federation that had just been declared bankrupt!). We then moved to the Alpe d'Huez glacier which was even worse. You got in about 20 minutes of decent skiing in the transformation period between ice and soup. 2 Alpes & Tignes stuck it out until the end of August though, seems crazy to me. An instructor (who shall remain nameless) was even writing to her clients advising them against going to the glacier, as she considered parts to be too dangerous to ski! Crevasses were opening up everywhere.

Let's hope it's better this coming summer.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy