Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Blighty

Poster: A snowHead
Snowbird, get yourself up to the Town Moor. Starting to snow again in Durham now.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Currently tossing it down on Teesside
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lots of heavy snow showers in Newcastle - snow lying on roads in city centre. The best conditions are on the rooftops, especially the higher ones. Further snow forecast for today and the rest of the week. All hotels have vacancies ! No signs of gritters as yet. snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not much settling in Hertfordshire at the moment - but then it has only just started.

mainly rain and sleet last 24 hours in SE - it was noticeable how the snow showers over Lincolnshire turned to rain as they crossed the Wash. There was some warmer air embedded over the SE yesterday/last night. You could see how the temperature went up in some places as the evening wore on. At this time of year it takes a little while for everything to cool down properly (the seas are relatively warm, and it's been quite mild recently), so we'd need this weather to continue to bring everything down to snow levels. It looks like that's what will happen with a trough expected to cross into the East later. With snow/sleet showersand the easterly wind cooling things down throughout the day, as it starts getting dark, we could start to see snow starting to settle and if the trough moves through then, there could be a reasonable amount (for this part of the country). That could coincide with rush hour (like it did two years ago) - if you go home via the M11 you might want to consider leaving early wink.

Overnight Tuesday night there's a small cold front expected to come in from the east which could bring more snow, followed by a trough. If snow's already settled before that, we could see more as temperatures should be being lowered. Thursday they were forecasting a warm front to move through bringing milder air, but that's now been changed to an occluded front. If the lower air's been chilled, then the milder air with move above it and it could mean a reasonable dumping of snow. If the air has not been sufficiently chilled it could mean rain instead - though that could mean ice problem overnight.

Very difficult to forecast more than a few hours ahead in this situation (the details anyway), and the presence and timings of the fronts and troughs could very easily change (note the Thirsday change already). The main thing needed to bring snow for the SE is a drop in temperature (esp. the dew points) and though that looks on the cards, it's a bit of a borderline situation. So if you want snow, you'll want the temps to drop, if you don't you'll want them to hold steady or rise.

Two places you might like to keep an eye on:

http://www.meto.gov.uk/weather/europe/uk/radar/animation.html
http://www.meto.gov.uk/weather/europe/uk/obs/index.html
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whiteout conditions here in Lincoln at the moment. I'm going to get my goggles out for driving home Cool
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
An upper air trough (basically a high level area of unstable air) is set to cross the SE this evening which should bring a fair bit of precipitation. This could very well be snow - in fact as it'll be coming in on easterly winds (the wind directly is now shifting more to the east), then it's looking very likely that it will be. Keep an eye on the radar pictures out in the channel, this afternoon.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A few cm here this morning, but the Sun is out now. Bloody freezin though!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's raining in Nottingham, miserable part of the country! Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The piste bashers didnt do their work quick enough and so I can see rocks, heather, tarmac and white lines on the roads in Newcastle - doh ! More snow is forecast though for the next few days.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fresh Powder in Dublin this morning, but not sticking! I needed my new goggles to deflect snow while cyling to work this morning .
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's dumping it down in Hemel right now.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Has just snowed hard in Nottingham, not sticking though.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Was just snowing hard in Central London, has stopped for a while now, due to return later.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Distinct n/s line of (snow) showers moving west across the country and has just cleared London. It stretches from north of the Humber to the south coast, but is not very thick - so I doubt it'll leave much unless there's already snow lying. It's very noticeable on both radar and satellite pictures.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowing in Wales & Scotland (though not, I think, heavily).
ski holidays

This was the view today looking over to the top of the Cas Smile Props to a guy called h11lly over on Winterhighland forum for the piccy.
There's supposed to be over 8 inches in places.
skanky - Do you reckon we have a chance of some serious sliding next week?
I've been hitting the forecasts but Monday onwards is shown as uncertain :/
Is it because there's a chance of a thaw again? Sad
My gears ready to go. Now all I need is to see those uplifts getting readied Very Happy
latest report
rockyrobin, hard to say - I'm not experienced at what (borderline) conditions are necessary for snow in Scotland, hopefully brian will be on here at some time. I don't know but guess that there may have been some more snow over the weekend, looking at the charts? The winds for Scotland look to be mainly from N (both NE & NW) for most of the week - though they are quite slack at times as HP builds to the NE midweek. Current conditions in Aviemore are rain and 8C so it's not looking great - but I haven't seen the dewpoints.
latest report
 brian
brian
rockyrobin, skanky, sadly I don't think so. The base is all gone and the ground will have warmed up considerably. It would take a very unusual cold blast to get things going again now. Looking at the webcam today, it's raining even up at the Ptarmigan Sad

btw, I believe H1lly is a lady named Helen wink
latest report
brian, thanks.
snow report
thanks, skanky & brian,

I guess I can get some pleasure in all the build up and excitement even though the weather has let me down again Sad
After seeing that photo Helen posted guess I got a bit carried away.
Quote:
btw, I believe H1lly is a lady named Helen wink

Sorry, I just felt it a bit rude to make out like I was on first name terms.
Does Helen post on here? Thanks Helen for sharing your piccys with us via the net Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy