Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

400 'users'

Poster: A snowHead
yet more addicts. great news !! Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ain't it awesome? Exclamation
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ssh wrote:
Ain't it awesome? Exclamation

That's one phrase that only sounds right with a strong American accent Wink

True, though!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Elizabeth B, I'm sitting here trying to figure out what a "strong American accent" is. I find the accents from around the country so diverse that it's impossible for me to think what the representative accent would be. Boston, NY, Baltimore/DC, Philly, Virginia, California, mountain West, Dixie, Texas...?

But, I think I know what you mean! Wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anything cowboyish?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ssh, just in the same way that all us Brits (and Aussies & Kiwis) sound the same to you, we tend to lack the ability to differentiate Americans and some Canadians.

Yes, I know it might appear insulting, but it's not meant to be - it's just the way it is! Ok, if you took someone from the East Coast, a Californian and a Texan, I'm sure most of us could tell the difference, but if you asked us their accent, we'd reply, "American"!

It's what you're used to - we can easily tell apart regional British accents, but you guys just all sound the same Wink

On a related, but
issue, a friend of mine from Hong Kong told me that before she moved over here, she thought most of us "Westerners" that she saw in the movies looked the same! It wasn't until she moved over that she started to pick out the features that vary between us...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And just noticed we've got over 10,000 articles/posts
Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
also - I've hit the 100 posts mark - do I get a prize
(or the sack from work from reading too much!)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mountain mad, congratulations! My posting rate will flat-line in just over a week's time when I get to do it all for real, rather than just talk about it!!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
400 users, just like the Dagenham tower block I used to visit.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ken Lingwood, Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cowboyish--how about, "Hey y'all've herded up some mighty fine numbers for bein' a city-clicker site."
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
masopa wrote:
ssh, just in the same way that all us Brits (and Aussies & Kiwis) sound the same to you, we tend to lack the ability to differentiate Americans and some Canadians.

Now, I said I was an anglophile... Please! Not be able to tell the difference between a Brit, a Kiwi, and an Aussie?!?! You think I'm daft just because I'm American?!?! Laughing Wink

Actually, I can tell those apart, plus the major sections of the UK (Ireland, Wales, and Scotland, of course, but also can tell a bit of the north/south, as well). But, I suspect that's because I flat out love the culture, theatre, attitude, and geography of the UK... What can I say?! Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Canadians can get real vicious if you accuse them of being American Wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The same with Kiwis if you accuse them of being Aussie, although they might be too polite to point it out.

Although I've found best results come from someone asking a Scot what part of England he's from!
ski holidays
I'm a Geordie who's parents moved to Cornwall when I was at the grand old age of 8. I often get asked where in Wales or Australia I'm from.... Laughing
snow conditions
....and what's your reply?
ski holidays
Ian Hopkinson wrote:
Canadians can get real vicious if you accuse them of being American Wink

Indeed, they do, eh? Wink
snow conditions
David Goldsmith wrote:
....and what's your reply?

David - I don't think I get too irate, do I? snowHead snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy