Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 Valleys

Poster: A snowHead
helenjane, It shouldn't be much different from when we were there, so there will still be snow there. Obviously, the higher you get then the better the conditions will be.

The problems with the ferries is having an effect on the trains and we were delayed by about an hour going out. The buses the day before had been delayed by nearer 3 hours. Going out for us was very uncomfortable as we were right behind the driver so had no leg room at all. Coming back was much more pleasant as we were upgraded to club-class as someone had injured his shoulder and had to fly home. If it isn't too late, and you haven't done it, I think the upgrade to club class would probably be worth it.

I didn't think that I got any sleep to speak of on either of the journeys, but saying that, I felt fine to ski when we arrived and although a little jaded now, I am not exhausted by any means. I guess the only thing is to expect to get no sleep and then anything will be a bonus. We took a portable DVD player, which wiled away the small hours.

Last time we used the hire shop in Hotel Verseau, but for some reason this time they gave us vouchers for SkiSet at the Gondola in Brides Les Bain. The "technician" there set my daughters bindings on 5.5 (she is a tiny 13 year old, weighing 5.5 stone with size 3 feet). I thought this was high and queried it. All I got was a shrug of the shoulders and he offered me the screwdriver, saying "if you know better, change it yourself". When I had the chance to re-check them on the charts in the hotel hire shop, I saw that they should have been set to 2.0. Moral here I guess is to have an idea of your bindings settings before you go!!

I'm sure you'll have a good time whatever. Start early and get the best of the cooler weather. Then, hopefully you'll be able to sit on a terrace in the sun and enjoy a nice lunch watching the others on the slopes before you do a few final runs to finish. Hope you have a great time.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe he thought you said 55 kgs and not 5.5 stone?!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PG, the worrying thing was he didn't ask anything about her apart from "has she skied before".
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ray Zorro, thanks - have already booked club class so should be ok! Was there any food on the coach?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
helenjane, no, just coffee or beer. They make a couple of stops at service stations, so you can get something then and there should be chance at the channel tunnel too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well, we were expecting to get up for the first gondola and ski early then as you said relax for the afternoon. Matybe they changed the ski hire cos it was Easter and busy? I've size 3 feet but am definitely not 5 1/2 stone so should be ok! Resigned to water skiing already, still will just be good to be in the mountains for the weekend with no kids! (no guilt either, they got theirs in La ROs in Feb!) Will make the most of it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen,

The current snow-forecast.com 6 days has snow on and off this week above 2000m, then it does look like there will be a freeze at night, with the F/L hovering around 2000m during the day, which fingers crossed will be much better than the recent extremely warm temps!

cheers,

greg
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ray Zorro, It's a small world. On reading your messages, I was probably right behind you (or technically behind your daughter) on the bus on the way out there. Did your daughter happen to leave a cudly monkey and a DVD on the bus (on the way back?)?! The bindings things is concerning, but matches the experience that some people in our group. In such cases there should be significant liability upon the hire shop to get the settings right. In our case, the best was a colleague of mine that was given a pair of matching skies but different bindings. He didn't notice till on the mountain, and ended up skiing with them all weekend.

gregh, In terms of the forward forecast, I am not sure how much confidence I would place on snow-forecast's forecast. It was saying similar things for when we were out there, but it seemed to significantly underestimate the temperature. We had 10C at 4:30pm at 2200m (and prob 15C at midday) on a day when the forecast was for a max daytime temperature of 4C at that altitude.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kamikaze, It is indeed a small world, as yes, that's right, she did. A monkey, 5 DVD's in a wallet and a notebook!! After many phonecalls, we managed to catch up with the coach again as it was parked up in Dartford!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's snowing again today, with the radio forecasting the snow/rain line dropping to 1400m which would be nice.

PG - I haven't been down as far as Meribel due to the conditions but if I do get down I'll let you know. There was a slalom course in Mottaret that seemed to be in good condition.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good news for the many snowHeads coming to VT this weekend - continuous snow yesterday (down to about 1800m) has transformed VT and, with temperatures lower, conditions look good. Very Happy Hope to meet up with some of you - PM me a contact number if you want to meet!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That's great! We are coming to Meribel this Sunday. Any news on the weather there for next week? Goggles...sun glasses...? :~/

Can't seem to please anyone...if the reports say cloudy and snow then everyone moans...no sun!!! If it's sunny...everyone whinges about the snow!!! As the holiday organiser is a pain!!! :(
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just as it felt as though the season might be coming to an end, it's snowing heavily here now. With the freezing level dropping this should be good for anyone coming this way. Very Happy

Good to meet up with so many snowHeads during the last week - hope you all enjoyed yourselves.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Agree with Alastair, it's been snowing for over 24 hours now, even in Meribel the rain has turned to snow and about 8cm has settled. Up top there's about 40cm of new snow and it's still coming down.

Visibility is very poor though - we nearly got lost on a blue piste! Our last day of skiing was curtailed, but what a last run Smile

When the sun comes out there is going to be some awesome skiing snowHead snowHead Shame we are going back on the train tonight.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Saturday was incredible! Ok so viz was crap but who cares...60 cms of powder...just awesome! Get your skis and go now! You lucky things...ths sun will be out for you this week! :D
snow report
fingers crossed it hangs around and snows again next weekend, I arrive in Courcheval Sunday 17th.

cheers,

greg
snow conditions
I had the Saturday experience at 1850. Amazing. Snow forecast says its going to be stronger winds today, sunnyWednesday and .....wait for it....snowing on Friday. Enjoy gregh.
latest report
I am soooooooo jealous guys. Having never really skied through real powder I can honestly it was one of the best days ever. It's cold enough as well so you should be ok for a few days yet. ENJOY!!! snowHead snowHead
snow report
mowgli, agreed.
snow report
Left Val Thorens sunday morning having had arguably my best powder day ever on saturday .... couldn't see a thing on some runs but the snow was oh so good and the lifts almost empty. The snow was still falling and the clouds clearing yesterday morning.

If you're free this week head for the three valleys, you won't be disappointed Very Happy
ski holidays
Hey nog, were you on the Lac Blanc coming down from the top of Funitel Peclet? If so are you one of the people in this picture:

latest report
Once again the snow has arrived just as things were looking a little bare in places. Good snow and empty slopes sould make for a good week ahead. Very Happy
snow report
how much are the locals predicting Alastair? I fly out to Courcheval tomorrow Very Happy
latest report
gregh, (brief pause while he wanders across the tourist office) the official forecast simply says HEAVY SNOWFALL; I wouldn't argue with that at the moment.

Courchevel was looking a little tired in places a couple of days ago but I expect this current dump will improve things just as last week's did, when tired and closed slopes suddenly reopened. Have a good week!
snow report
thanks alot!! hopefully the forecast also calls for heavy snow Sunday then sunshine/showers later in the week, which could turn out to be a cracking closing week!
snow conditions
Some of the best snow of the season in VT yesterday with fresh powder. Weather due to warm up over the next few days, unfortunately.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy