Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss side Porte Du Soleil & French Tarentaise in Christmas/New year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from 2 days in Swiss side Porte Du Soleil and 2 weeks in Tarentaise.

3 Vallees has the best snow and Courchevel 1650, 1850 and La Tania were among the best. Val Thoren had a couple runs closed on the Orelle side but some runs were stony.

Tignes/ Val D'Isere were satisfactory but in the high altitude (3000m+) the snow was blew away by strong wind leaving hard pack ice behind.

Valmorel seemed to be a good resort relative to the others currently in Tarentaise if you can stomach the large number of surface lifts.

Les Arcs & La Plagne runs had a lot of stones. Runs down to Chamagny were closed off. Lower and quieter areas, like Villaroger could be ideal but one needs to cross over some stony runs to get there.

Big soil patches were showing up in La Rosiere while La Thuile had visibly less snow than the French side. The long San Bernado run was partially closed and a lot of walking would be required on the remainder.

Swiss side of Porte du Soleil (Morgins, Champossins, Champery & Chatel) was disappointing too. No run down to Super Chatel. The drag lift from the Morgins to Chatel side was on ice, grass and surface full of holes all the time.

All the open pistes were skiable in Porte du Soleil and Tarentaise and there are nice runs in all the resorts but it was common to see good skiers got caught and fell when their skies hit a small rock mistaken for a loose stone. Would recommend to service the skis in the middle of the visit because sharpened edges are needed on icy runs lack of snow. Our skies were badly scoured in this trip.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
saikee, you didn't cross the North Sea in the storm did you?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont,

I did. It wasn't that bad but I go to bed early. Of some 10 to 12 crossings I did I only felt sea sick once. The crossing is being served by two ferries. We would try to stick with the bigger one whenever possible because it is newer.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy