Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne - two warnings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If you're down in the trees above Montchavin, or going across the Vanoise Express, make sure your edges are sharp. The cold plus lack of sunshine means those runs are hard and icy pretty much all day.

Also, the bottom section of Hari Kiri (below the restaurant) after Kamikaze joins, is not only very bumps and often crowded, but there are a lot of (hidden) stones that it's very easy to uncover. Unless you can pretty much ski straight down the fall-line through a moving salalom course, I recommend taking the blue - your skis will thank you for it and you may well get better run at the uphill section to the chair lift.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skanky, re: the trees above Montchavin - really? Huh. Just goes to show how much conditions change from week to week. I skied the same runs 9-15 Jan and they were well powdered.

Re: Champany - sadly this situation hasn't changed since Jan!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Manda, there was plenty of snow, but a combination of scrapings and the cold had firmed it up considerably in quite a few places - the temperature was in minus double figures even that low down. The Champagny bit was only a problem at the very bottom of Hari Kiri (where it turns into a bit of a bottle neck as few people seem to want to take the blue). The odd part was that there was loads on decent snow on the run, just in great heaps (not surprisingly considering the amount of people and the steepness) and all the bits between the lumps were the stoney bits - and very stoney they were too. Everywhere else in that area (that we skied on) was lovelly.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy