Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts For Mile-Hungry Experts From Milan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just booked return flights from Manchester to Milan for February HT. We normally ski / board in France and Austria (2-3 times per season). We decided to break from tradition for 2025, partly because easyJet flights to GVA were circa £1K more v Malpensa.

Other than Cervinia and Monterosa (which we know pretty well) which other resorts would my fellow SH recommend. Our return flight is at 2:50PM which means that we are looking for somewhere that is less than 4 hours away (absolute max). We normally cover 40-50 miles a day. Not particularly fussed about nightlife but a range of good hotels and restaurants is a must.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Via Lattea (Sestriere) is only 2 1/2 hours from Milan Malpensa.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Switzerland is possible within your criteria. Zermatt is doable, although much easier to get to Cervinia and if you ski fast/well you would be abkle to access most of Zermatt from that side most of the time. Verbier would also fit your "expert" description. You don't say, however, what you really mean by expert. Do you mean you ski anything and everything on and off piste? If so there are many more good options where the available piste may not be huge but the skiing options are. We love Val d'Anniviers for that reasons, it is a different sort of holiday though.

Otherwise if you like France Serre Chevalier might work for you.

The Dolomites would be a bit of a stretch, but possible.

In short with a 4 hour transfer you can reach a very large number of resorts in Italy, France and Switzerland. Also
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm not sure mile hungry and expert are a usual fit. Do you mean groomed runs?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
zikomo wrote:
Switzerland is possible within your criteria. Zermatt is doable, although much easier to get to Cervinia and if you ski fast/well you would be abkle to access most of Zermatt from that side most of the time. Verbier would also fit your "expert" description. You don't say, however, what you really mean by expert. Do you mean you ski anything and everything on and off piste? If so there are many more good options where the available piste may not be huge but the skiing options are. We love Val d'Anniviers for that reasons, it is a different sort of holiday though.

Otherwise if you like France Serre Chevalier might work for you.

The Dolomites would be a bit of a stretch, but possible.

In short with a 4 hour transfer you can reach a very large number of resorts in Italy, France and Switzerland. Also

Thanks @zikomo - we won't be particularly interested in anything off-piste for this trip as our 16Y and 14Y old boys are not well versed into that type of stuff yet. No - we're all comfortable on anything (grading / conditions) on-piste. So the Cervinia / Zermatt combo would work well (we've been to Zermatt 4-5 times but have never stayed in Cervinia). Just seen that Verbier is only a 3.5 hour drive - I'll add it to the list. I'll also look at Madonna as I've always fancied it (despite its relatively poor snow record).

Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Selva Val Gardena is 4hrs 15mins from Milan Malpensa according to google maps. You'll find plenty of mileage there to go at.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
Via Lattea (Sestriere) is only 2 1/2 hours from Milan Malpensa.

Sestriere is definitely a good option for mile munching
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy