Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CHAMPAGNY EN VANOISE

Poster: A snowHead
Roger C, your welcome... & don't forget, it's all:

Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Roger C, or anyone else following this thread, we have a studio available to let in Champagny, long or short term if you have friends interested in joining you. It is basic but the price is reasonable. The apartment is situated in the Les Clarines apartment block in Les Rochers at the entrance to Champagny.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks sideslip1 I'll let you know if anyone springs to mind. We are in Les Rochers so it would be convenient from that point of view.

It's been snowing for most of the day so far above Champagny and La Plagne. Most pistes in good condition, especially above 2200m.

Currently at 3pm it's looking white down at resort level in Champagny Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great conditions on piste today with a couple of inches of powder over a pisted base BUT it was very, very cold!

Mrs C and I thought we were going to be frozen to a chairlift. More snow forecast for tomorrow afternoon and evening Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sideslip1,

do you have a website ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
sev112, if you look at sideslip1'signature you'll see his website address and the studio is mentioned on the homepge wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Roger C, What are the conditons like at the moment?
I am due to fly out early in the morning from Liverpool but am expecting delays or cancellations again.
I will call you when I arrive in Champagny.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Roger C, Will be at least Friday before I arrive, all Easyjet flights cancelled from Liverpool this morning, transferred to the Manchester flight on Friday. Maybe see you soon???
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We are looking forward to coming to Champagny in February. We are self catering for the first time, are there many restaurants in the village and /or a decent supermarket??
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Netballdi, There are 10 restaurants in the village of Champagny en Vanoise and 2 in Champagny le Haut. You can see a list of them by following this link http://www.champagny.com/index.jsp?c=52021#181. It shows the sort of food each restauarant serves and the area of the village it is in. I have not heard of any ones to avoid, we usually go to either Hotel Les Glieres (traditional / Savoyard, good value 3 course menu). Le Barillon (pizza/pasta/traditional) or La Poya (expensive but good). They are relatively close to us so that is the reason we frequent them.
There are 2 small supermarkets in the village, a Spar and a Sherpa, both with reasonable choice for most of the season but relatively expensive compared to the bigger supermarkets in Moutiers. There are also a few more shops / delicatessen / butcher/ baker selling local products, see this link http://www.champagny.com/index.jsp?c=52019
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for that. We are staying at Chalets du Bouquetin which I see is on the resaurant link so maybe we can eat there.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We have never eaten there so can't really comment on what it is like. It is about 4-500 metres outside the village so it wouldn't take you long to walk into the centre, it is an uphill walk back home though. You have 5 or 6 restaurants within a 10 minute walk. Your nearest supermarket is sherpa and you are pretty close to the boulangerie. You can find out in advance where everything is using this useful map http://neige.skiinfo.fr/_apex/champagny/plan/welcome.htm
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skichampcouk, roger, would you like to meet up some time. Some of us come over your way sometimes from Les Arcs or when you come over our way.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowcrazy, That seems like a good idea, PM me the dates when you are out there and we can arrange something. I have bought a paradiski season pass for this year so it would be useful to ski with somebody with local knowledge of Les Arcs.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skichampcouk, Make sure you are very fit or hope that snowcrazy, needs to take it easy Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Netballdi,
The chef at Chalets du Bouquetin leased our apartment a few seasons back when he was running his own restaurant in the village. I never tried the restaurant but it was popular at the time and I suspect he will be doing an equally good job in the Chalet. The last time I saw him he was interested in opening his own place again and will be wanting to protect his reputation, he is well known locally.
latest report
sev112 wrote:
sideslip1,

do you have a website ?

Sorry I missed your post Steve, we have moved into new accommodation this season and it has taken France telecoms a month to connect our phone line. As RogerC says the website is on the signature.
snow report
Hi snowcrazy would be good to meet up. I'm out this weekend but with a group of 4 friends so will be pretty tied up.

Back again the last weekend of the month though with only a snowboarding friend in tow. How about we arrange a mini snowHead gathering that Saturday (Jan 30th) to take advantage of the quiet slopes?

skichampcouk are you around that weekend?
snow report
Roger C, I am out again next Friday (23rd) with a friend who has never skied before so will probably be staying around the Champagny slopes for most of the weekend.
ski holidays
skichampcouk, it sounds like I'll miss you again, back last night and not out again until fri 29th

Had two great days of skiing this weekend. Pistes in great condition on Saturday so we headed over the Vanoise Express to Villaroger and back via the top of Aiguille Rouge and then came back via Arc 1800. Then on Saturday night/Sunday morning there was a nice dump Very Happy

We were the first ones on the gondola from Champagny and the next two chairs up. Fresh tracks everywhere, lovely light powder Very Happy and even though the vis was a bit dodgy until lunchtime it was my best day of the season so far.
snow conditions
Currently at T5 waiting for the 1925 BA departure.

Forecast for about 10cms tonight so tomorrow should be good! Planning on a tri across to Villaroger with a boarder friend.

Anyone in Champagny who wants to meet for an apres beer tomorrow let me know
snow conditions
Roger C, I'm not due out again until half term week so will not be around for a beer. I read on another thread the roads are a bit tricky around Albertville so I would assume the road up to Champagny will be snowy, take care
snow report
hey guys and girls

any of you thinking of coming out anytime soon? i'm helping run a bar in peisey, i'm on the opposite side of la plagne, up the road from where you get off the vanoise express that links the 2 mountains...
if your taking a day trip over, or staying on my side of the mountain, feel free to pop int my place and have a alco hot choc, or van chaud. also, if i'm free in the day, i'll be glad to show ya round the mountain... no probs on one condition. that your a nice person who wants to spend a day smiling and cruising round this beautiful mountain Smile

i hope all who have already skied this season had fun, and the rest of you come out to play soon! the snows falling heavy as i type Smile

peace
j
latest report
I've been twice to Champagny, and I have to say that I prefer it to the other La Plagne resorts, not only is it much cheaper, but it's much more picturesque. I've always been at the end of January, and I've never had to queue for the bubble in the morning. But the run back to Champagny's never been properly open either, so it's the bubble back down again in the afternoon.

From the top of the that gondola, just turn left and ski down the blue/ easy red to the Verdons chairlift, and then you're over the top into La Plagne proper. The slopes on the Champagny side are adequate too, and much quieter than those on the La Plagne side, perfect for beginners.

I've stayed self catering at Club Alpina both times, which is right next to the lift. Club Alpina has a really nice restaurant, which I would recommend even if you're not staying there. There's the Spar and the Sherpa, which are both okay, and a few nice bars. It doesn't have very busy nightlife, so I would say it's a much more family friendly resort.
ski holidays
hi bum, if you were here at the moment you could have skied down to the gondola station, there's plenty of snow after last night!

skichampcouk, you were right about the road up being interesting last night, at one sage i was worried we'd be stuck in Bozel, finally arrived at 230am so it was hard work getting up in tme for first lift today - but well worth it Very Happy Once the vis lifted conditons were great but it's VERY COLD. Anyone arriving today to ski tomorrow make sure you wrap up well, wind chill in the -20s is promised Shocked
ski holidays
New to Snowheads but interested in meeting others who stay in Champagny. Have owned an appartment in the village for a few years and would be keen to set up a network of contacts for skiing and a beer or two in evenings. My wife and I are down for week from 6th Feb, so interested to hear from any one out there. Andy.
ski holidays
ANDY DEV, welcome to SnowHeads.
snow conditions
Hi ANDY DEV and as Helen Beaumont says, welcome to snowHead s

We wont be back in Champagny until March 7th for a week so if you are around then please let me know.

Yesterday was a great day on the slopes but as expected bitterly cold higher up, plenty of hot drinks needed to keep us going. Pistes are in great condition following Fri night's snowfall, wish I was still there not back at work Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Roger and Helen,
Not really used to this but it seems like fun.
Out on Sat and looking forward to it. Daughter and friends out at present and having a great time.
I am out weekend 7th March and over easter so will be in touch, Andy
ski holidays
Hi ANDY DEV, welcome to Snowheads.
We will be in Champagny from 11th February in apartment les bleuets, either call round or pm your mobile number or address and we can arrange to meet up
ski holidays
This thread has been v.quiet for nearly a month!

What's it like at the moment? Snow reports sound great Very Happy

We are out again from Sat 6th to Sun 14th so it anyone wants to meet up for a ski let me know..........
snow conditions
Roger C, skichampcouk, sorry guys I have not checked on here for ages so missed your posts. I am around all season based over in Les Arcs but as one of my mates lives in your village I come over your side quite often. Was there last wednesday. Please PM me if you fancy meeting up so I do not miss your posts again. Sorry about not checking back on here again. When are either of you out again or anyone else that would like to meet up one lunch time for a beer or even a ski/snowboard.

If anyone is coming over my side and wants to meet up PM me or post on the Les Arcs snow report thread. Hope to see some of you this winter.
snow conditions
snowcrazyno probs

back out next sat for 8 days and will pm you for sure!
snow report
Roger C, ANDY DEV, snowcrazy, We are out again tomorrow for 8 days. If you are around send me a text or give me a call. snowcrazy, send me a pm, I look at my emails every couple of days when in France so could arrange to meet up.
It looks like plenty of snow is forecast over the next couple of days so things should improve on recent conditions.
I am after a place to watch the football on Sunday afternoon so will be heading over to Les Arcs or La Tania, if anyone knows of any bars around that show all the premier league games could you let me know.
snow report
skichampcouk make sure you give us an update on conditions, fingers crossed for lots of fresh snow Very Happy

I'm back out for Easter weekend so perhaps we can finally meet up! Unfortunately it's the last trip of the season Sad
latest report
Roger C, I'll send you a text, I try to spend as little time as I can on the internet when I am in France as I would rather be skiing. We are due out until Sunday 4th April, hopefully we can meet up.
snow conditions
Roger C, It has been so good today I thought I would spend a bit of time on the tourist office computer to let you know. At least 30 cms of fresh powder high up, maybe 20-25 cms at the top of the Champagny gondola. Great conditions for this time of year and it is still snowing.
ski holidays
Hi skichampcouk thanks for the upate, much appreciated!

Save some snow for us on Friday wink I'll txt you and perhaps we can meet up for a ski that day.
ski holidays
Plans for a new leisure centre in Champagny are currently being displayed at the entrance to the swimming pool in Champagny en Vanoise.

The existing open air swimming pool is going to have a removable cover built so I assume it will then be open over Winter as well as Summer. An extension is to be built to the side of the existing swimming pool and will include new saunas, jacuzzis and a well being centre. Underneath this will be a ten pin bowling area (not sure how many lanes) bar and cafe/restaurant.
The existing tennis court and skateboard park are to be repositioned to make space for this extension, hopefully they will also resurface the football pitch.

I don't have any dates yet, the minutes from the last council meeting show they are still looking for funding from the banks for the project. The locals are not happy after a new underground carpark was built next to the gondola last year, this is the only car park in Champagny where you have to pay so was hardly used last winter. It will be interesting to see the response to the new leisure centre plans.

I will update this thread when I find out more information.
snow report
A new webcam has been installed in Champagny village giving a 360 degrees panoramic view of the village and surronding area.

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/champagny/interface.php?pk_interface=399&m=images&r=panoramique#depart

Some superb views of the village, the bottom of the Mont de la Guerre and le Bois runs, the gondola, the new beginners area outside the lift pass office and ski school and the views across to Courchevel. You can zoom in for a close up view, we can even see the barbecue on our terrace.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy