Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix conditions?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to catch a last minute deal, so i need first hand info on how the off piste is holding up
thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SCGB rep report for yesterday

"Pistes are becoming harder by the day. Off-piste is mostly mogulled. Some icy patches on south-facing slopes in the morning."
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just got back from a long weekend in Cham. Didn't do much off piste, but it's very hard now everywhere as it hasn't snowed for a week plus the weather's been clear (and beautiful, but not helpful to the snow conditions). They could do with a nice dump really. Snow cover is still generally good enough, but some rocks starting to show through in places, and the couple of runs from the Brevent side of the valley down to Chamonix and Les Praz are covered in stones - don't take your own skis down there!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
looks like snow due Friday onwards in Cham Very Happy I hope they mean snow above 1200m in the outlook!

FRIDAY FEBRUARY 11
Brief: Overcast - snow towards 1200 m - strong wind high up
Sky Conditions: (cloud - sunshine) : mostly cloudy or overcast - period of sunshine close to 0%.
Preciptation: : light and scattered in the morning - continuous in the afternoon - rain-snow limit towards 1200 m - expected snowfall towards 1800 m : 10-20 cm.
Wind: aloft : NW strong.
Temperature: rising lows - dropping highs.

EXTENDED OUTLOOK UNTIL MONDAY FEBRUARY 14 2005
Saturday : unsettled - continuous rain above 1200 m - NW gale high up. Sunday : unsettled and colder - snow showers above 800 m. Monday : likely to improve - cold.
Forecast Reliability: fairly good until Friday - poor thereafter.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
looks like lots of snow forecast...
It's going to be pretty cold though!

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Chamonix.0to3top.shtml
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowHead hello mwareing - welcome to snowheads!!!! snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just back from Cham, left Wed night, skied Thursday in sunshine and high clouds in Brevent/Flegere. The black down from Brevent was shut but everything else was open.

Snow was pretty good with icy patches around, off piste hadn't melted as much as I'd expected in the sun, hence not much fun! What was noticeable was the lack of snow cover. Off piste areas I've seen skied in early season were very rocky. From speaking to the SCGB rep this is due to the high winds that have blown away the fresh snow as it has fallen.

Friday skied Grand Montets with the SCGB rep, was cloudy as we got the cable car up, and it started to snow lightly as we got about half way up. Snowed all day, on and off lightly, and was still snowing in Cham village at 5pm. Skiing was good, and getting better by the hour with the fresh snow. Vis wasn't good at all, had some nice off-piste runs, and spent most of the PM in the trees. The odd stone around on the red run back to the car park, but all in all good snow. The wind was picking up. Wet snow down to resort.

By 6pm it was p*ssing down with rain in the village, which turned the place into an ice rink, it was very amusing trying to walk home!

Still pouring down Sat morning, snowing above 1800m, but very wet snow, and very heavy with very poor vis again, experienced a few nose dives as I completely failed to see drop offs slightly off-piste! Skied back down at lunchtime as the missus new boots needed attention. She bailed out in the pm, but I went back up, and once again stuck to the trees, where the powder was now knee deep and coming down strong. It was very heavy and hard work, imagine it'd be good higher up, but the vis was very poor.

Skied down at the end of the day, very slushy with the piste being saturated. Raining in Chamonix as we left at 7pm, got to Geneva and Easyjet has cancelled the flight, so had a night in Geneva. Despite leaving the gloves out overnight they are still wet when I got home this afternoon, which just shows how wet it was!

Should be fanastic out there once the cloud clears, as the temp was dropping in the village as we left, and was forecast to snow down to 500m Sunday.

cheers,

greg
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great post gregh. Now snow is dumping, temperature dropping, and avalanches almost a certainty.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
AlexF, gregh, thanks. Hmm, wet snow, ice patches, rocks, doesn't sound ideal like ideal conditions. on top of that they set the avalanche risk at 4/5, so maybe the Arlberg should be a better bet.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
forgot to say.....Great service from Steve in Footworks. We went with a custom liner for my wife's boots, and therefore they knocked off the cost of the standard liner! all the boots have a "shell only" price. He also re-used her existing footbed, by reheating it and packing it up underneath.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy