Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
Spent yesterday afternoon at Carolyn's sons wedding at the top of the mountain. The ceremony was completed with about 30 of us skiing down in our wedding finery at -15!
It has been really cold overnight and more snow is forecast in the coming week.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fantastic day for the wedding. Hope the snow canons are keeping busy in the cold nights.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hi all

never been skiing in Austria. Would Niederau be a good choice for a couple of intermediate skiers (who like nice Blue and Reds)???? Thinking of finding a Half-Board deal with a TO for next weekend 14-21Jan
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yer would be good for you been there three times and going out 21st for a two week stay love the place
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@redbaron51, Niederau is a good base with some nice scenic red and black runs in to the valley through the trees. It is part of the Ski Juwel area with ski bus access to Auffach which is mainly easy reds. Auffach is linked by gondola to Alpbach (all on the same lift pass) which has a variety of runs for all abilities. If you want more than that then the Skiwelt area can be accessed from Hopfgarten which is only 6km away.
If you want lessons then the red ski school in Niederau is the place to go wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Chris_n, thanks Chris
I believe if we pay ski lessons, then we will miss out the other resorts, is that right? Because it would involve finishing lessons taking the bus then ski other resort(s) and then back by bus to hotel. Or do the ski school take us to other resort(s) during the week?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The higher groups normally go to Auffach and possibly Alpbach at some point during the week. You could take 1,2,3 or 4 days of lessons if you want then go off on your own. Private lessons are another possibility although more expensive if you say you want to go to Auffach or elsewhere then that could be arranged.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another 25cm overnight at the Auhof!
Edit, make that 30 and still snowing!

snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Chris_n, hi Chris just booked a week in Niederau with Crystal.... Booked group lessons AM for me and OH. I understand Crystal uses The Red school... Do you know what time the lessons start, duration and meeting point?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@redbaron51, lessons start at 9.45, duration is 2 hours and the meeting point is on the Stenzer piste just above Bobo's bar. Ski hire is close by in either Blachfelder or Margreiter, not sure who Crystal are using this year. Which hotel are you staying in?
No more snow overnight but I think we have more than enough for now!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Chris_n, Thanks Chris. I take it the lessons are Mon-Fri. What pistes do you recommend us on Sunday, as to get the rust out of our legs (leisure skiers).....We will be staying at Hannes Hotel (very good reviews on tripadvisor and the cheapest on Crystal)....Any tips are welcomed!!! cheers ric
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lessons start on Sunday, if you are able to pick your skis up on Saturday you can go straight on to the Ungnaden lift directly outside your hotel and turn left at the top to take you to the Stenzer piste for lessons, you can also ski back when you are done.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Traumwetter

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah, that doesn't look too bad....
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowing lightly again this morning, visibility is fine though.
snow report
@Chris_n, bit of a long shot, but do you know of any good ski instructors in SkiWelt, in Ellmau in particular? I'm intermediate skier, reasonable confident on red runs, strong but styleless, who wants to improve technique and up the confidence levels.
latest report
@dobby, Sorry can't help with that one, but can tell everyone we had another 20-25 cm overnight and more is forecast tonight!
snow conditions
15 days 23 hours 17 minutes before climbing on the Jumbulance for the long hall to Niederau again this year. Very Happy
ski holidays
I have a question about the lift pass can you use a weeks pass sold by crystals for Saturday afternoon Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday or would you have to buy a few hours for Saturday afternoon??
And please look after the snow been waiting for a near on a year to return to this wonderful place
It's going to be a long week at work this week
snow report
Snowing again! Been snowing lightly most of the night but a little heavier now and forecast to keep snowing for the next couple of days so shouldn't take much looking after.
As far as I know you can use a lift pass from 3 the day before it is due to start, if you haven't bought a lift pass yet and you want more than this then buy a 7 day pass instead for an extra 22€.
ski holidays
It was free from 3:30 pm on the day before the pass started last year, but it may have changed. It just gave me time to get up to the Jochalm and buy a bottle of Blueberry schnaps.
snow conditions
Thanks snow heads
ski holidays
Another dusting of snow overnight and during the day, much colder again now but with odd (welcome) sunny spells during the day. The snow is now compacted enough under foot for off piste to be feasible without damaging equipment for those that are that way inclined. Avalanche just down the road on the Höhe Salve caught 2 locals fortunately they were both rescued.
snow conditions
@Chris_n, A little bird (Daisy) told me that we can't start the week of lessons with the Reds in front of the Harfenwirt this year and have to get ourselves down into the village. What time do we have to be there on the Sunday and how early can we get into the office to book ourselves in?

Also, do you know what time the lift pass place closes at the bottom of the gondola on Saturdays? We might arrive just in time to get our skis on the Saturday. Walter has told me that Margreiter's will be open until 6pm and our flight is supposed to land in Innsbruck at about 4:15pm. In know it is too late to go and book the lessons after 5pm. It would just be handy if we could get our skis to be able to ski down into the village the next morning.

See you in just under 3 weeks. snowHead
ski holidays
@J Rhiannon, ticket office closes at 4.30 so may be best to buy off reps on the coach or I could possibly get them for you as long as pictures aren't required. The office opens at 9am, I'm sure if you tell me what you need I can arrange it and you can pay after the first day. if need be I could pm you my number and I could pick you up early on the first morning and take you to Margreiters etc before the rush.
ski holidays
@Chris_n,Thanks for all this. A couple of reasons for not buying the tickets off the reps on the coach. You either have to pay in cash or incur a 2.5% handling charge, and they may not have any 7 day passes. They only sell the 6 day ones as extras to your online booking if you try to get them up front, but I think they did have a small number of 7 day ones available last year for the first time ever.

No pictures are required, so anything you could pick up for us that we could pay for by the end of the day would be fantastic. There are 5 of us and we all want group lessons up to the Thursday and 7 day passes.

The offer of a lift would be gratefully accepted. Thank you. Some of my group could trot down into the village fairly quickly, but I can't walk as fast as them. The earliest we can get our breakfast in the Harfenwirt is 8am. We could be ready and dressed in our ski stuff by about 8:30. I usually go down into the village just before 8 and then go back for breakfast, but that isn't possible this time as we need to end up in the village. If you pm me your number we can be in contact on the day. . I will pm you mine as well. Thanks ever so much.👍
ski holidays
@J Rhiannon, ski school is sorted, you can pay at the end of the first day. Assuming you are all intermediate then you can go straight on to the guggweise for sorting in to groups so gives you an extra 10-15 mins.That just leaves ski hire and lift passes. If I was to get passes in advance then you would have to pay cash anyway so that doesn't really work but I'm sure with the extra 10 mins it won't be an issue.
Oh by the way the snow was awesome today.
snow report
@Chris_n, Great. Thanks for that. Alistair (my brother) will be advanced. The rest of us intermediate. We may go and pay at lunchtime. The 4 of us without Alistair are going to Chill Factore in Manchester on Saturday to remind ourselves what to do. One of them had a 2 hour lesson on the dry slope at Pembrey last weekend too and she looked OK on the video I saw of it. Slow steady snowplough turns. I thought the pisted bits looked fantastic at the top of the gondola at lunchtime today. One day last week I am sure I saw you on the live video at lunchtime. The mannerisms and stance looked just like you and the clothing & helmet were right.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
-13 and sunny this morning. It was so cold yesterday that despite full sunshine all day the snow is still in the trees.
snow conditions
Anyone heading this way tomorrow can look forward to perfect pistes and sunshine Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I am cannot wait Reilly looking forward to it two weeks of skiing hope my body can take it
snow report
Still sunny by day and very cold at night beautiful snow conditions. Went to the Ski Welt the other day but it's not a patch on us here Smile IMHO that is!
ski holidays
Less than 2 weeks until we are there now. Cool ⛷️

The practise day at the Chill Factore in Manchester went well and got us all hyped up ready to go. It was well worth doubling up on the time and going for a 4 hour session.

I see the photos from the top of the gondola are still showing fantastic conditions - as are the Facebook photos published by the Snow Crew. Cool
latest report
Yes it's all good, lovely sunshine but very cold so perfect for keeping the snow for your pleasure! Glad your warm up ski was a success Smile
ski holidays
We had a fantastic week in Niederau.... Wish I was still there....

Piste conditions were perfect, resort was not busy, bus to Aufbach is 10min...

Red ski school really good.

We will definitely return....
snow conditions
I have been here for 48 hours now two great days of ski school Reilly be work hard in a good way legs are my problem thighs are burning so much snow is fantastic
snow conditions
@Beans, Whose class are you in? Good to hear you are having a good time.
snow conditions
@chris_n I am in shepps class I think that's how you spell his name are you teaching a group this week
snow conditions
That'll be Sepp then wink Yes I have a beginners group this week, skiing on the blue on the top in the morning.
Another cold sunny day today, -14 when I came in from work this afternoon.
snow report
Ok must of crossed paths then because we was up there this morning
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy