Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes report

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got an update on the conditions at tignes ???
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just got back from Tignes (almost literally thanks to the rockslide that prevented the Eurostar leaving Bourg St M. on Saturday night!)

The conditions last week were surprisingly good - the mountain sides looked like slag heaps but the pistes were being kept in an amazing condition (those guys need a big bonus). On Saturday til Monday, we had warm weather, sun and hard packed pistes. No rocks peeking through, most pistes were clear of loose stones and hardly a patch of ice to be seen. Great conditions for blasting around on piste. Some runs were actually less icy than i have seen them before in "normal" conditions - a combination of the attention of the pisteurs and the lack of crowds to scrape off the snow.

On Tuesday the snow came and on Thursday, Friday and Saturday it was constant, with white out conditions for much of the time. We shouldn't have seen the conditions on Sunday but as we woke up in Bourg rather than Waterloo, I can confirm that it was still chucking it down on Sunday.

Most lifts were shut on Friday and Saturday but there were plenty of short powder runs to be had from the lower lifts that were running.

Avalanche risk is obviously high, with such a large amount falling so quickly on a hard or non-existent base. In addition I think that temperatures are set to drop dramatically over the next few days and so the layers are likely to remain unstable. On Saturday evening you could clearly see the aftermath of a large slab avalanche on a slope above Val Claret which served as a timely reminder.

Once the avalanche risk has sorted itself out, conditions should be fantastic, although the off-piste powder may well be freezing hard as we speak.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tony Lane, that's interesting. I've cross-linked to this thread from our snowNews item on the Eurostar problem. How did Eurostar handle the situation? Perhaps you could respond to that over on snowNews.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy