Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Fellow Snowheads,

Myself and two mates are trying to book a late...VERY LATE!... holiday. We wanted to go next Saturday but at a push can make it the Saturday after. Anyway, just can't believe that there's pretty much zero, zilch, nada left.

Fast Track have one that fits requirements; 3* half board in Scheffau. Iglu have one also; 1 bed apartment in Plagne Soleil.

We three consist of: 1 complete beginner (boarding), 1 good boarder and 1 mid-intermediate skier.

Don't know anything about either resort, and any input you'd care to give would be most welcome!

Thanks guys.

Lollie having a panic attack! Shocked [/i]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try phoning Lunn Poly (or similar), and see what's available.
I know Andorra is completely full for tour ops, and I believe most French resorts are pretty full too.
Good luck!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Plagne is a great place for mixed ability groups. There is a Half Pipe at Bellecote, and a couple of snowparks for boarders. Not too many drags.
BUT: Plagne Soleil appartment could well be rather small, and it's not the prettiest bit of La Plagne.
I know nothing about Scheffau, but a quick look round the web it looks lovely, and the snow in Austria just now is fantastic. The accomodation is probably a lot better in Scheffau.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both of you for the input. As of tonight it looks as though we're going to book tomorrow for Plagne Soleil, because @ 298 squids it's a bit cheaper than the Austrian one. Hopefully it'll be ok. I look after my handicapped sister though, so it's all dependent on being able to get her booked into respite so I can actually get away. Fingers crossed.

Um... don't think we'll be leaving it quite so late next year! Confused
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lollie,hope it all works out for you,sure it will(just have faith!!)So long as there is snow who cares?
Yours is becoming a very familier tale.ie,the story of the last minute bookings;where are they?
Had a close shave 4 weeks ago.Requirement;2 double rooms for easter(10th-17th)
anywhere at a reasonable price in Europe.No less than 4 agents came back with same(exactly)hol.As this was an unplanned for 2nd trip,we had a tight budget.It was quickly obvious that if I could afford £900ish each,no problem!!!As I was looking at 3 to 400,big problem.Now I know its Easter and its supposidly busy;or is it?Backend of season,only snow sure in a few spots and many places are closed or closing.But still plenty open.I think many are starting to question the last min deal;
I know I am.Do they actually exist in realistic numbers,or is it just another tour operator ploy to bring about earlier bookings for the following season.Anyone in the industry care to comment?Have spoken to friends on this regarding "normal" beach style hols(wot-no snow Shocked )who have had similier problems.You wait,you look(net,teletext etc)you choose,you ring;"sorry mate,no availiability"!!!!!
Is it just me;or does it scream conspiricy???? Mad Mad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lollie, as a 1st time skiers we went to Scheffau 2002. It almost put us off. There was only the one nursery slope... I could go on, but your decision to choose the other resort (to which I haven't been) IMHO, is probably the correct one Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lollie, been looking around the web for friends who also are booking rather late. Not a lot about. Your deal for Plagne Soleil is excellent. Take it! Don't worry about my negative comments: who cares about a cozy appartment when you're with friends, and out in the piste all day and pissed all night, the looks of the place won't concern you one bit. Have a great time.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lollie, Definitely plump for La Plagne....I've skied both and whilst the rest of the Ski Welt is good for beginners Scheffau definitely isn't! You'll be much better off in La Plagne! Sounds like a good deal...go for it!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How did you get stuck on one nursery slope in Scheffau Michelle? There's 200odd K's of skiing in the Skiwelt area and a good chunk of that is linked blue/easy red stuff.
Our group went to Soll in 02 and did most of our skiing at Scheffau, we found plenty for the first timers to go at without even leaving the blue slopes.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
look at rocketski.com or equity.co.uk, they had plenty of availability for that period
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
FenlandSkier wrote:
How did you get stuck on one nursery slope in Scheffau Michelle?

Aha - FenlandSkier, I had this damn annoying habit of being unable to do anything other than turn left.. that led to having to pull out of ski school on day two when they moved from the flat area where they teach you to put on skis and move in them, to the area where they began to plough.... as this reduced to a narrow area with the left leading onto a red, my sanity prevailed and I unfortunatley had no option except to pull out Crying or Very sad

Quote:
There's 200odd K's of skiing in the Skiwelt area and a good chunk of that is linked blue/easy red stuff. Our group went to Soll in 02 and did most of our skiing at Scheffau, we found plenty for the first timers to go at without even leaving the blue slopes.

Needles to say - I didn't get to the blue slopes and after two more trips, just getting the hang of them now... Embarassed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy