Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Leg Exercise Macines

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm just starting to change my, sort of, mountainbike focused gym work towards a more ski related one for next season. More core work, stability and upper body than I do in the summer, for example.

Last year I used the leg adductor and abductor machines a bit, no idea why but I thought it may help. Also on the Warren Smith course last year he advocated an exercise where you stand on a towel on a lino/shiney floor with legs apart and draw the feet together as slowly as possible; kind of similar I'd have thought.

However, a mate of mine who's a bit of a fitness know-it-all (ex army PTI) says those machines benefit women, whilst giving little benefit to men due to differing physiology.

Anyone know if he's right?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For skiing most of teh machines will help tone the muscles as will cycling
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mosha Marc, Just ramp the level up a bit. Army blokes seem to think that if it doesn't give you bulging muscles it does F all. Macho cowd00*.
If you do the one where you bring your legs together (it's risky getting on with the peg in the lower weight stack LOL) tehn also do the reverse where you push your legs out.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy