Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So where do I pay my £48

Poster: A snowHead
Funny, I've been looking and I haven't found anywhere to spend my money here. According to the ski club of Great Britain these things are expensive to run!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Now, now Helen - the SCGB is a "not for skiing" organisation. Of course they'll take your money in return for....er.....um.....anyone able to help?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're really desperate to spend your cash U can buy my skis - what I mean is "a very wise way of using your money would be...."
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spyder St Anton jacket for sale.....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thought I'd pop in here and say "hello". Alan....I'm in need of a new ski jacket (after my last one was skied over and ripped)......tell us more Wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hello all, I have moved over here for the minute. Bit confused about what I have said yes and no to when registering and don't really understand the yellow faces index, but there are names here I recognise, so am happy! Very Happy - that is was supposed to be a smiley face, clearly I am not good at this.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
oh, the smiley face worked! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Smile Smile Very Happy So they do! Cool
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think smileys make the forum look childish Sad

Beverley, you beat me to member no.13!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Direct Debit cancelled. I feel they deserve everything they have brought on themselves Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just cancelled my DD too... it was about to renew.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I did like the absolute minimalism of the SCGB forum but I could really get used to this. I see it also supports private communication and a range of rather handy features.

It looks like Mrs H and I will be ending our subscription...talk about shooting yourself in the feet.. Ski Club of Great Britain could give the Tory party a run for their money!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Ian - nice to see you here and also on my site. If you want to apply to join the "Moderators" group on my site give it a go - I can only say no NehNeh
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
help, I cannot make the smileys work - what have I failed to do correctly?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I don't know Alan, if I become a moderator the power might go to my head Twisted Evil

John - in the edit box the smilies appear as various text strings but as icons in the final post, alternatively you you may have disabled smilies which I think is an option which appears in your profile or if you use the "post reply" button.
latest report
John, I don't know. I just click on one below the quick reply box and I see the code added to the text. Question
latest report
Very Happy
rolling eyes
following instructions
snow report
Very Happy Thanks guys Very Happy
snow report
You've done it John! Smile
snow report
Could offer John £48 for his combine if we could get in touch with him. Confused
snow conditions
I believe I've got a sufficient postal address to send him a postcard.
snow report
What we need now is an ex-SCGB smiley or avatar jobbie.
ski holidays
Cancelled my DD also. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
I'd actually started to consider joining, as I assumed they were getting a bit more human and climbing down from up inside their own A$$es. Thats successfully put an end to that.
snow report
martyn c - could I quote you on that over on the SCGB site?
snow conditions
Just back from holiday - scgb rep was in a different village so I didn't actually make it to the first meet up. Am so glad because was debating joining up - now there is absolutely no reason to join!
ski holidays
mountain mad,

I joined 12 years ago, and for most of that time there was no chat forum anyway. I joined for the repping service, and I still think it's worth it for that. The resort reps generally have a far more 'open' attitude than this fiasco indicates.

Most reasons to join remain, but now, it's not just cost that deters...
latest report
A couple of Reps have made themselves known on the members only forum and seem to be opposed to the SCGB's move and to have some good ideas as to better use of the forum by Reps.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Pete
Ended up finding people in the chalet to ski with - so it didn't happen, but I agree that the repping is a great feature.
Felt I wanted to join because I had got so involved in the site, but now will stick to here as it was the chat part that i liked!
snow report
Which thread is that Ian?
snow conditions
Hi Pete,

Ski Club of Great Britain Reps to be found on these threads:

What proportion of members use the clubhouse? Matthew Clarkson, Bruce Rogers
Don't resign ! Attend the AGM ! Matthew Clarkson
What is the role of the club? Ken Piddlesden

I think it fair to say that Ken and Matthew are anti the decision, Bruce is pro (but possibly because of some of the more forceful comments made regarding the club house)

I note Matthew has joined us - Matthew - if you'd rather I didn't take your name in vain I can edit you out of this post (magic software n'est pas?)
ski holidays
Hi mountain - you haven't said if you enjoyed your holiday but I trust that you did, and you seem to be still in one piece.

Now the question is, should I start a "Sad old git" thread here... Question Question
snow report
Hi Alan - am going to put up a review up on Les Arcs soon - but in brief it was fantastic!
The 'sad old git' will be missed but perhaps its time had come!

p.s. thanks to everyone that has got this up and running so quickly. Really appreciate the effort thats gone into this.
ski holidays
great stuff, hope you have some pics for the gallery (although I still haven't posted mine from Ste Foy - naughty boy) we skied one day in Les Arcs by parking at Villaroger (it was the day Keith Chegwin was there). Found some nice powder but I don't suppose my tracks were still visible Cool
snow conditions
Well, I said I'd do it and I did. I cancelled the DD on friday. The money left my account this morning. One quick call to the bank and the money is going to re-appear tomorrow! Very Happy Long live First Direct!
snow conditions
Such a shame the club didn't realise the potential that creating a successful open forum had. Even in resort it's difficult to persuade people to give up a day of their holiday to try skiing with a rep, and yet the vast majority of people really enjoy it (as well as discovering that ski club of Great Britain members aren't the stuck up toffs they're made out to be!!)

It was clear the forum was dispelling the myth among non-members that the scgb is all t**sers and people really were arranging to meet up together.
ski holidays
Hmmm, haven't got the hang of this yet! Just discovered I was only half way through the thread when I posted my last comment!! I'll remember to move on to page 2 next time!!
latest report
Ian, no problem with you mentioning what I've written over at the ski club of Great Britain. In fact quite a few reps seem to have turned up - I guess they've come back from repping and want to see if anyone's entered bad write ups about them!! Can't remember any of them writing entries before the ski season started.

I was hoping to use the forum to keep in touch with some of the people I'd skied with, including the ones who turned up for a day but didn't join for whatever reason. Was confident the forum would help the club come across as more of a community all year round and not just for six days skiing a year. Also I can't be bothered with emailing individual people all the time but the forum made keeping in touch much more interesting (and I didn't need to write anything if I didn't feel like it) - much better than emails!!
snow conditions
Matthew - it was good to see you and the other Rep chaps around in cyberspace! I think you've hit the nail on the head - chatting online before hand would encourage me to ski with a Rep.
latest report
Just a person from 2020 strolling by.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy