Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

at last!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In the words of Whitney Houston, "All at once, I'm drifting on a lonely sea, wishing you'd come back to me..."

I'm soooooo happy to have found you all! Went away from home (and puter facilities) for a couple of weeks, came back looking forward to logging on and catching up, and - well you know the rest. Was absolutely gobsmacked!

Thing was I was new to the SCGB forum and haven't got a great memory, so was beginning to despair at ever remembering any names so I could be put in touch. Then in a moment of inspiration (most unusual for me) I remembered having a look at the link Alan gave for Cardiff Ski Centre. Yaaay!

The withdrawal symptoms are now beginning to fade, slowly but surely! So a big "Hi!" to one and all. It's great to be here!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there, Lollie, great to see you've come in from the cold Very Happy

We did ask SCGB if they'd e-mail the registered users with the snowHeads url but they didn't seem to like that idea... Confused
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think we all felt the same way. It was like losing your friends! Welcome aboard. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yes, welcome back Lollie. I was away in St Anton when the other place went off, leaving me nowhere to tell all my stories for a while. Most distressing it was.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh dear, I'm sure it was distressing Martyn. Not a nice welcome home either!

I wish they'd been more co-operative about that idea Ian. Would've saved me hours of torment and anguish, not to mention the rants against SCGB that took place here. Still, at least my friends found those quite amusing!

Anyway thanks for the welcome back you three; tis smashing to drop anchor with y'all again!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Welcome, Lollie!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Lollie - and everybody else. Nice to see folk posting on a Sunday - the SC site was pretty dead at weekends
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Lollie Laughing You will love the new improved site...much better than scgb!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alan the ski club site is more than pretty dead at the moment, see my new post in the ski club section this afternoon snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Welcome back Lollie... here's definately an improvement than the old meeting place.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lollie, like the soap box smiley (or frowny as he would better be described), the SCGB members engaged in a fairly vigorous debate on the member only forum post-shutdown but we didn't really get anywhere, except for SCGB to say they could have handled things better. Confused
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Lorraine! Yes, this is definitely a big improvement over the old forum! A few other (non-skiing) sites I'm at use php, and I could never understand why SCGB didn't have the same - or at least something equally user-friendly. Love being able to use the smileys Very Happy

"Hi!" everyone else too, and thanks for the welcome. Friendly as ever!

Ian, I'm not really surprised the protests didn't get anywhere. After seeing the initial message on the other site (and getting a reply from Laura to email sent) I thought at first everything was going to be restored. Then after seeing the announcement of their decision... well it all seemed so final and non-negotiable. Didn't actually get a reply to the 2nd email I sent, but am assuming that's because they were probably inundated!

Anyway, matters not to me now that I've found y'all again! Wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Indeed. At our new Happy Home
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy