Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fat injection into my Feet !!

Poster: A snowHead
I have a problem with my boots after 12 days skiing they were finally the right size , but last time I skied a couple of weeks ago I felt like they were too hard on the balls of my feet so the question is can I either get some fat injected into the soles of my feet or should I get new footbeds - I also have the problem of my little toe and the one next to it sort of feel like the are getting cramped but there is room in the boot as I can wiggle them - its more like a pain from clawing with them I suppose?

the boots are tecnica Rival rx hotforms and also the ski instructor last time I was away reckons they are not stiff enough -although they are mens and have a flex index of 80 ?

I don't really want to buy new boots - so all suggestions will be gratefully received !
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
unless you're really pushing it, those boots should be fine for you.
As a possibility, try some Superfeet insoles in them. They will give you better support on your arch, which should take some pressure off the ball of your foot, and help hold your heel in a better position. They are about £30 for a pair. I've been using them for several years and they help me.

http://www.superfeet.com/content/index.html
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maybe the arch of your feet is colasping under pressure.
This could be why ....

1. You can wiggle your toes when not under pressure but then they get squashed to the front/side of the boot when you put weight on them.

2. The pressure is not being spread evenly across your feet leading to intense pressure on certain areas.

Try the cheapest thing first (e.g. Superfeet as WTFH says). Most custom fit insoles are thicker then the boots normal insole so you may have to hot form your boots again after the insole is changed.

If this doesn't work try a proper footbed which may/maynot fit inside your current boot.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 29-02-04 16:50; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys for your help - I don't believe that I need stiffer boots either although they are definitely more flexible than when I first used them and I need to buckle them up !

So if I go and get some superfeet do I need to get the tecnica insoles out or do I just put them in as if they were odour eaters or something ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You'll need to take the old insoles out. The effect of even a thin pair of the right insoles can be pretty close to miraculous.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hi H, just got a pair of these myself the other week, had them heated and vacuum molded to my feet and then trimmed for extra perfect fit. $150 CAD... but feel like slippers.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jeez alex thats like 65 quid or something - according to the ellis brigham catalogue custom moulded are £45 and superfeet are 31.99 - the superfeet come in high volume or low volume

So do I go custom moulded or Superfeet

And will have to go to Snow and rock anyway as EB don't hotform !!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For less than an extra £15 I think I'd probably go for the custom the better the fit the greater the comfort . ...... that's the theory anyway Exclamation
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I got them done on the mountain though because I was acting like a big baby with sore feet!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hmmm is that like how hot formed boots are supposed to be comfier !!!!!!!

Alex - I can't believe that of you - but I remember being at Louise and deciding to learn to board cos my boots hurt !
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mrs H got the hotform insoles because she couldn't stand on her feet after a morning of ski=ing Shocked
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
OK have just chacked the snow and rock website and they only seem to sell 20quid insoles or 1 type of superfeet but they would be able to re hotform my tecnica boots for me

EB do the full heatmoulded foot bed but don't hotform boots but could probably do the hairdryer type heating up ?? So which do I choose??
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
S&R definitely do full boot fitting, custom moulded foot beds & hotform liners. Got mine there but they probably don't show up on the website as you have to have them done at a shop....best to go mid-week to beat the crowds.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Homphomp - I will dump the boots in the car tomorrow and divert in on my way back home after my journeys Very Happy

Buy my ski servicing kit as well !!!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
OMG - anyone who hasn't had custom moulded foot beds made go and do it now !!!
Went to S&R this afternoon and it probably took nearly 1 hour but my boots were so comfy I wanted to keep them on! - I can't wait to try Skiing in them and am almost tempted to go to the snodome to try them out before going to the alps again!

Why did no one tell me to get this done before ?
ski holidays
You never asked? Smile

Seriously, you are lucky. I have moulded footbeds, boots blowns etc and I still undo them at every opportunity (ie every lift!) and faff with them after every run. The guy in S & R reckons I have "particularly sensitive feet" - which is polite speak for "you are a great big wussy baby". Embarassed
snow report
Oh Don't say that Maggi - I have been blaming it on trying to break my feet into the new boots less than a year old but now used for 3 weeks - I have bought 5 different types of socks till I found ones that made a real difference at 25 euros a pair I went back and bought 3 pairs and now I have these footbeds so I am really hoping this is going to be the end of my whinging and having to stop to take my boots off at lunch time !
snow report
We had quite a long thread on SCGB about this a while ago, it turned out that about half of us (particularly the more recent converts) were in agony when ski=ing, at one time or another. The effect of the thermally moulded insoles can be truly miracluous Very Happy
snow report
I thought the bloke looked at me a bit strangely when I asked to keep the old footbeds just incase I didn't get on with the new ones Blush

Think I will still take them with me just incase
ski holidays
Helen LS, did you get the kit to service your skis as well?
ski holidays
Hey Masopa was going to hunt out your thread about that Very Happy as I forgot to take the shopping list with me !! Bought a toko blade thing which is probably total overkill but I can choose the angle of my edge, some wax and a scraper - was tempted to get some fluro wax to put on to give me the edge over the boys this time Toofy Grin but maybe thats where I am going wrong not being girly enough about these things !!

It was very amusing though going to S&R pin striped up and I was getting some new ski poles and the guy goes well what colour are your skis and I'm like that doesn't matter I wear 10yr old patched up goretex - and I'm not spending £70 on a pair of poles !!

They are doing a demo night on Thurs but I think I might manage to do them with just the instructions as its 1 hr to S&R !!
snow report
Excellent - good on you, Helen!

Best thing to do is to hunt out DG Orf and pester him for a proper explanation of how to do it. I'm happy to chip in my 2p worth, but there are other guys on here who are the experts, so I'm sure you'd rather learn from them Wink

Question is Helen - what wax did you get? Did you go for the pink, or the baby blue? Seriously, I think for recreational skiing, the most important thing is that you have waxed your skis, rather than necessarily which wax you've used...

If you can borrow a copy of Warren Smith's Ski Academy 2, it has a bonus feature of a guy who's doing the edges of his skis. He shows you how to do it (I followed that) and it's really not that hard.

Good luck Smile and well done
ski holidays
Virginal I went white -

As for the waxing - I am a tad competitive and am always being spotted with my express mini - its probably only psychological as well

Could I use aromotherapy candles to improve the relaxing experience of skiing letting off pleasant fumes as I swish down a slope Cool

(BTW isn't that what pine/ cedar trees are for ?)
ski holidays
Unfortunately, any scent from using aromatherapy candles would only benefit those slower skiers left in your wake. And I suspect boarders already have their own "aromatherapy" products letting of pleasant fumes secreted in their baggy trousers
snow report
Bleurghhh thats disgusting but true!!

Maybe we should all do that have aromotherapy for the beginners so they can relax as the more advance wizz past !
ski holidays
Your poles are supposed to match your skis? Crying or Very sad

I've quite clearly got the wrong end of the stick with my mismatched gear. I have fab skis and boots, what's the deal with the rest?
latest report
Alex apparently the girly girls - the type who have managed to aquire a member of the opposite sex to do up their boots, carry their skis etc Toofy Grin like to be co ordinated with matching poles, skis, boots and latest season colour outfit from somewhere trendy Smile

Not stuck together with gaffa tape !
snow conditions
Helen LS, sorry - reading my post, I can understand why you thought it was disgusting!! I meant the boarders' weed roll-ups were secreted in their baggy trouser pockets!

I'll just shut up Embarassed
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen LS, I bought my skis in Livigno, Italy, and the bloke in the shop refused to sell me the cheap poles I wanted. He said if I bought blue Rossi skis, I needed blue Rossi poles. He refused to let me out of the shop! He said he would be embarrassed to let me out with grey/red poles! We finally compromised. He sold me the poles at the same price as the cheap ones. Italians, eh Toofy Grin
latest report
Yeah, I bought my Seth Pistols to go with my Union Jack boxer shorts... rolling eyes
snow report
Hmm does anyone know where I can get a bandana with silver stars on then ??
snow conditions
I bought my Atomic skis to go with eveything I own.
ski holidays
My Pistols have tartan and metal studs on the rear, to match my ski suit and my sollys have red tops, which match the colour of my eyes.
latest report
Id get the fat injections- at least then your feet will never hurt even in 4in heels!
ski holidays
I like your thinking Nadenoodlee! I have a pair of 6" heels which look fab but reduce my feet to blistered mush - fat injections - they could take the fat from my back bottom and I'd grow 4" taller into the bargain! Very Happy
ski holidays
Exactly Alexandra- everyone wins with the injections- You wont end up walking home with your shoes in your hand trying to dodge glass and you get a bit of lipo thrown into the bargain- sign me up!
latest report
i have colour co-ordination issues, and now i just look like a big girlie. (i AM a female Robbie, by the way). I have old, duck taped, gnarly clothes and good technical gear, but then went and got a Baby Blue helmet. Oh Dear. Ruined my whole attemp at being cool. Embarassed
snow conditions
Stick some gaffer tape on the helmet scrape it against a brick wall a bit. Cool
ski holidays
good thought. Thanks
Laughing
latest report
You could splash some black or orange paint on it a little too...make it look like it has been in contact with a pole or snow cannon.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy