Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schladming

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Snowed heavily all day today, turned to rain in resort around 4pm. All lifts open and pistes in good condition with the exception of some lower runs which are icy in places although todays snow should improve things greatly. Also skiied Flachau which has excellent snow at the moment and must comment on the lift system there, appears they have spend serious money on some impressive new lifts, new gondolas, 6&8 man covered chairs all over the place
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
scraggsy, Sounds good, am off there in 10 days.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sraggsy, I`m off next week.

Any particular runs that would recommend ?

What about bars, clubs etc. ?

Mountain restaurants ?

I haven`t met anyone who has been to Schladming. Not on the usual Brit circuit.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Beetle, Ray Zorro, most of the runs are pretty similar mainly reds through the trees with a few blues thrown in. Not many challenging runs in the area. The group I am with preferred Hochwurzen & Reiteralm for a bit more variety and very quiet slopes. Hauser Kaibling is good for cruising, Planai is not bad but the sign posting can be confusing. Snowed very heavily agian today so the snow is excellent (more snow due tomorrow) although the rain last night has turned the bottom part of the resort runs slushy/heavy.
Bars are pretty quiet, the best ones are La Porta, Scenario (barman lets you pick the tunes on his new fangled sound system if you ask him nicely, if you can work it that is)and Hangl bar, there is a club in the vilage, can't think of its name now but its easy to find altough it is fairly poor, mainly resort staff after pub closing time and a couple of dodgy characters masqerading as crystal reps.
tons of mountain restaurants, I would hesitate to recommend any in particular as we have tied different ones every day and they have all been good. Quite a few brits knocking about if you look for them although most seem to be in the slightly older age group so you won't bump into them down thw pub.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
beetle, there's a pretty good report on Schladming here ... http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=83670#83670
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Sraggsy & Ray Zorro - very informative.

Thank goodness I`ve got Schladming booked (if only for a long weekend) - my other ski break is Whistler which isnt looking too clever at the moment.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well. It snowed overnight and again all through the day. There was at least 6 inches at resort level overnight.

There is some thick stuff all around and fresh snow on all the pistes. Conditions are excellent. Every now and again you get through to the hard stuff from before the recent snow, but generally it is great.

Conditions will be continus to be great for anyone coming out either this week or next.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ray Zoro, sounds goods but shouldn't you be partaking in the apres ski at this time of day wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just back from Schladming.

What a jolly place. Snow excellent; ditto the apres ski. RZ ought to be in the Iglu by now before moving onto the Mexican place (can`t remember its name); then onto `Cocktails and Friends` (say hello to Eva) and then truly awful but strangely wonderful Sondern disco.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy