Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
@Chris_n, yeah its definately cheaper buying ski jewel and ski welt pass mid march.
Hope conditions are going to be good than. Fingers crossed.
Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Light snow this morning but no sign of yesterday's promised sunshine!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Light snow overnight and cold enough for the cannons to be running. Snow is lasting well until late afternoon when it gets a little heavy.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowing again Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another few centimetres overnight , this morning is bright and sunny. Time for some sunscreen! @carolyn, sends her apologies for lack of updates as Petunia (her computer) is in need of some tlc. We are off on an adventure to the Skiwelt today on a chocolate banana hunt!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowing again Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like a great day ahead, snowed most of the day yesterday, -6 overnight and the day is starting with blue skies Little Angel

7.00am
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks like it's that time of year I start looking at the webcams and today looks good lots of snow
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snowing quite heavily in Fieberbrunn at present but wet snow.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Where's Carolyn?!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ooooh, a thread for Niederau, goody. I'm booked for March. snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Woohoo 🎉 🎉 🎉. The snow canon at the top of the Markbachjoch looks lovely in full flow this morning.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@PeteMan, she's in the Auhof drinking wine wink
I'm back out there at the weekend, looking forward to a quick trip to Stubai sometime next week just to get warmed up ready for the Wildschönau opening. I'll give Carolyn a nudge when I get there.
@J Rhiannon, wondered when you would pop up, cannons have been running for a few days now.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Chris_n, Hi Chris. I wanted to look sooner, but I didn't have chance during daylight hours. Alistair had already copied some photos from the webcam onto Facebook the first weekend it snowed. I paid the balance of February's holiday last week. 5 of us coming this time. Busy sorting ski clothes out for all now.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just been told the Schatzbergbahn in Aufach is opening this weekend, earliest start to the season ever! This information is so hot off the press that the website hasn't been updated yet. Alpbach is also opening this weekend with the possibility of opening the connecting links next weekend. Maybe I don't need to go to Stubai after all. Smile
snow report
Sounds hopeful. The pistebashers were out and about on Sunday when I was looking and marker posts are already in place. snowHead
snow report
Sounds hopeful. The pistebashers were out and about on Sunday when I was looking and marker posts are already in place. snowHead
snow report
Hello Smile well we had some awesome skiing on Sunday in Auffach but things have warmed up a bit since then so get snow dancing everybody! Smile
ski holidays
Boots have been out and tested. Will get them back out again for some intense dancing.

Took my salopettes to be adjusted on Saturday, but it can't be done, so will just have to go with the baggy look and a strong belt again this year. Want to get 2 years' use out of them before buying more. snowHead snowHead
snow report
You've done so well. We have the instructors' pre season dinner on Friday so may get some good gossip about the upcoming season Smile meantime do keep dancing! I've been outside painting in warm sunshine again today!
ski holidays
Hope it stays sunny just long enough for your paint to dry and then goes a lot colder with heavy snow then.
snow report
Me too! Looks like it's cooling down from tomorrow Smile
snow report
Ha ha I can now do this on my phone! Cannons are on again and it's very much colder. Snow is on the way we hear and Auffach might open again next weekend. Will keep you posted Smile
ski holidays
Cannons still on and very cold. Auffach will be open so we will check it over on Sunday!
latest report
Many thanks for the update Carolyn, a group of 6, very interested first timers (to your neck of the woods), heading over on Boxing Day. We understand that there is plenty of time for it to come and go and come again, but, we are just giddy I guess as winter has arrived here in the UK
snow report
Yes Rico still plenty time. Still cold and huge piles of man made snow so we will be fine Smile hope you enjoy your first time and if you need ski school please choose us, the reds!!!
ski holidays
Carolyn, we are from Manchester and contrary to popular belief, the reds will suit us fine.
ski holidays
Great news about the snow and the cold temperatures Carolyn. I'm doing my snow dance. Looking forward to seeing you all for New Year!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Don't understand why anybody would think we wouldn't suit? We love everybody!! Keep dancing Smile
ski holidays
It was a reference to football rather than skiing, sorry, and the popular, but, misguided belief that all Mancunians aren't reds, United, but, City fans (blues).

Back on track onto more important matters, we will be having a group, (two families of three) 'conflab' shortly to finalise ski details and of course our lesson requirements. I have had a quick look at your website over lunch and do seem to cover all of our bases, one beginner, one advanced and four intermediates so all is good.
latest report
It's brilliant for all standards Smile looking forward to meeting you all Smile
ski holidays
@Uncle Rico, Carolyn definitely doesn't do football. Looking forward to seeing you all when you get here.
ski holidays
Hi all I am going to niederau on 21 Jan to the 28th and over to oberau for a second week which is covered by the same lift pass
Now do I get two 7 day passes from the different holiday company's or do I try and get a pass from the lift company's
snow report
@Beans, consecutive weeks 21st Jan - 4th Feb?, then get a 13 day lift pass from the lift co. €354.50 as opposed to 2 x €221.50 (or whatever the holiday company charges) for two 6 day passes. Just ask at any lift co. Kassa dead easy.
snow conditions
First ski of the season for me! Just having a lunchtime break at Auffach.

ski holidays
Oh and that's me on the left!!
snow conditions
Looks just the job, I was going to post a picture of me at work, but, I don't think that it would be as effective as this, now where is that 'I'm dead jealous' emoticon.....
ski holidays
Still making huge amounts of snow and still very cold so looks good for opening here in Niederau. Had a great time on lovely pistes in Auffach bit can't wait for the real deal here Smile
latest report
Hi all , we're the other half of the 'uncle rico group, just wanted to pick your brains about the resort, we are staying at the hotel sonnschein, we have lift passes, but need ski hire?, also can you recommend and few bars for a bit of après ski, last but not least are the nursery slopes in the village, if so are the any bars near by where my wife can relax with a vodka and coke
Thanks advance and look forward to meeting up in a couple of weeks
snow conditions
Snowing lightly this morning, looking at bit more like winter now.
@rothwell, ski hire Margreiters opposite the ski school in the main gondola car park is run by an English guy who knows what he is doing. A present ski starts in the Schnapshutte by the gondola if you like really loud Dutch a present, Bobo's by the nursery school is just a bit quieter but still very lively or the Turnip Inn an English run bar by the beginner lift. The Witch alm in the gondola car park is under new management this winter so we will have to see which way that develops. Not sure yet what the other new bar opposite the Turnip is going to be but again is Dutch owned but appearances suggest maybe a little more upmarket than the other Dutch bars.
Later if you want a real 80's feel there is the Cave Bar but don't forget to wipe your feet when you come out, later still there is the Dorfstuben, that gets going at maybe 1am until usually about 4 or 5.
Finally nursery slopes are in the village, Bobo's is on the nursery slopes and most of the others are nearby.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy